Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Cordy Glenn, Greg Robinson, Demar Dotson, Jared Veldheer, Donald Penn, LeAdrian Waddle, Jordan Mills J'Marcus Webb, Marshall Newhouse.
    His days in the NFL are likely done. In February he was arrested in Texas with 156.9 pounds of weed in his car. He's facing up to 20 years in prison.

Comment

This is somewhat promising I still say web sign Glen or Veldheer cheap and go get Logan Ryan with our new cap space

Comment

I think James is one of the few players whose motives for opting out deserve to be questioned.

He’s known for milking injuries.

His love of the game is questionable.

Hopefully the Broncos have someone ready to step in. It’s not like they should have counted on James to stay healthy in the first place.
        You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Yes. His contract is paused and disappears from the salary cap. Next year his contract will reappear and it will start again with his 2020 figures.
          Thanks. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
            I can understand the COVID side of things, but just because it's THIS GUY, I just can't help but look side eyed at him, ya know?
            Agreed. When I saw the thread, I was like “of course he did”. Can’t fault the guy considering the state of things, but it just figured.
            sigpic

Comment

Doesnt he opt out every year lol. How many players will opt out if they're on a bubble to make the roster.

Comment

Dalton (aka "Route 66") was First Team All-Conference Right Tackle his last three years at K-State and All-American his last year. The starting O-Line will be the best five shuffled to their best spots. If Dalton vacated Left Guard, there is plenty of interior depth to step in. Schlottmann and Morris have some experience. Wilkinson and Muti are not available at the moment. Time will tell about them.

Think I'd rather see Dalton at RT before Wilkinson, Rodgers or Anderson, but that's just me.
                Yeah. Risner at RT has to merit some serious consideration. I don't know what the process is for someone getting activated from the PUP or NFI list. I see that multiple sources have now reported that both of these guys have since been activated. It would be pretty amazing if losing James ended up making our line better.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, the money they get this year is an advance that gets paid back next season.

If a player doesn’t make the team next year, is he going to have to give the money back?

I would imagine that most teams would just let it slide, but what happens when a team doesn’t let slide?
                  You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                    By far the worst free agent signing of the Elway era with no way out. I am a Bronco fan for the last 25 yrs, but this hurts and will hurt till he is gone. His former coach ( Vic F) vouched for him, Elway bit and now this. Just negotiate the best settlement you can and say by. 3 games with 27 million guaranteed is about 9 million a game from someone who knows how to game the nfl. Find a way to buy him out as he WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN OF FOOTBALL & is not getting younger or better sitting on a couch. WOW! Try Risner at RT along with others and wait for camp cuts he will never play a down for Denver.
                    Since James came from Miami, you must be thinking of Chris Kuper.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

His days in the NFL are likely done. In February he was arrested in Texas with 156.9 pounds of weed in his car. He's facing up to 20 years in prison.
                      That's a lot of weed.

Comment

Dalton (aka "Route 66") was First Team All-Conference Right Tackle his last three years at K-State and All-American his last year. The starting O-Line will be the best five shuffled to their best spots. If Dalton vacated Left Guard, there is plenty of interior depth to step in. Schlottmann and Morris have some experience. Wilkinson and Muti are not available at the moment. Time will tell about them.

Think I'd rather see Dalton at RT before Wilkinson, Rodgers or Anderson, but that's just me.
                        I'm in your camp. Give the kid a shot - he's an upgrade over current and recent past [airquotes] talent [/airquotes].

Comment

I don't understand, was he gardening or landscaping during the offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                            Yeah. Risner at RT has to merit some serious consideration. I don't know what the process is for someone getting activated from the PUP or NFI list. I see that multiple sources have now reported that both of these guys have since been activated. It would be pretty amazing if losing James ended up making our line better.
                            They could still sign a veteran FA RT. If Glenn, Veldheer or Penn have anything left, one of them might get the job done at RT. Glenn is 30 and has 95 starts in eight years;
                            Veldheer is 33 and has 113 starts in ten years including twelve for Denver in 2018; Penn is 37 and has 189 starts in thirteen years. Glenn and Penn have only played on the left, I believe, while Veldheer has played both sides.

Good to hear Wilkinson and Muti are active. They seem to like Wilkinson as a Swing Tackle. I think they want to avoid having two rookies next to each other in the event Dalton moves to RT. I'm sure Denver's FO is exploring what it will take to part ways with James and how much it will cost. Hope they can get a veteran FA to play RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              I'm in your camp. Give the kid a shot - he's an upgrade over current and recent past [airquotes] talent [/airquotes].
                              Right, but the issue there is who the five are. If Muti ends up in the five and "Route 66" is at RT, that would put two rookies side-by-side which isn't optimal. On the other hand, if Muti stays healthy, he will eventually start because the guy is a pancake machine who plays a physical, hard-hitting style regardless of whether it's run or pass. The best option IMO is to sign a veteran FA to play RT. We have no preseason games to watch in order to see if Calvin Anderson is a possibility and if Wilkinson is really suited to play outside. However, I trust Mike Munchak's judgement.

Comment

Meh. I'm not gunna trash the guy, because I don't know the guy or his situation. It is what it is...

Comment

Working...
                                X