Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Let's go get Earl Thomas.....(yes I know it's a pipe dream)
    No thanks, guy has turned into a head case, and we are set at the safety spot
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

The guy is a cancer and a head case now. No thanks! I would pass on Thomas.
      sigpic

Comment

Justin Simmons will be an even better leader in the secondary than CHJ was. He is very mature for his age, Thomas would only poison that and hurt locker room moral!

We need to invest in our home grown talents that are overachieving!
        sigpic

Comment

He's now been let go by two well run franchises in just over a year. Reports are that he was a terrible fit in the locker room in Baltimore, and Baltimore would rather risk paying his $10 million guaranteed salary in a grievance than to just keep him around. Not to mention he's not the same player he once was.

There's also the fact that Denver has a younger, better player on a guaranteed franchise tag already playing Free Safety.

Comment

Safety is not the spot we need talent at.

Besides we had our chance at Earl. We had the draft pick that was used to pick him and decided to trade it for a 2nd round pick used on CB Alphonso Smith. So many early warning signs that McD+Xanders was going to be problems.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              He's now been let go by two well run franchises in just over a year. Reports are that he was a terrible fit in the locker room in Baltimore, and Baltimore would rather risk paying his $10 million guaranteed salary in a grievance than to just keep him around. Not to mention he's not the same player he once was.

There's also the fact that Denver has a younger, better player on a guaranteed franchise tag already playing Free Safety.
              Yeah the timing isn’t the best or ideal. I would pass on Thomas now he is locker room cancer and shell of his former self not close to same player he once was.
              sigpic

Comment

• 8-23-20…
                Royce Freeman getting practice time in place of Gordon.
                "I think Royce started camp off really good, hit a lull there for a day or two and I think he's back to playing really good again," Fangio said.
                It is reported that Freeman is running hard and has an "enhanced" burst of speed compared to the last 2 seasons.

Justin Strnad has shown good strength and athleticism BUT his wrist sustained an injury today and left the field with a trainer. Not sure how serious at this time.

Cushenberry played with the ones today.
                Reports are that he held up well against the first-team defensive line and didn't allow much pressure. His snaps were on target as he worked with Lock for the most-prolonged stretch of camp.
                Shurmur says that there is no timeline yet on when a decision will be made on the starting C position.
                "Time will tell in terms of the center, but they're all getting work, they're all snapping the ball to Drew, and so the rotation in there has been good,"
                "Lloyd Cushenberry running entirely with the 1st team offensive line today has looked fantastic. Even in blocking drills he has held his own beautifully. He continues to make strides to becoming the starting Center."

Shurmur on Jeudy…
                He’s done a good job working against bump-and-run. He does know how to wiggle himself open. He’s been able to make some explosive plays for us.

Bradley Chubb dominant in one-on-one passing drills.

Dre'Mont Jones provided a good rush in 11on11 drills. He has put on a little weight in the offseason according to reports. He has played well too.

Jurell Casey was and has been fairly dominant playing on the inside of the DL. Casey also batted down a pass. Lot of pressure coming up the middle today. Jurrell Casey is disruptive up front. Been in Lock’s face a number of times. Ed Donatell on Casey…
                “Every player’s different. He’s an experienced NFL player that can bring his skills to our team, and we can plug him in. He’s been a inside rusher that can win one-on-ones and stir things up. He’ll add that to our rush.”
                Malik Reed practiced in place of Von and was reported that he looked good.

CB turned S Alijah Holder continues to impress, making hits and covering Albert O. That is good news as the depth at S this season was somewhat questionable considering Parks left in FA. Trey Marshall is the other S for depth and/or maybe a 5th S in nickel defense. Safety position looking very solid this season … at the moment.

Shelby Harris thinks the 2020 Bronco's defense will be the best in the league.

The defense won today's practice.
                sigpic

Comment

• Pat Morris did himself no favours in trying to make the roster by delivering a late cheap shot to Agim. Shelby Harris went after him a little bit, and then Fangio yelled at him. When you're fighting for your roster life it's probably best not to : 1. Cheap shot a teammate 2. Do something that would draw a 15 yard flag in games.

It looks like Cushenberry has moved himself into the #1 C spot (he played there fully today) and Schlottmann provides good depth at both C and G. With Muti and Schlottmann already providing that depth, Morris should probably be giving them as many reasons as possible to keep him, not giving them a reason to view him in a negative light.

Comment

hard pass .
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                      hard pass .
                      Concur. Even if he was his same all pro self, how bad of a locker room guy do you have to be to basically get cut by your teammates?

Comment

• Demar Dotson still with the 3's. I guess he needs longer to acclimate
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Justin Strnad will need surgery for his wrist. Likely out for the year. Tough blow, really thought he had a chance to crack the rotation at MLB and come in on passing downs. This will be a big opportunity for Jewell and Watson, especially with Davis out right now too.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            Justin Strnad will need surgery for his wrist. Likely out for the year. Tough blow, really thought he had a chance to crack the rotation at MLB and come in on passing downs. This will be a big opportunity for Jewell and Watson, especially with Davis out right now too.
                            Horrible news. Thought he had an opportunity to make an impact on passing downs with his athleticism against quality TEs.

Now back to Safeties needing to have the responsibility... again!

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              Justin Strnad will need surgery for his wrist. Likely out for the year. Tough blow, really thought he had a chance to crack the rotation at MLB and come in on passing downs. This will be a big opportunity for Jewell and Watson, especially with Davis out right now too.
                              I know he’s an old shell of himself long past elite but should we sign clay mathews for depth?

We could still pursue Logan and play K-Jack in the nickel on 3rd down.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                I know he’s an old shell of himself long past elite but should we sign clay mathews for depth?

We could still pursue Logan and play K-Jack in the nickel on 3rd down.
                                I’ve had a similar Mathews thought. Only as a pass rusher depth and maybe ILB backup

Not sure he would help in pass coverage. Maybe his experience and reading developing plays would help defend zone space but athletically he is not staying with most TEs anymore.

I would be thrilled to see the Broncos add another quality CB from free agency. So far Elway has chosen not to agree with me . Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X