Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season in jeopardy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I thought they were allowing black lives matter logos on their uniforms? Was that not expected to be permanently allowed?
    I did not hear about the logo. Has anyone seen an example? Does it stand out like pink towels/shoes/wristbands?
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      It affects us all, does it not?
      It pretty much time to move forward.
      (Get over it, enjoy life)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        I agree, we're not allowed to talk politics or religion on a message board sponsored by a team but the team itself can protest and have a voice about what is important to them??? There are facts in every case and I for one would like to see facts of a case before we go insane over something!!!
        Sports is supposed to be entertaining and fun.
        Not some political platform.
        These people are professional athletes with a job to do, and they're getting paid millions of dollars to do it.
        (Shut up and go to work, or if they don't like it quit and move on.)
        They can run for office to make the changes they want to make.
        That's kinda the way we do it here in America.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          I did not hear about the logo. Has anyone seen an example? Does it stand out like pink towels/shoes/wristbands?
          They wear slogans on their jersey's where the names normally go. "Say Their Names", "Equality", "Black Lives Matter", etc.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            It affects us all, does it not?
            So true. Sam, you and I are among the old group here, and yet we seem to be talking about changing times as acceptable. Just because it used to be, does not mean it's the right way. Sports are huge business, and their players/owners and others have more of a platform in the world we live in. The times they are a changin. Those with power can use it. And many of those folks are not looking to be elected. They have a voice, and a message, and millions and millions are listening. In fact, I think they have a vital role in setting an example for the youth. Young folks do not always like to follow politics, but they love their sports heroes/role models....and there are many of them in sports.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              It pretty much time to move forward.
              (Get over it, enjoy life)
              A lot of players have lived with this their entire life, hard to move on when it's not changing.
              It's real easy to say get over it when you aren't affected. It could be just as easy to say this is a new generation of players, so you need to get over it and move on and get comfortable with these types of activities.

              Comment


              • I am not sure when I have seen so many interviews with strong, athletic, tough, black men... with tears rolling down their faces as I have of late. These men are pro athletes, and yes, they may be wealthy (so what), but their tears are real. Very sad to see. Such compassion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  A lot of players have lived with this their entire life, hard to move on when it's not changing.
                  It's real easy to say get over it when you aren't affected. It could be just as easy to say this is a new generation of players, so you need to get over it and move on and get comfortable with these types of activities.
                  Ok, will do!
                  Thank you!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I am not sure when I have seen so many interviews with strong, athletic, tough, black men... with tears rolling down their faces as I have of late. These men are pro athletes, and yes, they may be wealthy (so what), but their tears are real. Very sad to see. Such compassion.
                    When something really matters to you, it dwarfs everything else.

                    Comment


                    • You want to talk about justice , well let's wait and see what the investigation finds out before we fire someone or throw em in jail . Thats how justice is supposed to be. Its not the athletes job to decide if someone should be arrested or not .

                      So back to the season being in jeopardy. I'm hoping corona really starts declining so we don't have any hiccups in our season. Really looking forward to seeing our young team develop.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        You want to talk about justice , well let's wait and see what the investigation finds out before we fire someone or throw em in jail . Thats how justice is supposed to be. Its not the athletes job to decide if someone should be arrested or not .

                        So back to the season being in jeopardy. I'm hoping corona really starts declining so we don't have any hiccups in our season. Really looking forward to seeing our young team develop.
                        I think for them its more about the general issue than any specific individual case.

                        As for the season, I have held the view throughout that it will take place, perhaps with the odd postponement here and there where a local lockdown occurs. Perhaps there may also be a change to the playoffs with the latter stages taking place at one of two safer venues (which could include Mile High).

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          So true. Sam, you and I are among the old group here, and yet we seem to be talking about changing times as acceptable. Just because it used to be, does not mean it's the right way. Sports are huge business, and their players/owners and others have more of a platform in the world we live in. The times they are a changin. Those with power can use it. And many of those folks are not looking to be elected. They have a voice, and a message, and millions and millions are listening. In fact, I think they have a vital role in setting an example for the youth. Young folks do not always like to follow politics, but they love their sports heroes/role models....and there are many of them in sports.
                          You are overlooking that not everyone agrees on every topic or has the same level of passion to actively support it.

                          The NBA players boycotted because they wanted to see more action from the owners. Should that same standard be demanded of NFL owners and organizations? What if they go against the popular opinion. What happens when an owner ( or teammate) donates to the “wrong” cause?

                          IMO there has to be limit of political or social messaging connected to sports. It is a diversion and entertainment from the news. I have no clue what that acceptable line should be, just know I’m getting pretty darn close to it.

                          I’m an avid Laker/ NBA fan. I love the playoffs almost as much as football but the saturation of social messaging and commentary is starting to interfere with my enjoyment of the games. To the point of thinking it would be better if they just shut it down . Players don’t want to be there. So why force it.

                          Just hope the NFL can find the balance suitable for all to be satisfied with just playing and enjoying a game. Naive of me I know. We shall see!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            The political and social unrest has no business being in sports.
                            Neither the thinking of just shut up in play. Not just here to entertainment. I'm pretty the players could less what you think they should and shouldn't be allowed to do!
                            We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              A lot of players have lived with this their entire life, hard to move on when it's not changing.
                              It's real easy to say get over it when you aren't affected. It could be just as easy to say this is a new generation of players, so you need to get over it and move on and get comfortable with these types of activities.
                              thanks for your post!!!!
                              We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                You are overlooking that not everyone agrees on every topic or has the same level of passion to actively support it.

                                The NBA players boycotted because they wanted to see more action from the owners. Should that same standard be demanded of NFL owners and organizations? What if they go against the popular opinion. What happens when an owner ( or teammate) donates to the “wrong” cause?

                                IMO there has to be limit of political or social messaging connected to sports. It is a diversion and entertainment from the news. I have no clue what that acceptable line should be, just know I’m getting pretty darn close to it.

                                I’m an avid Laker/ NBA fan. I love the playoffs almost as much as football but the saturation of social messaging and commentary is starting to interfere with my enjoyment of the games. To the point of thinking it would be better if they just shut it down . Players don’t want to be there. So why force it.

                                Just hope the NFL can find the balance suitable for all to be satisfied with just playing and enjoying a game. Naive of me I know. We shall see!
                                I agree, and I did not mean to overlook. But I think the times are a changin, and therefore my opinion is that we should not be too rigid in terms of who has a voice, or that we should stay the way we were.

                                No, I don't want sports to be too opinionated, but in these times, I get it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X