JaWuan James has opted out per source. Broncos lose RT for year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AussieBronco76
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    "Dishonor on you , dishonor on your whole family and dishonor on your cow " 😆 lol
    Yeah especially the cow.LOL

Comment

• dizzolve
      Orange Rush
      • Mar 2009

I think every player has the right to opt out yes.

That doesn't mean the guy isn't soft though
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Hadez
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        I think every player has the right to opt out yes.

That doesn't mean the guy isn't soft though
        the NFL and the players have negotiated a system in which players can opt out and still get a six figure paycheck. That is business.

If anyone is calling James soft it is probably because of what he has done before this option was available imo
        What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
        effort x talent = skill
        effort x skill = achievement
        How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Hadez
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          Well I'd argue that he had an entire off-season to "do something". So in some respects he's already show us his approach. The RT spot hasn't had a good player since Franklin and in the SB we went against the worst match up for him in 2013. No one else has really been able to set that right edge since.

Now the question is do we believe that with a RT that we can be special and pick outside the top 13 to 15. If that is the case looking to trade for a stellar RT may infact be the way to go. A good one will cost a 1st at least.
          I really would not mind getting the high level OT that would cost a 1st. That is how we built our back to back Super Bowl winning OL...with trades of Zim and T-Bone.

There also may be OTs available who are better than what we have and may be available for less than a 1st.

We do need to keep in mind that James is still under contract in 2021...but Bolles is a free agent. We have the flexibility we need to do a lot of different things.

Just need to find a dance partner.
          What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
          effort x talent = skill
          effort x skill = achievement
          How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Champ>NFL
            All-Pro
            • Mar 2005

Can someone tell me WHAT James did to piss off Broncos Country?
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• FR Tim
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
              If you don’t know the man’s track record in Miami and Denver, why are you so adamantly defending him?

Is that you JaWaun? Lol

It is simple, he has every right to make the choice to sit out the season within the rules and as fans we have the right to be disappointed in his decision.

Comment

• EddieMac
                Canuck Mod, eh!
                • Feb 2004

Nothing major...just get to be the highest paid RT....and then plays 10 snaps until week 8, then 22 I believe....

Ya he milks injuries...
                sigpic

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                  All-Pro
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  Nothing major...just get to be the highest paid RT....and then plays 10 snaps until week 8, then 22 I believe....

Ya he milks injuries...
                  Ok, how do you know he’s milking an injury?

What’s your proof?
                  -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• broncolee
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2007

Ok, how do you know he’s milking an injury?

What’s your proof?
                    That’s his reputation.

This time it’s not about an injury, but another excuse to not play football.

He deserves to have his motives questioned.
                    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                      All-Pro
                      • Mar 2005

Ya he milks injuries...
                      Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      That’s his reputation.

This time it’s not about an injury, but another excuse to not play football.

He deserves to have his motives questioned.
                      What’s your proof he wasn’t injured?
                      -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• Peerless
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2004

I guess we as football fans don't have proof. But to answer your question - as stated earlier, he was signed as the highest paid RT at the time and has played in a handful of games. It's certainly not hard to grasp why Broncos County is sour on him....

His decision to not play this season due to Covid concerns is very reasonable - but it's still adding salt into the wound of the lack of return for what we've paid for.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2004

He was medically cleared by the medical staff last season which was reported on the tube and on the radio. He chose to sit out, hence why coach Fangio called him out.

He’s soft!
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-06-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                            All-Pro
                            • Mar 2005

Ya he milks injuries...
                            Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            I guess we as football fans don't have proof. But to answer your question - as stated earlier, he was signed as the highest paid RT at the time and has played in a handful of games. It's certainly not hard to grasp why Broncos County is sour on him....

His decision to not play this season due to Covid concerns is very reasonable - but it's still adding salt into the wound of the lack of return for what we've paid for.
                            He was injured, dude. You can’t be upset a player didn’t play because they were injured.

And you’re questioning him over Covid, that’s ridiculous.
                            -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                              All-Pro
                              • Mar 2005

Ya he milks injuries...
                              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              He was medically cleared by the medical staff last season which was report on the tube and on the radio. He chose to sit out, hence why coach Fangio called him out.

He’s soft!
                              He tried playing multiple times but his knee didn’t feel right. How is they acting soft?

He even came back and played in meaningless games.
                              -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• Sam_Z
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2004

He tried playing multiple times but his knee didn’t feel right. How is they acting soft?

He even came back and played in meaningless games.
                                He was medically cleared.

Garret Bolles played through an entire season with a torn ligament three seasons ago, Bradley Chubb finished a game with a torn ACL last season.
                                Al Wilson played on a broken foot once.
                                Jim Plunket QB’ed a game with a broken finger on his throwing hand!

Again James was medically cleared.

When Juwann James gets his degree in medical science, I’ll believe him but for now it sounds as if he was playing sick, playing hooky and very soft!
                                Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-06-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X