Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RT Demar Dotson signed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Samparnell
    You need to clarify your statements. "We may have had a better tackle on the roster ... "? Who was a better Tackle on the roster last year who should have started instead of Garrett Bolles?

    You say Wilkinson did not play as well as Bolles, but it isn't about that? What does that mean? If you think there was a better Tackle, name him.
    My point exactly, who? We’ll never know because nobody was given that chance when someone continuously makes the executive decision to march Garret Bolles out there every week. We could had given any other understudy on the roster or brought in any other available pro, CFL, or semi pro player to tryout. Couldn’t had been much worse than Bolles.

    Originally posted by Samparnell
    This year we can't see preseason games, so we'll have to trust Munchak, who knows what he's doing.
    Of course and I never said we shouldn’t but the executive needs to trust Munchak!

    Originally posted by Samparnell
    Michael Schofield didn't start at RT over Ryan Harris. Harris moved to LT when Ty Sambrailo was hurt and Schofield filled in for him at RT. Orlando Franklin was moved to LG in 2014 when Clady came back and Chris Clark was tried at RT. The other RTs that year were Paul Cornick and Louis Vasquez. Michael Schofield didn't start any games in 2014. So, I don't see what kind of example Schofield is supposed to represent. He didn't take all the snaps at RT in 2015. You will need to clarify.
    I was mainly talking about 2015. Michael Schofield didn’t get the playing time you mentioned in 2014 only due to John Fox standing up to John Elway stating that he was the head coach and that choosing to start Schofield wouldn’t happen under his watch. It wasn’t until 2015 when Kubiak was brought in that Schofield got a lot of playing time. Tyler Polumbus talks about this a lot stating when he asked coach Kubiak why Schofield was playing instead of himself that Kubiak would state that it wasn’t his decision.

    Originally posted by Samparnell
    To what "theory" of mine are you referring? Do you mean start the best five O-Linemen? That's not a theory. That's standard practice for O-Line coaches at all levels.
    It is standard practice for O-line coaches at all levels, except in Denver...



    I’ll respond to the rest of your statements later, it’s a busy morning.


    Originally posted by Samparnell
    Munchak's five last year were Bolles - Risner - McGovern - Leary - James. Number six must have been Eli Wilkinson, because when James went down, Wilkinson came in. He finished three games James started and started twelve himself. He missed the last game due to injury, so he played pretty much fifteen games. Like I said before, if you think anyone else on the roster should have been on the field instead of anybody Munchak started, name them.

    Many commentators think Eli Wilkinson will start at RT this year. He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. From my point-of-view he struggled in pass protection last year. However, they say Munchak likes him and football players can get better, worse or stay the same; that goes for Bolles, too. Demar Dotson has 106 NFL starts almost all of which are at RT. If he can't beat out Wilkinson in a month, he shouldn't have been signed IMO. If Munchak thinks Dotson is a better pass protector than Wilkinson, I'm inclined to think Demar will start. If his run blocking isn't as good as Wilkinson, there are ways to block each run play to help him out.

    Denver has fourteen O-Linemen right now. The best two guys are the starting Guards, "Route 66" and GG. I'm inclined to think Lloyd Cushenberry will practice/play his way into the the starting five. Behind them are Muti, Schlottmann, Morris and Jones. Tackle candidates are Bolles, Wilkinson, Dotson, Rodgers, Anderson, Bailey and Watts.

    Who do you think the best five of those are? At this point, I'm inclined to think Munchak will start Bolles - "Route 66" - Cushenberry - GG - Dotson. It may turn out differently, but I'm completely down with whatever Munchak decides. Are you?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-21-2020, 08:43 AM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I was mainly talking about 2015. Michael Schofield didn’t get the playing time you mentioned in 2014 only due to John Fox standing up to John Elway stating that he was the head coach and that choosing to start Schofield wouldn’t happen under his watch. It wasn’t until 2015 when Kubiak was brought in that Schofield got a lot of playing time. Tyler Polumbus talks about this a lot stating when he asked coach Kubiak why Schofield was playing instead of himself that Kubiak would state that it wasn’t his decision.

