DIV IV - Where the pros play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Like many others, I had to make a number of changes as a result of The Ravens/Steelers game. I won't go into details (cuz it will bore you!), but that one game led to at least a half dozen maneuvers on 2 teams, either player adds or internal shuffles, and they happened over a longer period than usual. And at some pint you just want to move on, rather than overthink things.

I believe some of our best work comes when we have to scramble. It's wonderful when you draft a good team and nothing much goes wrong, but scrambling (due to injuries, under performers and yes, covid this year), including trades and waivers and tough roster decisions, gives some sense of accomplishment.
    It usually takes some "pints" for me too.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

It usually takes some "pints" for me too.
      Freudian!!!!

Comment

I've won and finished well into the playoffs a number of times, but I think the year I was proudest of was when I started 1 and 4, and wheeled and dealed my way to the playoffs. I did not win that year, but I went from a non entity to a playoff team, mostly because of serious focus on my team and the other teams in that league. But it takes time, and yes, some luck.
        I can relate this year even if there is still 2 weeks til playoffs, I am proud I rebounded from 1-3 to now 8-4 and I say this because I had absolutely nothing at running back due to auto draft since something locked up on me and I didn't get to draft anything.

Hell it didn't pick a running back for me until round 3 while everyone sucked up all the backs and I was left with nothing, so yeah I feel good about beating most of y'all
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I’m beginning to come to that same conclusion. I really bungled my QB situation this year and barring some miracle (hey it happened last season) I’ll probably end up missing the playoffs for this first time. And my RBs picked a terrible time to go down although I think I did an admirable job scrapping through the waiver wire
          lol, yes I'm used to seeing you in it every year. I'm used to missing the playoffs in this league, since everyone here knows what they're doing. I'm not used to being so low on the totem poll though.
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

lol, yes I'm used to seeing you in it every year. I'm used to missing the playoffs in this league, since everyone here knows what they're doing. I'm not used to being so low on the totem poll though.
            Just remember J, you're still dangerous!!

Comment

Just remember J, you're still dangerous!!
              Still hoping to ruin someone's chances at least
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers

Comment

• the only thing that makes me feel better about my awful team and the ass-kicking you all put on me is this.....

I'm just wrecking my money league this year. you guys should be jealous that you are not in this league, only like 3 maybe 4 of those guys know what the hell they are doing.

only an 8 man league but I was able to draft both derek henry and dalvin cook if that tells you anything.
                sigpic

Comment

• I am willing to trade Drew Brees for a RB. He could be an asset for the playoffs.
                  sigpic

Comment

• My Team Finally Crashed and Burned LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      the only thing that makes me feel better about my awful team and the ass-kicking you all put on me is this.....

I'm just wrecking my money league this year. you guys should be jealous that you are not in this league, only like 3 maybe 4 of those guys know what the hell they are doing.

only an 8 man league but I was able to draft both derek henry and dalvin cook if that tells you anything.
                      One of the money leagues I used to play in was like that. I loved it, it was fun taking their money....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

One of the money leagues I used to play in was like that. I loved it, it was fun taking their money....
                        what happened to it? tell them i'll join next season!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post

what happened to it? tell them i'll join next season!
                          all co-worker peeps who I don't work with anymore..

this year I suck in both leagues that I played in... I look like I've never played before with my huge losing streaks I have going ...
                          Last edited by Sophia23; 12-10-2020, 04:54 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• How good was that....on December 7th, 2003, Denver Bronco Clinton Portis had a fantasy score of 57.4, in a 45-27 victory over KC. It was comprised of 218 yards rushing, 5 TDs, along with 2 receptions for 36 yards.

What a game!!!

Comment

• Last game before the playoffs. I have to admit I am rooting for a Canadian to win today just so I don't have to, to make the playoffs... Eh? wait a minute, I can't do that, I am just going to have to win my match up and secure a spot in the playoffs. This has been a different/weird year, I don't think I have ever started so many rookies AND been a success, for the most part.
                              Good luck everyone ... except for Bodega Belichick; what does that team name mean? Convenience store belichick? Is that what the cashiers look like? Or maybe the guy stocking the shelves?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thank You all for letting me play in your awesome League I would like to be back next year if You all have a Spot for me You all Rock !!

Comment

Working...
                                X