Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddieMac
    replied
    And I really love the we want to play hashtag...

Well then figure something out..and play... or don’t..

Don’t make this a media thing..

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

Shut it down players, please... don't play, don’t get paid ...
    As long as the players get no money for choosing to sit out for safety reasons, I'm ok with it (welcome to the reality that the rest of us live in).

If the players are fighting to get paid while choosing to sit out the season for safety reasons, I trust that they'll be donating 75% of their millions to all of the unemployed folks out there, who's businesses were shut down, with people struggling to buy a loaf of bread.

Or will this just be like a fully paid sabbatical for them?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

The players don’t have to put their families health at risk for me to still love and support the Broncos in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Still think the season is not at risk?
    I saw that. I also heard that 14 teams are in what is considered 'red zone' states. I wonder if that will have any bearing on travel in and out.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Oh it for sure is. And the same people refusing to wear masks are going to be the same ones yelling and calling the players selfish for choosing to not play for their own safety.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-trainin...g-as-scheduled

Training camp for all 32 NFL teams will commence as previously scheduled, with veterans set to report on July 28.

NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent sent an email to all 32 NFL clubs' general managers and head coaches notifying them of this on Saturday.

The email, obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, read:

At [Friday's] league meeting, the membership was advised that under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the reporting dates for training camp this year are as follows.

Rookies - July 21

Quarterbacks and injured players - July 23

All other players - July 28

Each team sets exact dates.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ason-know-know

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Link to the study mentioned

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody...ngeles-county/

Keep in mind this was data taken from a point in time completely different compared to today in terms of how people get tested. I can tell you in April in Los Angeles county people with symptoms were not getting tested unless they met a certain age or health condition requirement....unless they found a private doctor to give them the test and they paid out of pocket for it.

Today someone can cough from a dry throat and get tested.
    It is nevertheless interesting that the estimated percentage of people in the US (based on this study) with Covid-19 antibodies, and therefore presumed to have suffered from the disease is approximately 4%. This mirrors pretty closely similar studies (including recent ones) carried out in Spain and the UK, where the rates are estimated at around 5%. These rates are much higher in big cities and lower in more suburban and rural areas.

There simply isn't going to be herd immunity without a vaccine, which is unsurprising as I can't recall herd immunity ever previously being tried without a vaccine or highly effective therapeutics.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    And a problem with this point is it's assuming some type of herd immunity. While everyone in the US won't test positive we can't rule out that others will test positive multiple times and may have, or not have, other symptoms. So if 33% of Americans get COVID 3 times, the same numbers would apply. Just like all of the 100 Broncos may not get COVID. But some of them may get it more than once too.
    Herd immunity has nothing to do with my point.

Extrapolating numbers assuming everyone in the USA will test positive is bad logic. The fact some people can get it more than once like you referenced is another another reason why the numbers should be looked it with a skeptical eye.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    The Head Medical person is suggesting Western Canada go back into phase 1 lockdown stuff... with a few new outbreaks happening here.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    The problem with this data is the same as the people who are trying to push the ~0.05% fatality rate but from the other side.

It assumes everyone in the USA will test positive for Covid19 which is a bad assumption.
    And a problem with this point is it's assuming some type of herd immunity. While everyone in the US won't test positive we can't rule out that others will test positive multiple times and may have, or not have, other symptoms. So if 33% of Americans get COVID 3 times, the same numbers would apply. Just like all of the 100 Broncos may not get COVID. But some of them may get it more than once too.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Someone mentioned, either in this thread or the corona virus thread, a study conducted in the LA area by USC and some other organizations that showed, through antibodies testing, that far more people have been exposed than originally thought. That study only involved one county, but it’s certainly the case for a lot more areas.
    Link to the study mentioned

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody...ngeles-county/

Keep in mind this was data taken from a point in time completely different compared to today in terms of how people get tested. I can tell you in April in Los Angeles county people with symptoms were not getting tested unless they met a certain age or health condition requirement....unless they found a private doctor to give them the test and they paid out of pocket for it.

Today someone can cough from a dry throat and get tested.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I know they are different although they both show similar symptoms. I'm saying no matter what you may have they clinics and hospitals don't care. They will label you so they get their kickback's. It's a fact, there are hundreds of nurses and doctors coming out about e and as long as that continues I won't believe a word about our "numbers"
    It's this minipulation that will hinder things.... including sporting events

Leave a comment:

Working...
X