Season in jeopardy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    It's been postponed. The NFL is currently saying what it initially did with the Titans-Steelers game, that it will be played just a day or so later than scheduled, but we all know what happened in that case.
    It depends on if there are more positives. But according to PFT, there's no easy way to reschedule this one (The Titans-Steelers was fairly easy) and if it's not played this week it'll end up either cancelled outright, or there will be a week 18 and the playoffs will be delayed.

Comment

• Hope u all stay safe

Comment

• I agree with the posts politics, gender affiliation, and religion need out of our broncos country. Let’s just hope for the best and keep trucking along. Love you all my sisters and brothers made some friends on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          It depends on if there are more positives. But according to PFT, there's no easy way to reschedule this one (The Titans-Steelers was fairly easy) and if it's not played this week it'll end up either cancelled outright, or there will be a week 18 and the playoffs will be delayed.
          I been waiting to express my opinion on this but for a while I have thought the teams with the best Covid protocols will end up getting a bye week at the end of the season as there will be the need for make up games.

The NFL probably does not want to announce this....for example the Broncos would probably love an extra bye week now and to play the game in "week 18"
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• If the NFL was smart it would shorten the season to 10 regular season games right now and expand the playoff field to 16 teams 8NFC/8AFC and bubble them up after a 2 week bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
              If the NFL was smart it would shorten the season to 10 regular season games right now and expand the playoff field to 16 teams 8NFC/8AFC and bubble them up after a 2 week bye.
              That plan seems pretty much out the window now that the season has begun.

They’ll be fine, if teams stick to protocols.

The NFL is apparently under the impression that Tennessee may have violated protocols.
              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Several Raiders players went to a charity event in Nevada on Monday and raided $300,000. BUT, they were caught mingling without masks. It's now Sunday and no positive tests have come out of that event as far as I know, but we're still in the window where them attending that event with reckless abandon COULD result in positive tests, and I won't be surprised if we hear more about it in the coming days. Boy I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of everyone's health and not so much football. But those kind of events are the #1 factors in how this global menace is spread.

I think the NFL should prepare up to 4 flex weeks that would extend the season as long as into the middle of March. However, if a team violated protocols and put the game in jeopardy, not to mention the team and opponents at risk, then the NFL should probably consider that team forfeiting the game. I'm not a fan of fining the rich. Hit the franchise in the win column.

Comment

• And now here come the Falcons.

Comment

• I don't know about any of you folks, but does it seem like we haven't played for a very long time....even though we had an unplanned bye? Does it just seem slow, and at times, out of whack, given the upbeat feeling coming into the season, then the injuries, the pandemic, the lack of victories, and so on? Yikes, even the Lawrence talk!!

If we get some of our guys back relatively soon, we could have a very nice mid-late season. But if I had to bet on it, I am not too confident about this week's game, which would lead to 1 and 4. We would need at least 8 and 3 to make the playoffs....at least.

Sorry for the minor rant.....it's been a few years, and like everyone else, I was hoping for a good start. Then again, a good game or two will change this feeling for sure. Maybe this weekend!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 10-15-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• LeVeon Bell just signed with KC. So safe to say MANY SEASONS are in jeopardy for the Broncos.

Comment

• Season is shot but can develop young guys. I just hope we are not wasting millers time with a throw away year. I am hopeful with the fact mostly healthy we stayed toe to toe with Titans and Steelers. The SB team this year is who stays the healthiest and not necessarily the overall best.

Comment

• Thats Nuts! If the Chiefs repeat that would be disgusting.

Comment

• How the hell do they manage to sign all these players? Are they just printing money at this point

Comment

• The Raiders could dethrone the Chiefs?
                              At least they proved they are beatable.

Comment

• Colts shut down their facility. https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-close...covid-19-tests

Comment

Working...
                                X