Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Trying really hard to be understanding of his decision. But it is really tough to do so. Looking at most of the responses it looks like most share the emotions.

James has been a complete failure of a signing and not because of any "false narrative". After two teams now, it is time to realize he is one of those players looking for a reason not to play instead of looking for one to get back out there. And cutting him (buy out) will suck because it comes with a $6M dead cap cost.

Decision is made. Wish him and his family luck.

On to the problem at hand. How do they replace him? Free agent cupboard is barren, even for a backup let alone a starter. Trade? Does anyone know if his cap money is now usable for the season? Having his $13M would be helpful.
    Yes. His contract is paused and disappears from the salary cap. Next year his contract will reappear and it will start again with his 2020 figures.

Comment

so sick of this guy
      Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
        This is beyond comedy with this dude. Just...I can't...this is like Sam Bradford levels of fleecing a team...lol.....
        Yeah. Safe to say James will never live up to that ridiculous contract. I could see the FO manning up and cutting him later on.

Who is out there as FA players go? Pretty sure Donald Penn is still a free agent. Stopgap RT??

Comment

He needs to opt out of his contract altogether and take his sorry butt to the crib
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
            By far the worst free agent signing of the Elway era with no way out. I am a Bronco fan for the last 25 yrs, but this hurts and will hurt till he is gone. His former coach ( Vic F) vouched for him, Elway bit and now this. Just negotiate the best settlement you can and say by. 3 games with 27 million guaranteed is about 9 million a game from someone who knows how to game the nfl. Find a way to buy him out as he WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN OF FOOTBALL & is not getting younger or better sitting on a couch. WOW! Try Risner at RT along with others and wait for camp cuts he will never play a down for Denver.
            Dalton (aka "Route 66") was First Team All-Conference Right Tackle his last three years at K-State and All-American his last year. The starting O-Line will be the best five shuffled to their best spots. If Dalton vacated Left Guard, there is plenty of interior depth to step in. Schlottmann and Morris have some experience. Wilkinson and Muti are not available at the moment. Time will tell about them.

Think I'd rather see Dalton at RT before Wilkinson, Rodgers or Anderson, but that's just me.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I have a funny feeling that J.James took as long as he did to opt out as he and his wife likely knew that it could mean the end of him here in Denver. What was and should be of note for many here is that in the letter he called out that he spent time and money to get his body right before the season to have a "bounce-back year". At the end of the day though as he stated he just had a newborn in May. After seeing what baseball has had happen I honestly cannot blame him. I wish him and his family the best. Now if we are going to be fair here it would be in OUR best interest to look at all of the OT's we have and see if there is a James replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Yeah. Safe to say James will never live up to that ridiculous contract. I could see the FO manning up and cutting him later on.

Who is out there as FA players go? Pretty sure Donald Penn is still a free agent. Stopgap RT??
                Cordy Glenn, Greg Robinson, Demar Dotson, Jared Veldheer, Donald Penn, LeAdrian Waddle, Jordan Mills J'Marcus Webb, Marshall Newhouse.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I like this move because I never expected him to play either way, Covid or no Covid.

At least now it forces John Elway’s hand to go out and find us a real right tackle. It is Elway’s fault in my opinion, serves him right for grossly over paying for James and then Ignoring the position in the draft.

Mad props to Juwann James right now, he had to take himself out because Elway is far too stubborn to do so!
                  sigpic

Comment

Whatever, he opted out of last year too. Did anyone actually feel we could count on him for a year even without the pandemic?

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                      Whatever, he opted out of last year too. Did anyone actually feel we could count on him for a year even without the pandemic?
                      My point exactly!

However I still don’t blame him, I blame John Elway for having so much faith in such a player with a horrible reputation. Adam Gase has to be laughing his ass off right now
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        Trying really hard to be understanding of his decision. But it is really tough to do so. Looking at most of the responses it looks like most share the emotions.

James has been a complete failure of a signing and not because of any "false narrative". After two teams now, it is time to realize he is one of those players looking for a reason not to play instead of looking for one to get back out there. And cutting him (buy out) will suck because it comes with a $6M dead cap cost.

Decision is made. Wish him and his family luck.

On to the problem at hand. How do they replace him? Free agent cupboard is barren, even for a backup let alone a starter. Trade? Does anyone know if his cap money is now usable for the season? Having his $13M would be helpful.
                        My Sediment Exactly Unreal .

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                          His former coach ( Vic F) vouched for him, Elway bit and now this.
                          Huh? Vic never vouched for him, what are you talking about

Comment

Perhaps the smart move now would be to go out and sign Logan Ryan.

I know I know, so much money dedicated to defense isn’t fair but we know Elway isn’t going out and breaking the bank for Cordy Glen or Jared Veldheer.
                            sigpic

Comment

I should have seen this coming. He is the definition of an 'opt-out' player. smh.

When players opt-out there are some comments around the net about how much respect we should give them, pfffff.... respect for what ? Sitting on their butts for a year when they haven't played for months while everyone else carries on with life and goes to work. I respect the players who get on with life, not ones driven by fear, they look pathetic and lazy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                My point exactly!

However I still don’t blame him, I blame John Elway for having so much faith in such a player with a horrible reputation. Adam Gase has to be laughing his ass off right now

Ah, yeah.. sorry I wasn't replying to your post, although rereading it kinda seemed that way, just making a statement in general. I don't blame any player for opting out, and I'd consider it myself if I was a player. I mean I've opted out of going into the office for the last 5 months in order to protect my health and football players can't work from home.

This one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it's pretty apparent this guy isn't really interested in playing. So did he really opt out because of COVID or does he just not want to play?

Comment

Working...
                                X