X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

lol, yes I'm used to seeing you in it every year. I'm used to missing the playoffs in this league, since everyone here knows what they're doing. I'm not used to being so low on the totem poll though.
    Just remember J, you're still dangerous!!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I’m beginning to come to that same conclusion. I really bungled my QB situation this year and barring some miracle (hey it happened last season) I’ll probably end up missing the playoffs for this first time. And my RBs picked a terrible time to go down although I think I did an admirable job scrapping through the waiver wire
    lol, yes I'm used to seeing you in it every year. I'm used to missing the playoffs in this league, since everyone here knows what they're doing. I'm not used to being so low on the totem poll though.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I've won and finished well into the playoffs a number of times, but I think the year I was proudest of was when I started 1 and 4, and wheeled and dealed my way to the playoffs. I did not win that year, but I went from a non entity to a playoff team, mostly because of serious focus on my team and the other teams in that league. But it takes time, and yes, some luck.
    I can relate this year even if there is still 2 weeks til playoffs, I am proud I rebounded from 1-3 to now 8-4 and I say this because I had absolutely nothing at running back due to auto draft since something locked up on me and I didn't get to draft anything.

Hell it didn't pick a running back for me until round 3 while everyone sucked up all the backs and I was left with nothing, so yeah I feel good about beating most of y'all

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

It usually takes some "pints" for me too.
    Freudian!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Like many others, I had to make a number of changes as a result of The Ravens/Steelers game. I won't go into details (cuz it will bore you!), but that one game led to at least a half dozen maneuvers on 2 teams, either player adds or internal shuffles, and they happened over a longer period than usual. And at some pint you just want to move on, rather than overthink things.

I believe some of our best work comes when we have to scramble. It's wonderful when you draft a good team and nothing much goes wrong, but scrambling (due to injuries, under performers and yes, covid this year), including trades and waivers and tough roster decisions, gives some sense of accomplishment.
    It usually takes some "pints" for me too.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think it’s better when you don’t have that perfect team. Sometimes you get complacent when you draft really well and it comes back to bite you. Also when you’re constantly scanning the free agents it forces you to be much more engaged with everything going on around the league. I enjoy it for the most part although I will admit the past 2 seasons I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to be able to watch football and form opinions of other non Bronco players, it’s been pretty much just the Broncos and no other team.
    I've won and finished well into the playoffs a number of times, but I think the year I was proudest of was when I started 1 and 4, and wheeled and dealed my way to the playoffs. I did not win that year, but I went from a non entity to a playoff team, mostly because of serious focus on my team and the other teams in that league. But it takes time, and yes, some luck.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Like many others, I had to make a number of changes as a result of The Ravens/Steelers game. I won't go into details (cuz it will bore you!), but that one game led to at least a half dozen maneuvers on 2 teams, either player adds or internal shuffles, and they happened over a longer period than usual. And at some pint you just want to move on, rather than overthink things.

I believe some of our best work comes when we have to scramble. It's wonderful when you draft a good team and nothing much goes wrong, but scrambling (due to injuries, under performers and yes, covid this year), including trades and waivers and tough roster decisions, gives some sense of accomplishment.
    I think it’s better when you don’t have that perfect team. Sometimes you get complacent when you draft really well and it comes back to bite you. Also when you’re constantly scanning the free agents it forces you to be much more engaged with everything going on around the league. I enjoy it for the most part although I will admit the past 2 seasons I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to be able to watch football and form opinions of other non Bronco players, it’s been pretty much just the Broncos and no other team.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied

Sorry I missed, not sure if I should say I'm glad it worked out for you... I hate it when that happens. I've made that mistake a couple times this season ...

On a side note - Ertz will probably be back next week, if anyone is looking for a trade I have 3 great tight ends... I'm finally coming to the conclusion that I will not make the playoffs this year.... would still like to improve my line up enough to win the last couple games.
    I’m beginning to come to that same conclusion. I really bungled my QB situation this year and barring some miracle (hey it happened last season) I’ll probably end up missing the playoffs for this first time. And my RBs picked a terrible time to go down although I think I did an admirable job scrapping through the waiver wire

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Guess I jumped the gun switching out ebron because it's going to cost me the win, but I didn't want to chance that game getting cancelled.

Damnit!

Can I switch it back? Haha stupid nfl
    Sorry I missed, not sure if I should say I'm glad it worked out for you... I hate it when that happens. I've made that mistake a couple times this season ...

On a side note - Ertz will probably be back next week, if anyone is looking for a trade I have 3 great tight ends... I'm finally coming to the conclusion that I will not make the playoffs this year.... would still like to improve my line up enough to win the last couple games.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Guess I jumped the gun switching out ebron because it's going to cost me the win, but I didn't want to chance that game getting cancelled.

Damnit!

Can I switch it back? Haha stupid nfl
    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 11-30-2020, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Nevermind, I was able to drop a player to add the tight end from the eagles

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Any way I could move the ravens defense to the covid slot in order to pickup a tight end for tonight? Supposed to have ebron for the Steelers but that game keeps getting moved

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Anyone starting Hinton today lol

He’ll probably end up catching a pass or two today and this is a Ppr league...

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Yes, I like the idea of keeping going forward. I also like the idea of quicker process with trades in future seasons.
    Yes and yes!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X