Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Yiadom impressed so much in tc that we traded him for a 7th from reports I saw
    Does that mean Yiadom = Jurrell Casey ?

Comment

• Lol , guess they didn't think that highly of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        Does that mean Yiadom = Jurrell Casey ?
        The seventh from NYG replaces the seventh for Jurrell Casey, so I guess so.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I’m hearing that Drew Lock has been shaken the last couple of days from outside pressure.

Wilkenson is being beaten consistently by Von Miller and Ed Reed that Fangio pulled him today and inserted Demar Dotson into the starting line.

John keeps messing around with these below average tackles that he may just ruin Drew Lock! I hope that is not the case but goodness gracious.

I’d like to see John come back and play with Bolles and Wilkenson as his starting tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Lol OoOk! To quote the late great Dalton “Opinions Vary“!
            Told you Roby was better than Yiadom
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I’m hearing that Drew Lock has been shaken the last couple of days from outside pressure.

Wilkenson is being beaten consistently by Von Miller and Ed Reed that Fangio pulled him today and inserted Demar Dotson into the starting line.

John keeps messing around with these below average tackles that he may just ruin Drew Lock! I hope that is not the case but goodness gracious.

I’d like to see John come back and play with Bolles and Wilkenson as his starting tackles.
              The line is definitely a concern. Kinda feels like that’s the case every year. We’ll see how it all shakes down, but our starting Ts are below average. It’s a position that has been an issue for a very long time, so I share your frustration with the FO. Alas, this is the situation, so the best we can do is hope for the best. Maybe somebody steps up and makes the line serviceable. I’m pretty much crossing my fingers for a decent line.
              sigpic

Comment

• Calling people fanatics, pejoratively, like haters, is not allowed by the COCs.

Comment

• Yes the spot at RT is becoming a concern. Do we know how Demar Dotson is doing?
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I’m telling ya guys, Yiadom is going to come into his own and possibly a better 3rd than Roby was!
                    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                    Told you Roby was better than Yiadom
                    10 characters

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Yes the spot at RT is becoming a concern. Do we know how Demar Dotson is doing?
                      It sounds like he isn't quite up to speed just yet, but with how poorly Wilkinson has played throughout camp, he's still getting some time with the starters.

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints (Darrin Paulo) a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                        It sounds like he isn't quite up to speed just yet, but with how poorly Wilkinson has played throughout camp, he's still getting some time with the starters.

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.
                        We'll see who starts against the Titans. If it's Eli, I expect to see Nick Vannett get about half the snaps at Y on the right. In that situation, Dotson would be Swing Tackle.

If Beck makes the roster, putting Vannett next to Dotson with Beck at Wing might be a viable formation. If it was 21/12 personnel (depending on whether Beck is considered a Back or TE) with Lock under, it's balanced and presents both run and pass possibilities, if Sutton was at X and Jeudy Z in the Slot on the other side.

I'm inclined to think that if Dotson is considered a better pass blocker than Wilkinson, he will end up the starter. There are ways to help Dotson with blocking run plays. Wilkinson is a good run blocker and there are ways to help him with pass protection. Take your pick.

Based on what we've seen the past couple of years, I'm inclined to think Eli is more of a G than he is a T. Seems like Anderson is being developed as a Swing Tackle. I think Paulo ends up on the PS with Watts or Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints (Darrin Paulo) a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.
                          So it sounds like Dotson is already not working out at RT. Pretty soon LT is going to be a liability too.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            I'm inclined to think Eli is more of a G than he is a T.
                            100% agree. He's much more suited to playing as an interior lineman, similarly to Billy Turner before him.

Comment

• In case anyone else hasn't seen it in the news thread

Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                In case anyone else hasn't seen it in the news thread

Imo, a move that should have been made already. Jewell is a Davis clone and a fraction of the cost at that

Comment

Working...
                                X