Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sra84
    replied
    After last night, I won't be upset if the season is cancelled. I see nothing but disappointment again this year.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m starting to be hopeful that more and more fans will be allowed to return to games by seasons end.
    I think that is plausible. There were already some fans in the stands in a couple games. I was actually a bit surprised by the Chiefs game.

Broncos will start having limited fans in the stands starting week 3 - with other teams doing something similar.

I don't really have any expectations - maybe more optimism than anything. Here's hoping we can slowly get back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I have seen a couple shows talk about the measures the NFL is going to to not only track the players and people directly working with them (coaches and trainers) but it sounds like they tracking some of the media people associated with the teams. I hope media associated with the networks also buys into this.

When someone tests positive there will be tracking data like no where else in the world.

Obviously the NFL is pushing forward because of money. They also putting more resources into tracking and testing than anything we have seen up until now. The world will learn from this.

The fans get entertained.

The season moving forward has been a no brainier to me on these points alone.
    I’m starting to be hopeful that more and more fans will be allowed to return to games by seasons end.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I have seen a couple shows talk about the measures the NFL is going to to not only track the players and people directly working with them (coaches and trainers) but it sounds like they tracking some of the media people associated with the teams. I hope media associated with the networks also buys into this.

When someone tests positive there will be tracking data like no where else in the world.

Obviously the NFL is pushing forward because of money. They also putting more resources into tracking and testing than anything we have seen up until now. The world will learn from this.

The fans get entertained.

The season moving forward has been a no brainier to me on these points alone.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-13-2020, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    So glad I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    So it looks like the Season is a Go I cannot wait !! Oh Yaaaaa DB4L !!

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    It pretty much time to move forward.
    (Get over it, enjoy life)
    based on what? I am in an area here in Canada which is widely seen as being much further ahead than most areas. Even here we have a ways to go.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    10-4 Rastic , thank you . Broncos Country we are sooooo close to opening day . I'm feeling like a kid a week before Christmas lol. Hoping for a good healthy , injury free season .......and through the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Ok.

Politics. Full stop.

Thread closed for some cleaning and re-open after it's cooled down.

Edit: Thread is open again.

The COCs have not changed. More politics / personal attacks / etc. will see this thread permanently closed.
    Last edited by Rastic; 08-28-2020, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    “If not now, when? If not during this pandemic, then when?

# Cris Webber

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Back to the original intent of this thread, the NFL currently has 1 player on the Covid list. 1 player league wide. 2560 players on active rosters right now, and just 1 is Covid positive at this point.

The league will definitely start on time, and they'll get the full season in.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The NHL, which has a relatively small % of black players, is also postponing games....tonight and tomorrow. Speaks volumes to me.

Maybe this is too much chatter about the topic, but given we are talking about the NFL season, I would not be surprised if (sadly) any other "incident" took place in the coming weeks/months ended up initiating further boycotts. And it is not easy to reschedule a bunch of NFL games.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-27-2020, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
    True. However, in this modern world where we are bombarded 24/7 on social media, TV and in print, there is now no escape from being told what to think and how to think. If you speak, you will be damned one side or the other. It's same if you don't speak up. We are all damned no matter what we do or say. The Golden Rule applies to my life. Do unto others as you would have them do undo you. It's so damned simple, but too much of humanity just don't get it.
    And as our brother Michael Jackson said,
    "If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look in the mirror, and Make that Change!!!!
    Whoooo!
    (Grab crotch, etc.!!!! Whooo!)

Leave a comment:

• ThreeGees
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    The political and social unrest has no business being in sports.
    True. However, in this modern world where we are bombarded 24/7 on social media, TV and in print, there is now no escape from being told what to think and how to think. If you speak, you will be damned one side or the other. It's same if you don't speak up. We are all damned no matter what we do or say. The Golden Rule applies to my life. Do unto others as you would have them do undo you. It's so damned simple, but too much of humanity just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    They should just cancel the season. NFL acts like everything is only going to get better. Breaking news: colder weather is coming. Numbers will go up. NFL doesn’t have the ability to bubble players like they do in NHL or NBA. Smaller rosters and playing just playoffs. Nfl plans on playing a full season. This will most likely end badly. Just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X