Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Great Write Up Thank You. I am just not sold on Tim Patrick being the 3rd Might Need An Upgrade?
    Pretty sure Hamler is the guy who is supposed to be in the top 3. Hopefully he earns his way into the role.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Pretty sure Hamler is the guy who is supposed to be in the top 3. Hopefully he earns his way into the role.

Oh Thank You Yeah I forgot about K.J. only due to him missing out on TC due to injury. However I read that he is back now so yeah that puts a scare in DBs facing those WRs Plus Noah Fant and Albert O Gona Be Lights Out.

Comment

• Nice to see perceived improvement of Yiadom.

Him becoming a solid player would go a long way to help the defense. Not asking him to be a star, just not a weak link at the third CB.

Just me being overly optimistic or does it seem like the Broncos are developing some nice depth over the entire roster?

Only position I am not seeing quality depth is at QB. That is an all or nothing risk being taken. I understand why, especially after so many QB controversies but it is Lock and only Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Nice to see perceived improvement of Yiadom.

Him becoming a solid player would go a long way to help the defense. Not asking him to be a star, just not a weak link at the third CB.

Just me being overly optimistic or does it seem like the Broncos are developing some nice depth over the entire roster?

Only position I am not seeing quality depth is at QB. That is an all or nothing risk being taken. I understand why, especially after so many QB controversies but it is Lock and only Lock.
          Rypien will be a pretty good back up but I think the team is diverting attention away from him and his play in case there is any bad play from the position, we don’t hear “QB controversy“.

Rypien isn’t bad, his progress just isn’t being seen to report!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Nice to see perceived improvement of Yiadom.

I tried to find some video of Driskel playing but could only get clips of him scrambling. Not a good sign, but not damning either.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Ive heard Harris and Bausby are the two that are doing best for the #3 CB spot. Fangio mentioned harris the other day too. I do not think Yiadom is as good or will be as good as you say, but hey, who knows.

Someone here tried to tell me duke dawson would be ahead of Bryce this year. Duke is lucky to make the squad, he may have a shot at backup Saftey, however. Heard that he might switch there even. dont know.

As long as they are all battling that is what we want. Competition will bring out the best.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Rypien will be a pretty good back up but I think the team is diverting attention away from him and his play in case there is any bad play from the position, we don’t hear “QB controversy“.

Rypien isn’t bad, his progress just isn’t being seen to report!
                Yep. They want to give drew his shot and all the time and support from Broncos Country. No one will be calling for Ryp or Jeff when drew has a few bad games, possibly even in a row. Honestly, if we are in the position that Drew just isnt the guy (wont be the case because he has it) then we will be bad enough that backup QB play wont matter anyhow. We will be prime for a shot at one of the top QBs coming out. We wont have to worry though.

We missed out on Andrew Luck because of Tebow. This time we got Andrew Lock! Just off by one letter and this one will be everything Luck was supposed to be!
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  Yep. They want to give drew his shot and all the time and support from Broncos Country. No one will be calling for Ryp or Jeff when drew has a few bad games, possibly even in a row. Honestly, if we are in the position that Drew just isnt the guy (wont be the case because he has it) then we will be bad enough that backup QB play wont matter anyhow. We will be prime for a shot at one of the top QBs coming out. We wont have to worry though.

We missed out on Andrew Luck because of Tebow. This time we got Andrew Lock! Just off by one letter and this one will be everything Luck was supposed to be!
                  I couldn’t agree more.

Lock is compared to Cutler physically, but mentally he has a far better football mind and a higher football IQ it seems.

Lock may look like Cutler but will read Like Elway!

Rypien, I could say is a poor mans Josh Allen, but a better decision maker, based off what I saw from his Boise days. So for a backup I think we’re in ok shape.
                  sigpic

Comment

• What’s looking like a very crowded Tight Ends room. Nick Vannet, Jake Butt, Albert O, Andrew Beck, and Noah Fant!

Troy Fumagalli not pictured but was well in the mix before injury.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                      I tried to find some video of Driskel playing but could only get clips of him scrambling. Not a good sign, but not damning either.
                      I did find some video of Jeff Driskel:

He's got a good arm and he's got mobility. His throwing motion isn't as quick as Lock's though and his footwork is more conventional as well. So we've got a #2QB that can run an Offense that is built around Lock if that becomes necessary. That's not bad. That's actually what we need to have. Meanwhile Rypien is in development. The thing about Rypien that I noticed was that he wasn't naturally a 'strong arm' QB. He can do it but it didn't come naturally, you could read a substantial change in his body language whenever he decided to throw with velocity. So we have a clear #1QB that looks like a rising star. We have a #2QB that looks like he can handle a few starts if needed. We have a #3QB that is in development and has shown potential. How is this a problem?
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Defense is almost always way ahead of offense in TC.

Doesn't worry me at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                          Defense is almost always way ahead of offense in TC.

Doesn't worry me at all.
                          Add in offense learning a new scheme and defense isn't is going to lead to the defense being further ahead also.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• Yiadom impressed so much in tc that we traded him for a 7th from reports I saw
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              Yiadom impressed so much in tc that we traded him for a 7th from reports I saw
                              Yeah, about that...

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                                Yiadom impressed so much in tc that we traded him for a 7th from reports I saw

Yep a 7th round pick ugh 😑

Comment

Working...
                                X