Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I’ve had a similar Mathews thought. Only as a pass rusher depth and maybe ILB backup

Not sure he would help in pass coverage. Maybe his experience and reading developing plays would help defend zone space but athletically he is not staying with most TEs anymore.

I would be thrilled to see the Broncos add another quality CB from free agency. So far Elway has chosen not to agree with me . Lol
    They have the cap space that needs to be used or rolled over but why not, I definitely agree with on it.
    sigpic

Comment

• A couple of stud first rounders that fell into our laps.

Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-24-2020, 11:34 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Sucks to hear the bad news regarding Strnad being done for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
          Sucks to hear the bad news regarding Strnad being done for the year.
          Totally Agree. I think the FO should take a look at Nigel Bradham or Clay Matthews or even sign Logan Ryan.

Comment

• The Broncos have James salary to use as long as they stick to a one year contract. Or contracts if multiple players. At least $10M iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              I know he’s an old shell of himself long past elite but should we sign clay mathews for depth?

We could still pursue Logan and play K-Jack in the nickel on 3rd down.
              Probably not. At this point, Matthews won’t offer much in pass coverage at all. He would most definitely be another great mentor in that locker room, but I think we’re better off giving the hungry, young guys on the roster the first crack at being the primary depth.

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Horrible news. Thought he had an opportunity to make an impact on passing downs with his athleticism against quality TEs.

Now back to Safeties needing to have the responsibility... again!
              Yeah, it’s unfortunate. My favorite comparison for Strnad was a poor man’s Fred Warner. I think Fangio’s defense frequently varies in coverage patterns and responsibilities, so it will be a mix of corners, linebackers, or safeties that would have to matchup on opposing TEs or pick them up in zone. I do hope we’ll fare better against guys like Kelce and Waller, but I’m not expecting us to completely neutralize them— simply because they’re just that good. Best case scenario for us would be to bend, but not break against them.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                Totally Agree. I think the FO should take a look at Nigel Bradham or Clay Matthews or even sign Logan Ryan.
                Logan Ryan would solve some serious TE issues right now!
                sigpic

Comment

• Tim Patrick, De’Vante Bausby, and Michael Ojemudia were among the players out today.

Jerry Jeudy had two drops (one may or may not have been tipped by Bryce Callahan on a beautiful, deep pass from Lock). But Jeudy also had two nice TDs to make up for it. He’s becoming a more frequent target for Lock which is promising.

Hamilton had a great day, especially with Patrick and Hamler out. He made some big plays both with Lock and Driskel.

Dawson had an up-and-down day with an increase in reps. Jewell and Johnson were surprisingly solid against the pass and had a few PBUs between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    Tim Patrick, De’Vante Bausby, and Michael Ojemudia were among the players out today.

Jerry Jeudy had two drops (one may or may not have been tipped by Bryce Callahan on a beautiful, deep pass from Lock). But Jeudy also had two nice TDs to make up for it. He’s becoming a more frequent target for Lock which is promising.

Hamilton had a great day, especially with Patrick and Hamler out. He made some big plays both with Lock and Driskel.

Dawson had an up-and-down day with an increase in reps. Jewell and Johnson were surprisingly solid against the pass and had a few PBUs between them.
                    Jeudy may be the biggest and best thing that happened for the team, at the very least for the offense, this season. Lock coming in to his second season will likely have ups and downs as he learns the ropes - expected. Having a receiver that that constantly get open will make it just a bit easier on Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                      Sucks to hear the bad news regarding Strnad being done for the year.
                      The Broncos should look at Alec Ogletree, I know Schurmur is familiar with him since he was in NY. Why not look at him and possibly bring him in?
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-25-2020, 04:51 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Some o-line notes from today:
                        -Cushenberry was the only C to take reps with the first team today. Looks like he's starting to be cemented in there.

-Dotson got reps at RT with the first unit. I would assume that he's a few days away from winning that position. Although Fangio did say today that it's Wilkinson's job to lose, based on what we saw from him last year, I'm sure he'll be losing it soon.

-According to Mike Klis, Muti had some very good reps today.

Practice tomorrow is at the stadium, they're going to treat it like a game, come out and warm up like a game, opening kickoff, team periods. A halftime break, and lots of situational stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Some o-line notes from today:
                          -Cushenberry was the only C to take reps with the first team today. Looks like he's starting to be cemented in there.

-Dotson got reps at RT with the first unit. I would assume that he's a few days away from winning that position. Although Fangio did say today that it's Wilkinson's job to lose, based on what we saw from him last year, I'm sure he'll be losing it soon.

-According to Mike Klis, Muti had some very good reps today.

Practice tomorrow is at the stadium, they're going to treat it like a game, come out and warm up like a game, opening kickoff, team periods. A halftime break, and lots of situational stuff.
                          Muti, Schlottmann and Wilkinson make good interior depth. If he makes the roster, we might see Anderson as Swing Tackle. When Muti practices his way into the starting five, a shuffle will ensue, but that might not happen until next year.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bradley Chubb had something going on with his knee, and Glasgow did something to his ankle today. They haven't said anything, and I guess they took Chubb's brace off, and wrapped his knee with ice. Von said he was ok, so it's apparently nothing serious. Doesn't sound like he's 100 yet, though. Glasgow never came back, so I have no idea.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...day-s-practice

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              Bradley Chubb had something going on with his knee, and Glasgow did something to his ankle today. They haven't said anything, and I guess they took Chubb's brace off, and wrapped his knee with ice. Von said he was ok, so it's apparently nothing serious. Doesn't sound like he's 100 yet, though. Glasgow never came back, so I have no idea.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...day-s-practice
                              What’s crazy is that Glasgow has been a model of durability and consistency from his time in Detroit (a huge reason why we signed him in the first place). It’s just a sprained ankle thankfully, so he should be back in time for Week 1. Let’s hope Glasgow doesn’t have the same injury bug that bit Leary when he was here.

Comment

• Through 12 days of camp, the dominance of our defense has been a recurring theme from practice reports so far. On one hand, it’s great to know that the upgraded defense has been making plays and forcing stops. On the other hand, our new offense’s struggles have been expected— and it’s unrealistic to have them solved through twelve practices to this point. There’s been some nice flashes here and there, but offensive consistency and overall improvement have yet to be substantiated by the media reports. These next two weeks will be very important and challenging as our team continues to try and get comfortable offensively, while making player evaluations to decide on personnel going into Week 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X