Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    At the time Brown was at LT for the Patriots before signing with the Raiders so despite playing RT the majority of his career James was given that title on a technicality.
    I guess that might add some clarity for the distinction in highest paid lineman, and RT
    sigpic

Comment

• How about we all just agree to "James is one of the highest paid RTs" in the game.

And IMO a waste of money that the Broncos are now stuck with for the next two years unless they take a pretty big dead cap hit. Not like they can get any assets back, he is untradeable.

We can only hope he can find a way to return healthy and mentally ready to prove himself after two years of disappointment. Becuase with the contract the way it is, the Broncos are likely going to have to start him at RT next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        How about we all just agree to "James is one of the highest paid RTs" in the game.

And IMO a waste of money that the Broncos are now stuck with for the next two years unless they take a pretty big dead cap hit. Not like they can get any assets back, he is untradeable.

We can only hope he can find a way to return healthy and mentally ready to prove himself after two years of disappointment. Becuase with the contract the way it is, the Broncos are likely going to have to start him at RT next year.
        Well that’s just boring... haha.

And ya... we are stuck with him..
        sigpic

Comment

• I think we can all agree HE'S A BUM, until proven otherwise.
          He got paid millions of dollars, to do absolutely Nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            Well that’s just boring... haha.

And ya... we are stuck with him..
            Nonsense, spilt milk DRAFT SOME TACKLES and cut him him. It is what it is and he is a colassal waste of money. Get him off this team and out of this locker room.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I posted this in the Demar Dotson thread but I guess it goes here too:

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              I am still not seeing contract details on this signing. But his last year for the Bucs he made about $4.8 MIL including a prorated bonus. So they might have been able to cover it with the money saved on Heuerman. Which would mean they could rollover James' money into next year and get James at, essentially, no cap hit for the year. Or cut him and take the hit with no worries.
              If all $13 MIL can be rolled over wouldn't we be getting this leeway?

Comment

• To be clear I was playing with the table they have set up at the Over The Cap website and when I punched in James as a post June 1st cut he came up as $13 MIL dead money with no cap savings. So that's why I was thinking the $13 MIL rollover would erase him from our cap if cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  Nonsense, spilt milk DRAFT SOME TACKLES and cut him him. It is what it is and he is a colassal waste of money. Get him off this team and out of this locker room.
                  In order to get the least expensive long-term starters, drafting is probably the best approach.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                  X