      It is standard practice for O-line coaches at all levels, except in Denver...
      It was in 2015 that Ryan Harris moved from RT to LT when Ty Sambrailo went to IR, instead of Michael Schofield starting over him as you previously stated.

      If you want to talk 2014 O-Line, you might want to explore moving Orlando Franklin to LG and Chris Clark to RT. IDK whose idea that was, but I doubt it was Dave Magazu. If it wasn't him, it was someone over him: Adam Gase, John Fox or John Elway. We'll never know.

      Are you saying Mike Munchak will not start his best five? Yes or no.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        My point exactly, who? We’ll never know because nobody was given that chance when someone continuously makes the executive decision to march Garret Bolles out there every week. We could had given any other understudy on the roster or brought in any other available pro, CFL, or semi pro player to tryout. Couldn’t had been much worse than Bolles.

        Of course and I never said we shouldn’t but the executive needs to trust Munchak!
        When O has the ball, almost half the guys on the field are coached by one guy, the O-LIne coach. On the sideline during a game, just about every O-Line coach at every level has been asked by one of the other coaches if he will replace so-and-so on the O-Line whom they think isn't playing well. In that situation the O-Line coach turns around and looks at the bench. At lot of times, he then turns back to the field and says, "So-and-so is doing just fine."

        I trust Munchak's coaching and decisions. Do you?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #49
          Calvin Anderson is gonna be a young player to watch
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Calvin Anderson is gonna be a young player to watch
            I wish we could watch him right now. I have loved watching preseason games over the years, because it gives an impression of players in development. We'll need to wait for the final roster to see if Calvin makes it, and for game day to see if he can practice/play his way into Swing Tackle from there.

            So far, we just get snippets from practice. Have you seen #77, Hunter Watts, walking around? I would imagine he'll be a PS candidate as Eli Wilkinson, Austin Schlottmann and Jake Rodgers once were.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • #51
              I did see Dotson play some at RT today and looked OK pass blocking. I didn't think he would get any action until next week. I think it would of been reasonable to of had 1 preseason game, that would've been very helpful for many of the players ... and for us fans.
              I did see Calvin Anderson - the Rubiks Cube expert; he can solve a Rubik’s cube in under 30 seconds, he can do it behind his back and blindfolded - on the field but the camera that the Broncos have on TC only shows the QB and the RT/RG, can't see the LT. Can't see formations with the camera's eye.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                I did see Dotson play some at RT today and looked OK pass blocking. I didn't think he would get any action until next week. I think it would of been reasonable to of had 1 preseason game, that would've been very helpful for many of the players ... and for us fans.
                I did see Calvin Anderson - the Rubiks Cube expert; he can solve a Rubik’s cube in under 30 seconds, he can do it behind his back and blindfolded - on the field but the camera that the Broncos have on TC only shows the QB and the RT/RG, can't see the LT. Can't see formations with the camera's eye.
                They're not showing formations, plays and defensive alignments on camera because we play the Pats this year.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  They're not showing formations, plays and defensive alignments on camera because we play the Pats this year.
                  No worries. Pats have their own camera crews.

                  Heard a rumor the Pats organization bought drones to innocently fly over all their opponents practice fields all season for a documentary on the environmental impact of football on practice fields. Not their fault that all those pesky players are running plays or the documentary will innocently be edited by Pats scouts with a passion for environmental conservation.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    No worries. Pats have their own camera crews.

                    Heard a rumor the Pats organization bought drones to innocently fly over all their opponents practice fields all season for a documentary on the environmental impact of football on practice fields. Not their fault that all those pesky players are running plays or the documentary will innocently be edited by Pats scouts with a passion for environmental conservation.
                    They are always ahead of the curve, true trendsetters in espionage.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      They are always ahead of the curve, true trendsetters in espionage.

                      Right LOL 😂

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Also I like Watts I just feel he needs to end up on the practice squad
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          It was in 2015 that Ryan Harris moved from RT to LT when Ty Sambrailo went to IR, instead of Michael Schofield starting over him as you previously stated.

                          If you want to talk 2014 O-Line, you might want to explore moving Orlando Franklin to LG and Chris Clark to RT. IDK whose idea that was, but I doubt it was Dave Magazu. If it wasn't him, it was someone over him: Adam Gase, John Fox or John Elway. We'll never know.

