Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Here's what Kareem Jackson had to say about Jerry Jeudy after practice day 1.

“I think it’ll be very difficult because he has this unorthodox way of running routes. We were kind of talking about it today. He can get in and out of his breaks better than anyone I’ve ever seen before. For him to be rookie, his tempo and his routes—the way he can change pace and the way he sells things is very rare. It’s going to be a challenge for opposing defenses and guys in the secondary. For us, getting a chance to see him every day is going to help us. There’s another guy we see twice a year that kind of puts us in the mind of him in terms of getting in and out of breaks and running routes. For us to be able to see him on a day-to-day basis is going to help us. He’s going to pose a challenge for some other defenses.”
    Great breakdown. We been hearing this from draft experts but to hear a vet say he is seeing this on the practice field takes the idea that Jeudy is special to another level.

I was one of the people wanting to go another direction in the draft but I can see why we went with Juedy....he is a special talent.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Can only speak for myself but I thought Jeudy and Lamb were both going to be taken well before the Broncos pick. With a slim chance of Ruggs being left on the board.

But I had all three as my 1st rd wish list over the other positions most often discussed.

Ranked in tight order of Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Jefferson not far behind. Honestly felt all would have impact for slightly different reasons.

Imagine how ecstatic I was when Jeudy was still on the board for the Broncos. Nice to hear he is proving his abilities already in camp. Excited about the possibilities with Sutton and Jeudy. Both seem to have the potential to be great.

We might be watching the beginning of something beautiful if Lock can be a quality QB.
      After the four top Tackles went, I was excited Denver picked Jeudy, too, and glad the Raiders went for Ruggs instead. It was facilitated by 3 QBs, 4 OTs, 2 CBs and 3 DL being picked before Denver. Ultimately six WRs would go in the first round; I guess that run actually started at #12 and went through #25.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        I know a lot of people wanted Ruggs because of his speed, but to me Jeudy was just that player you could plug in from day 1 and he's going to consistently be good, and hopefully grow to be great.
        But nearly all who wanted ruggs liked jeudy more, just nobody ever thought jeudy would make it to us
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Great breakdown. We been hearing this from draft experts but to hear a vet say he is seeing this on the practice field takes the idea that Jeudy is special to another level.

I was one of the people wanting to go another direction in the draft but I can see why we went with Juedy....he is a special talent.
          I wanted us to go a different direction too, but I also didn't think Jeudy was going to fall to us. I assumed the only available receivers would be Ruggs or Jefferson. So, when we got Jeudy, I was pretty excited.

I hope the OLine performs well this year, and I expect them to be better than what we saw with Flacco last season. I expect the running game to be more consistent for multiple reasons, and I expect, above all else, our red zone offense to be really good. We added speed. We added beef on the interior. We added diversity in the backfield. We added depth at tight end. Ball's in your court, Pat. I anticipate Fangio and co. will have the defense up to speed. I think John has built a team that has a chance to compete with KC. And if that does come to fruition, I'm going to love hearing all the idiots around the national media backpedal on Elway as a GM. Draft one bad QB, hire one suspect HC, and everybody throws you under the bus. Let's see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Lol OoOk! To quote the late great Dalton “Opinions Vary“!
            It’s not an opinion. I’m certain any advanced metrics site would back my opinion as well.

Yiadom had a 50.9 rating last year on off and Roby was in the mid 60s
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Our offense can't be bad, it just can't

New oc, young QB, got a pass catching RB in Gordon, oline got better, if butt comes back healthy our TEs should be that much better. Dline looks nasty as ever.

It will be nice to start rhe year out with Purcell and Johnson cause once we threw those guys in there, our run defense got immensely better

If Lock plays average I dont see how we can't be a top 15 team

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                It’s not an opinion. I’m certain any advanced metrics site would back my opinion as well.

Uh... you admit it’s an opinion....so I am going with it is an opinion....
                sigpic

Comment

Today Patrick Morris is 1st team C; my guess is tomorrow will be Cushenberry with the 1st team? and maybe not, he is the rookie.
                  Apparently Lindsay is looking good catching passes; did not let one pass go to the ground and even caught a tough one on a wheel route.
                  Jeudy played some with the ones and again played well... Courtland dropping passes today.
                  Cecil Lammey thinks Locks footwork looks much better.
                  Schlottman playing at RG with the 2s ... I think. Wilkinson starts at RT today.
                  Lots of shuffling on the OL ... as expected at this point.
                  sigpic

Comment

Defense looking good so far today. Yiadom, Bausby, and Harris all made some plays and showed solid coverage. I think Callahan will really emerge as a quality starter either in the nickel or the outside.
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

I heard Noah Fant put on about 10lbs muscle?? Does he look bigger?
                      sigpic

Comment

“Lloyd Cushenberry has been extremely impressive,” #Broncos guard Dalton Risner said. “You can tell that he knows his stuff.”
                        ➡️ https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...his-offseason/
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          Defense looking good so far today. Yiadom, Bausby, and Harris all made some plays and showed solid coverage. I think Callahan will really emerge as a quality starter either in the nickel or the outside.
                          Reports have been that Callahan has looked good ... so far. Bausby played as the #3 or nickel back today and had a good day... I think he was credited with what would've been a pick 6 if real play.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that Jeudy's route running has been talked about a lot, but Hamler's route running doesn't look too shabby either at 45:45.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              I heard Noah Fant put on about 10lbs muscle?? Does he look bigger?
                              He looks the same size to me but others have said he looks bigger. I think he looks a lot less clunky though and is getting in and out of his breaks a lot smoother

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Is it an opinion or is not an opinion?

I’ll tell you what, it is my opinion after watching Yiadom and evaluating his skill and talent levels that he has the potential to be better than Roby.

Just like Juwann James is soft, Roby will be a softer all pro than Yiadom in a few years if not this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X