• Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    It's contagious.
    Yea apparently I got it

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Unfounded? I'm just a physician who has treated COVID patients. Apparently some of us like football. Yeah, the studies aren't there, but I have no doubt that high-ranking officials are doing just this.
    Are you talking about using plasma from recovered Covid-19 people as a treatment? It is happening and that news was going around in May.

Do not even get me started on the studies....just know that science takes a while to happen. Longer than the world as a whole has known Covid-19. Until then all of our decisions are being based on the best we can do at this time.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Unfounded? I'm just a physician who has treated COVID patients. Apparently some of us like football. Yeah, the studies aren't there, but I have no doubt that high-ranking officials are doing just this.
    Good to know, especially if I am looking for (free???) online medical advice!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Must Covid talk get into so many threads? You now we have a thread just for Covid talk....

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...3-Corona-virus
    It's contagious.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Must Covid talk get into so many threads? You now we have a thread just for Covid talk....

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...3-Corona-virus

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Theres no good reason. America seems really reluctant to get on with life compared to other countries around the world.
    There's a very good reason for America being reluctant. Most of the other countries have done a MUCH BETTER job of keeping the virus in check and enforcing the vital do's and don'ts to minimize new infections. America failed to follow the advice from the medical experts and we are paying the price but it appears America finally understands and is responding as necessary through trial and error and with fingers crossed on both hands.

Leave a comment:

• Skylan
    replied
    You just made the point for me... unfounded ... lacking proof.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    touchee

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    There are billions to be made...or lost...in playing NFL games. You can bet the season will start...and probably finish.

There is a reason lots of large companies whose products are non-essential items have not closed one day in 2020.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-21-2020, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CheyennePress
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylan View Post
    Lol. You should totally present your plan to the NFL. I'm sure they're looking for unfounded message board medical care advice.
    Last edited by CheyennePress; 08-21-2020, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Skylan
    replied
    If I were running a NFL team, I'd be giving away season tickets to a select group of volunteers who had COVID and are willing to regularly donate convalescent serum. My starters would be getting infused with that serum every 2-weeks. Afterall, the team who keeps its starters on the field is the team likely to win.
    Lol. You should totally present your plan to the NFL. I'm sure they're looking for unfounded message board medical care advice.

Leave a comment:

• CheyennePress
    replied
    If I were running a NFL team, I'd be giving away season tickets to a select group of volunteers who had COVID and are willing to regularly donate convalescent serum. My starters would be getting infused with that serum every 2-weeks. Afterall, the team who keeps its starters on the field is the team likely to win.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Theres no good reason. America seems really reluctant to get on with life compared to other countries around the world.
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I don't see why young healthy men could not play, and I don't see any reason that you couldn't do like European Football (Sorry Soccer) leagues where you massively limit spectators.

Many players play with visors anyway, so maybe a mandate that anyone but the QB and the kicker needs to wear visors might be the way to go.

Young athletes are in the extreme low risk group for complications from Covid-19, so it is more about protecting the surroundings.

The show will go on!
    Instead of telling other people what risks they should and shouldn't take, why not spend just a little time thinking about ways to make it as safe for them as possible? That's the hard part.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I don't see why young healthy men could not play, and I don't see any reason that you couldn't do like European Football (Sorry Soccer) leagues where you massively limit spectators.

Many players play with visors anyway, so maybe a mandate that anyone but the QB and the kicker needs to wear visors might be the way to go.

Young athletes are in the extreme low risk group for complications from Covid-19, so it is more about protecting the surroundings.

The show will go on!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied

The show will go on!

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Those are good points. I think the best strategy is to copy what the NBA and NHL are doing. They haven't had a single positive test for COVID and are probably the safest place to be in the USA right now. Something like this could work as a worse case scenario...

Put each division in separate bubbles. For example the AFC W could all be in a bubble in Las Vegas. Have each team play the others twice. That's 6 games. We'll probably need a good tie breaker. You could shake up the 4 teams with other non-division teams again for a total of 12 games.

Take each division champ and put them all in a playoff bubble, single elimination through the Super Bowl.

Testing and isolating players is proving to work and this really minimizes the risk.
    I think the bubble would have a better chance to succeed but I read they're adamant about not doin that.

divisional bubbles could work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X