                          Are you saying Mike Munchak will not start his best five? Yes or no.
                          Of course I think he’d like to but he’d have to go out and get his own guy.
                          If Bolles is still out after consistently getting beat, then I’d say it’s not entirely his decision.

                          I trust Munchak, however I don’t trust Elway.

                          I feel if it was truly up to Mike Munchak, then we would see him evaluating talent that is not on the team and bringing somebody in of his own choosing.
                          That is what should’ve happened a long time ago but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

                          We had an entire off-season to replace Garrett Bolles and I know Mike Munchak did not think nor see Garrett Bolles as the best option at the start of the 2020 off-season. That in itself tells me that the decision is out of his hands.

                          Seriously if we go back to January 2020, does anyone really think that Coach Mike Munchak sees Garett Bolles as the best option so he does nothing to improve the position? Not even the case!
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-21-2020, 07:34 PM. Reason: I

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Of course I think he’d like to but he’d have to go out and get his own guy.
                            if course of Bolles is still out after consistently getting beat, then I’d say it’s not entirely his decision.

                            I trust Munchak, however I don’t trust Elway.

                            I feel if it was truly up to Mike Munchak, then we would see him evaluating talent that is not on the team and bringing somebody in of his own choosing.
                            That is what should’ve happened a long time ago but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

                            We had an entire off-season to replace Garrett Bolles and I know Mike Munchak did not think nor see Garrett Bolles as the best option at the start of the 2020 off-season. That in itself tells me that the decision is out of his hands.

                            Seriously if we go back to January 2020, does anyone really think that Coach Mike Munchak sees Garett Bolles as the best option so he does nothing to improve the position? Not even the case!
                            Please provide a reliable and verifiable link to support your statement. If you cannot do so, it didn't happen.

                            I understand you're frustrated with Elway's lack of success addressing the Tackle position. You're not the only one. However, making stuff up doesn't inform or advance the conversation in a positive way.

                            Elway didn't exercise Garrett Bolles' fifth year option. Denver seriously scouted the top four Tackles in the draft. There was a run on them before Denver picked. UFA Tackles are expensive and unreliable.

                            You can't name a Tackle on Denver's 2019 roster better than Bolles. It is evident you don't value coaching. That's OK, a lot of fans feel that way at all levels.

                            Regardless of conspiracy theories, Mike Munchak will start the best five guys he's got and he will shuffle those to their best spots.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 08-21-2020, 07:08 PM.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              I wish we could watch him right now. I have loved watching preseason games over the years, because it gives an impression of players in development. We'll need to wait for the final roster to see if Calvin makes it, and for game day to see if he can practice/play his way into Swing Tackle from there.

                              So far, we just get snippets from practice. Have you seen #77, Hunter Watts, walking around? I would imagine he'll be a PS candidate as Eli Wilkinson, Austin Schlottmann and Jake Rodgers once were.
                              Yea I wish we got some preseason games...did I just say that...maybe I need to see the doctor.

                              Rod Smith said on one of the Camp videos that he probably would not have made the team without preseason. I wonder if TD makes the team without that big hit in Japan.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Please provide a reliable and verifiable link to support your statement. If you cannot do so, it didn't happen.

                                I understand you're frustrated with Elway's lack of success addressing the Tackle position. You're not the only one. However, making stuff up doesn't inform or advance the conversation in a positive way.

                                Elway didn't exercise Garrett Bolles' fifth year option. Denver seriously scouted the top four Tackles in the draft. There was a run on them before Denver picked. UFA Tackles are expensive and unreliable.

                                You can't name a Tackle on Denver's 2019 roster better than Bolles. It is evident you don't value coaching. That's OK, a lot of fans feel that way at all levels.

                                Regardless of conspiracy theories, Mike Munchak will start the best five guys he's got and he will shuffle those to their best spots.
                                Who’s making things up? Do you honestly believe that Mike Munchak couldn’t find a better left tackle in an entire off-season?

                                Do you not trust Munchak to find a better LT than Bolles in an entire off-season?

                                I have a lot of respect for coaching but some ppl just aren’t coach able and in this case it seems evident.
                                Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-21-2020, 07:54 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X