Simmons signs tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    This will be one of the main storylines this year, and I thought it would be a good discussion thread. With Miller now gone, the man who "bet on himself" to earn something in excess of 15 million per year did not have a good start to repeating his 2019 campaign. Simmons looked more like the inconsistent pre-2019 safety against the Titans, and I think we will continue to see him be just good, with a ceiling of great, but not a game-breaker in any capacity.
    I'll settle for consistently good with a ceiling of great. One indifferent game doesn't change that. Safety has to be one of the hardest positions to play. You make one of two slight mistakes, or misreads, and the team could be in a big hole.

Comment

This will be one of the main storylines this year, and I thought it would be a good discussion thread. With Miller now gone, the man who "bet on himself" to earn something in excess of 15 million per year did not have a good start to repeating his 2019 campaign. Simmons looked more like the inconsistent pre-2019 safety against the Titans, and I think we will continue to see him be just good, with a ceiling of great, but not a game-breaker in any capacity.
      This will be interesting. Imagine if he did get a big new contract. Playing like he did last night would make me puke knowing he got paid......

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
        I'll settle for consistently good with a ceiling of great. One indifferent game doesn't change that. Safety has to be one of the hardest positions to play. You make one of two slight mistakes, or misreads, and the team could be in a big hole.
        He has been that, for one season, and it's one game since he had a great year. We will see if he goes back to stacking inconsistent games like he did prior to 2019. The question really is though, do you pay elite money for just consistently "good" ? I wouldn't.

Comment

He has been that, for one season, and it's one game since he had a great year. We will see if he goes back to stacking inconsistent games like he did prior to 2019. The question really is though, do you pay elite money for just consistently "good" ? I wouldn't.
          But it's not a question they have to answer until February. Because of the Franchise Tag, and failing to reach a long term agreement before the July deadline, they're no longer allowed to agree to a long term contract until after the Super Bowl. In 15 games they'll know their answer, but until then, no decisions need to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            But it's not a question they have to answer until February. Because of the Franchise Tag, and failing to reach a long term agreement before the July deadline, they're no longer allowed to agree to a long term contract until after the Super Bowl. In 15 games they'll know their answer, but until then, no decisions need to be made.
            I agree but disagree at the same time. If Simmons continues to play the way he is then he needs to be traded. We need to get something for him so that we are not just letting him walk out the door.

Comment

The miscommunication with Jackson on the TD was horrible. Many people were upset over Harris pointing at others after giving up completions, he was usually pointing at Simmons. I had wondered if it was just Harris he didn’t communicate well with, even though it’s only 1 game, that wasn’t a good sign.

I won’t blame him for all the crossers over the middle though, Jewell was putting him in an impossible situation by biting so hard on the play action.

Comment

Hopefully he gets paid. Simmons is straight ballin this game.

He is every where doing everything ints tfls. Having a super impressive game. Looking like a top 5 safety
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                X