Season in jeopardy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    If the owners want the season to start and have a chance to finish, they should have sixty man rosters and twenty man practice squads. When most teams have thirty guys on Covid IR, they would probably suspend the season.

Not everyone suffers the same from COVID-19 and there are different levels of recovery. It seems likely that anyone who needed to be on a ventilator will have chronic lifelong health problems related to Covid.
    What makes you think their will be 30 guys on Covid IR? Is their a study that shows half of the people who come in contact with someone with Covid get it?
    47 million have been tested 4.3 million have had it!
    That would be more like 5 players on a roster getting it and returning in two to three weeks.
    Those numbers are different if you take away all the nursing homes where patients with the virus were sent into a home with it and no it quarantined.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      What makes you think their will be 30 guys on Covid IR? Is their a study that shows half of the people who come in contact with someone with Covid get it?
      That would be more like 5 players on a roster getting it and returning in two to three weeks.
      Those numbers are different if you take away all the nursing homes where patients with the virus were sent into a home with it and no it quarantined.
      If, since, when, unless, etc. are subordinating conjunctions introducing a clause with a verb in the subjunctive mood.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If three of the five you mentioned were from the QB room because they study film together, that could be a problem. Or all five of your O-Line. Missing top players for a few weeks because of COVID could really damage your team and their chances....and that doesn’t add in the injuries that inevitably happen to every team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          If three of the five you mentioned were from the QB room because they study film together, that could be a problem. Or all five of your O-Line. Missing top players for a few weeks because of COVID could really damage your team and their chances....and that doesn’t add in the injuries that inevitably happen to every team.
          A Qb an Olineman can get injured in a game anyway not just get sick.
          Last year Lock, Risner, and McGovern all got the flu.
          Not playing the nfl season because of the risk of players missing a week or two has always been part of the game. Whatever happens you adjust as you go. The German Soccer league has great success with its teams. It’s worth it if enough of the players are willing to play. If not I guess we just won’t have football.
          sigpic

Comment

• I guess the thing that I’m trying to get my head around is all these players are practicing on their own right now, risking infection and now all the sudden it’s too dangerous to do the same thing but with regular testing, contact tracing, social distancing and masks in indoor settings.
            I’m all for supporting the players if they wanna play, if they don’t want to play why are they risking them and their families to practice right now?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              If, since, when, unless, etc. are subordinating conjunctions introducing a clause with a verb in the subjunctive mood.
              Please forgive my grammar..
              sigpic

Comment

A Qb an Olineman can get injured in a game anyway not just get sick.
                Last year Lock, Risner, and McGovern all got the flu.
                Not playing the nfl season because of the risk of players missing a week or two has always been part of the game. Whatever happens you adjust as you go. The German Soccer league has great success with its teams. It’s worth it if enough of the players are willing to play. If not I guess we just won’t have football.
                Injuries have been part of the game, a pandemic has not. It’s unlikely, but not impossible that the scenario where all of your QB’s can get infected from being around each other in the film room. Then what? Use the emergency QB and grab a few rejects from the trash bin. Not very entertaining to watch.

The German soccer league may have been successful, but the MLS had two entire teams have to withdraw because a majority of the players and coaches got COVID. I want football like everyone else, I just don’t want to settle for mediocre football

Comment

I guess the thing that I’m trying to get my head around is all these players are practicing on their own right now, risking infection and now all the sudden it’s too dangerous to do the same thing but with regular testing, contact tracing, social distancing and masks in indoor settings.
                  I’m all for supporting the players if they wanna play, if they don’t want to play why are they risking them and their families to practice right now?
                  So, my brother in law played for the Broncos and had to retire due to injury. I asked him what his thoughts are on this whole restart thing. In a nutshell, he would have been comfortable playing in his early career. But later, when there’s a wife and kids involved, there’s more hesitation. Not because he doesn’t trust himself, but can he trust other young millionaires to follow strict protocols. Most will follow those rules, but there’s always a few who won’t.

It looks the owners and union are going to make a deal on testing, which will probably get them over the hump to a season.

Comment

So, my brother in law played for the Broncos and had to retire due to injury. I asked him what his thoughts are on this whole restart thing. In a nutshell, he would have been comfortable playing in his early career. But later, when there’s a wife and kids involved, there’s more hesitation. Not because he doesn’t trust himself, but can he trust other young millionaires to follow strict protocols. Most will follow those rules, but there’s always a few who won’t.

It looks the owners and union are going to make a deal on testing, which will probably get them over the hump to a season.
                    So if he needs money he would feel safer providing for his family doing something else?
                    sigpic

Comment

Injuries have been part of the game, a pandemic has not. It’s unlikely, but not impossible that the scenario where all of your QB’s can get infected from being around each other in the film room. Then what? Use the emergency QB and grab a few rejects from the trash bin. Not very entertaining to watch.

The German soccer league may have been successful, but the MLS had two entire teams have to withdraw because a majority of the players and coaches got COVID. I want football like everyone else, I just don’t want to settle for mediocre football
                      Your scenario is based on if the qb gets it. He the. Is out two weeks. What if he breaks his leg and he is done for the year? NFL teams have to adapt, and losing players happens.
                      sigpic

Comment

Your scenario is based on if the qb gets it. He the. Is out two weeks. What if he breaks his leg and he is done for the year? NFL teams have to adapt, and losing players happens.
                        If he breaks his legs,,,he is out. If, by chance, he infects the entire QB room, they are out.

Comment

So if he needs money he would feel safer providing for his family doing something else?
                          By the time he had a wife and kids, he never had to work a day in his life.

Comment

By the time he had a wife and kids, he never had to work a day in his life.
                            That is a good position to be in, and health risks are more risky for sure if you don’t need to work.
                            sigpic

Comment

If he breaks his legs,,,he is out. If, by chance, he infects the entire QB room, they are out.
                              If the testing, masks, social distancing, continuous cleaning of equipment all fail then yes that could happen.
                              Drew has been practicing with his teammates why aren’t they all getting affected?
                              sigpic

Comment

That is a good position to be in, and health risks are more risky for sure if you don’t need to work.
                                It is, and that’s what is tough for these guys who aren’t guaranteed a long career. I feel for those who might lose a year of their career and be closer to the end or who won’t get a shot due to no preseason. Tough circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X