Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    I wonder how many more before Wednesday? Fortunately Colorado isn't a red zone state, so hopefully players feel comfortable enough. I also wonder if James qualified as high risk.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosIsLife
    replied
    This is beyond comedy with this dude. Just...I can't...this is like Sam Bradford levels of fleecing a team...lol.....

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'll answer my own question, found this......

The agreement between the NFL and NFLPA includes a two-tiered opt out for players. One opt out is a medical designation for high-risk players, and another is voluntary, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports.

Players have until Aug. 3 to opt out.

"The opt out is irrevocable, and players in either plan will receive a stipend. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that those NFL players considered high risk to COVID-19 can earn $350,000 and an accrued NFL season if choose to opt out of the 2020 season. Players without risk can earn $150,000 for opt-out with no accrued season."
    The money is paid back the next year though. So if he were on the Broncos next year (seems doubtful at this point) then his salary would be his 2020 salary (the contract pauses this year and it starts where it was paused next season) minus the $150,000 or $350,000 that he was paid this year.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    at least we get that salary cap out a bit, not having to pay him and seeing if we have a new RT on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Seriously?!?! What a crock!! Dude gets paid a fortune and only plays like 3 games in 2 years. Should of just cut or traded him. How do these opt out contracts work? Do they get paid to not play?
    I'll answer my own question, found this......

The agreement between the NFL and NFLPA includes a two-tiered opt out for players. One opt out is a medical designation for high-risk players, and another is voluntary, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports.

Players have until Aug. 3 to opt out.

"The opt out is irrevocable, and players in either plan will receive a stipend. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that those NFL players considered high risk to COVID-19 can earn $350,000 and an accrued NFL season if choose to opt out of the 2020 season. Players without risk can earn $150,000 for opt-out with no accrued season."

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Seriously?!?! What a crock!! Dude gets paid a fortune and only plays like 3 games in 2 years. Should of just cut or traded him. How do these opt out contracts work? Do they get paid to not play?

Leave a comment:

• JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Working...
X