DIV IV - Where the pros play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    ive said this before in the past. this FF league is damn good and competitive and I'm not just saying that because my team is dead last

in my money league, I've won 2 of the last 3 years and I'm 8-2 this year. meanwhile, I get my ass handed to me in this free league. well, last year and this year at least.

I don't even think the other leagues here are as good. I may be biased but I've been in league 3 and this one is the most competitive I've seen.

nice work everyone! I'm gonna be back next year with A VENGEANCE!!!!!
    I do like my other league here a lot! But I tend to agree, this is one of the toughest leagues to succeed in. I have Wilson, Kamara and a host of talent, and have scored over 130 points per game, and have struggled to get over 500. I love the competitiveness!

I have a buddy who seems to do very well in other leagues, but based on our conversations I think he is in 8 or 10 players leagues at most, and with anonymous opponents, who probably quit quicker than any of us. I've been in such a league, where I thought I was doing great, except it never dawned on me how easy it was to get the waiver picks I wanted. Whereas here (and in my other league - BCMB Smackdown), I seldom land the players I really want.

Good stuff!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

I'm right there with you Baph at 7-3. This may be my worst year ever in this league, but it will always be my favorite league. You guys are all awesome to play with!! Seems like you can score 120+ weekly here and lose... I don't mind though, just means everyone is competitive and that is pretty much every year.
      I've never finished last in any league ever and I've been playing since like 2002. a lot of it was me making stupid trades but CMC really screwed me this year. I would have been better off drafting mahomes first overall like I said I was going to do.
      sigpic

Comment

• I can't believe I am starting 3 rookie WRs. In most seasons one rookie WR would be the most that might start regularly and I have been starting at least 2 for a few weeks now. 2020 draft was very deep with WRs.
        GO MIGHTY ROCKIES!
        sigpic

Comment

• Not sure if others agree, but so far (touch wood) the 3 IR/Covid bench positions that were introduced was a really good idea. I realize we are not clear yet, and with many cases as we speak on a lot of teams, there's still a chance that things can go south in the league. Maybe hotel bubbles before long. But as far as FF this year, til today anyway, the new roster rule has been very effective.

Next year, hopefully under different circumstances, I do like the idea of keeping 1 IR position on the bench. My friend says his league has been doing this prior to the '20 season, and it sure makes it nice when one of your stars goes down. Gives you a shot at getting them back, instead of having to flat out drop them.
          Last edited by CanDB; 11-27-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Not sure if others agree, but so far (touch wood) the 3 IR/Covid bench positions that were introduced was a really good idea. I realize we are not clear yet, and with many cases as we speak on a lot of teams, there's still a chance that things can go south in the league. Maybe hotel bubbles before long. But as far as FF this year, til today anyway, the new roster rule has been very effective.

Next year, hopefully under different circumstances, I do like the idea of keeping 1 IR position on the bench. My friend says his league has been doing this prior to the '20 season, and it sure makes it nice when one of your stars goes down. Gives you a shot at getting them back, instead of having to flat out drop them.
            Yes, I like the idea of keeping going forward. I also like the idea of quicker process with trades in future seasons.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Yes, I like the idea of keeping going forward. I also like the idea of quicker process with trades in future seasons.
              Yes and yes!!!

Comment

• Anyone starting Hinton today lol

He’ll probably end up catching a pass or two today and this is a Ppr league...

Comment

• Any way I could move the ravens defense to the covid slot in order to pickup a tight end for tonight? Supposed to have ebron for the Steelers but that game keeps getting moved
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nevermind, I was able to drop a player to add the tight end from the eagles
                    sigpic

Comment

• Guess I jumped the gun switching out ebron because it's going to cost me the win, but I didn't want to chance that game getting cancelled.

Damnit!

Can I switch it back? Haha stupid nfl
                      Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 11-30-2020, 06:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        Guess I jumped the gun switching out ebron because it's going to cost me the win, but I didn't want to chance that game getting cancelled.

Damnit!

Can I switch it back? Haha stupid nfl
                        Sorry I missed, not sure if I should say I'm glad it worked out for you... I hate it when that happens. I've made that mistake a couple times this season ...

On a side note - Ertz will probably be back next week, if anyone is looking for a trade I have 3 great tight ends... I'm finally coming to the conclusion that I will not make the playoffs this year.... would still like to improve my line up enough to win the last couple games.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Sorry I missed, not sure if I should say I'm glad it worked out for you... I hate it when that happens. I've made that mistake a couple times this season ...

On a side note - Ertz will probably be back next week, if anyone is looking for a trade I have 3 great tight ends... I'm finally coming to the conclusion that I will not make the playoffs this year.... would still like to improve my line up enough to win the last couple games.
                          I’m beginning to come to that same conclusion. I really bungled my QB situation this year and barring some miracle (hey it happened last season) I’ll probably end up missing the playoffs for this first time. And my RBs picked a terrible time to go down although I think I did an admirable job scrapping through the waiver wire

Comment

• Like many others, I had to make a number of changes as a result of The Ravens/Steelers game. I won't go into details (cuz it will bore you!), but that one game led to at least a half dozen maneuvers on 2 teams, either player adds or internal shuffles, and they happened over a longer period than usual. And at some pint you just want to move on, rather than overthink things.

I believe some of our best work comes when we have to scramble. It's wonderful when you draft a good team and nothing much goes wrong, but scrambling (due to injuries, under performers and yes, covid this year), including trades and waivers and tough roster decisions, gives some sense of accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Like many others, I had to make a number of changes as a result of The Ravens/Steelers game. I won't go into details (cuz it will bore you!), but that one game led to at least a half dozen maneuvers on 2 teams, either player adds or internal shuffles, and they happened over a longer period than usual. And at some pint you just want to move on, rather than overthink things.

I believe some of our best work comes when we have to scramble. It's wonderful when you draft a good team and nothing much goes wrong, but scrambling (due to injuries, under performers and yes, covid this year), including trades and waivers and tough roster decisions, gives some sense of accomplishment.
                              I think it’s better when you don’t have that perfect team. Sometimes you get complacent when you draft really well and it comes back to bite you. Also when you’re constantly scanning the free agents it forces you to be much more engaged with everything going on around the league. I enjoy it for the most part although I will admit the past 2 seasons I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to be able to watch football and form opinions of other non Bronco players, it’s been pretty much just the Broncos and no other team.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think it’s better when you don’t have that perfect team. Sometimes you get complacent when you draft really well and it comes back to bite you. Also when you’re constantly scanning the free agents it forces you to be much more engaged with everything going on around the league. I enjoy it for the most part although I will admit the past 2 seasons I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to be able to watch football and form opinions of other non Bronco players, it’s been pretty much just the Broncos and no other team.
                                I've won and finished well into the playoffs a number of times, but I think the year I was proudest of was when I started 1 and 4, and wheeled and dealed my way to the playoffs. I did not win that year, but I went from a non entity to a playoff team, mostly because of serious focus on my team and the other teams in that league. But it takes time, and yes, some luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X