• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taz1458
    Former DTBCPEC Commish
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Looks like everyone on wait list has had a response from one of us here. Unless I see more people added there - I've taken to other methods to find a replacement.

I noticed this on NFL.com - New for 2020! We've updated our default league settings. All NFL-Managed leagues and all newly created custom leagues will include 3 Reserve roster slots.

Ours did not change, since we're an established league, but this makes sense that we should include 3 reserve slots with all up in the air this year. Should I go ahead and switch to keep up with the default settings for the new custom leagues?
    I'm going to say yes. Odds are almost all of us are going to be affected by someone opting out at some point.
    2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

• baphamet
      Family Trust Beer
      • Nov 2006

yes i like multiple "IR" slots and wouldn't be opposed to an additional bench slot or two either.

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

I agree with the default to reserve 3 slots. I believe these are covid related only, or perhaps I got it wrong. There are FF sites that reserve for IR, maybe even injury. But I think we can only use for players who are impacted by covid 19. Did I get that right?.

Comment

• Sophia23
          RIP #88
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I agree with the default to reserve 3 slots. I believe these are covid related only, or perhaps I got it wrong. There are FF sites that reserve for IR, maybe even injury. But I think we can only use for players who are impacted by covid 19. Did I get that right?.
          On ours I just need to update it from 0 to 3 - it doesn't have to be covid-19 related.

Just saw you changed your name, Baph...
          Last edited by Sophia23; 08-20-2020, 05:35 PM.
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

On ours I just need to update it from 0 to 3 - it doesn't have to be covid-19 related.

Just saw you changed your name, Baph...
            do we know the time of the drafty yet? I was talked into doing one of my money leagues that's Monday night. if ours is also Monday night I might have to auto draft or try and pay attention when I can.

Comment

• Sophia23
              RIP #88
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              do we know the time of the drafty yet? I was talked into doing one of my money leagues that's Monday night. if ours is also Monday night I might have to auto draft or try and pay attention when I can.
              Not yet, still thinking Monday or Tuesday night to get as close to kickoff as we can. I need to get it set up, but have not confirmed a 12th player yet. Haven't heard from MarkB, but haven't removed him until I find a replacement for the spot. Been sending out pm's to people I think might be interested, but still looking. I think if I set the draft time and end up changing out a team, that it will cancel it when I do, but I might be wrong.

If anyone can think of someone on the boards who might be interested in filling a spot, and is not on one of the other two divisions - let me know and I'll try them, as it may be someone I haven't thought of.
              sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                Family Trust Beer
                • Nov 2006

Not yet, still thinking Monday or Tuesday night to get as close to kickoff as we can. I need to get it set up, but have not confirmed a 12th player yet. Haven't heard from MarkB, but haven't removed him until I find a replacement for the spot. Been sending out pm's to people I think might be interested, but still looking. I think if I set the draft time and end up changing out a team, that it will cancel it when I do, but I might be wrong.

If anyone can think of someone on the boards who might be interested in filling a spot, and is not on one of the other two divisions - let me know and I'll try them, as it may be someone I haven't thought of.
                hopefully Tuesday then lol

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

I like Tuesday, September 8th, but my other league has committed to 8:30 ET. Can we start at 7 ET at the latest? Or 10 ET if later works?

Comment

• Sophia23
                    RIP #88
                    • Sep 2012

Looks like we miss playing with MarkB this year, have enjoyed having him in the league since we started this league. Thank you, Shiz, for joining us this year, had fun playing with you in the past!

Time to figure out draft times and get that set.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Shiz
                      All-Pro
                      • Feb 2008

Thanks for reaching out and extending an invite back into the league!
                      sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                        Thanks for reaching out and extending an invite back into the league!
                        Good stuff!!!!

:thumb:

Comment

• Sophia23
                          RIP #88
                          • Sep 2012

So based on the majority of the feedback I've received and a couple requests that have suggested later if doing Tuesday, I tentatively set the draft date and time to Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 10PM EDT. It's not set in stone, so let me know if that doesn't work for you or if there are preference for different date and time. I try to make work for as many as possible. I added three reserve slots based on previous feedback from those that replied. If you all are interested in other changes - let me know and I'll run it by everyone for a vote.

Draft will be random snake draft - if all goes as planned ... hoping NFL.com draft has no issues this year, but intend to randomize it early once we are are definite on draft date and I'll post the draft order here, so people know in advance where they fall.

*** So I've already got a request for 1030P EDT -
                          let me know if that is better - know we have some on east coast here...
                          Last edited by Sophia23; 08-28-2020, 05:50 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Shiz
                            All-Pro
                            • Feb 2008

I’m good with September 8 from 10PM EDT and anytime after.
                            sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                              Family Trust Beer
                              • Nov 2006

So based on the majority of the feedback I've received and a couple requests that have suggested later if doing Tuesday, I tentatively set the draft date and time to Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 10PM EDT. It's not set in stone, so let me know if that doesn't work for you or if there are preference for different date and time. I try to make work for as many as possible. I added three reserve slots based on previous feedback from those that replied. If you all are interested in other changes - let me know and I'll run it by everyone for a vote.

Draft will be random snake draft - if all goes as planned ... hoping NFL.com draft has no issues this year, but intend to randomize it early once we are are definite on draft date and I'll post the draft order here, so people know in advance where they fall.

*** So I've already got a request for 1030P EDT -
                              let me know if that is better - know we have some on east coast here...
                              awesome sauce! I'm good on any time Tuesday evening and posting the draft order here early is a great idea! :clap:

Comment

• Sophia23
                                RIP #88
                                • Sep 2012

Draft is tentatively set Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 10PM EDT. I have a request that really prefers 1030PM EDT. I know several have said anytime is good, or have said either option works Tuesday works - just going to PM those who I don't see on the thread much, and will go with whatever the majority response is I receive by Thursday. Have had some requests to post the draft order early, so will do that once we finalize draft date and time.

My thoughts with going later on Tuesday - we are very close to kickoff at that point if there is an issue with draft, it either moves to even later that day usually by an hour or moving to Wednesday, the last day to draft. It's been about 50/50 for how many times draft hasn't worked on NFL site over the last few years. Maybe it will work great this year... just trying to take that into consideration from the past.

Second request is that we change PPR from 1 pt to .5 pt. I prefer 1 pt myself and that is what we currently have . If majority response I get is to lower it to .5 - I'll change, otherwise we will leave as is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X