Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Reports have been that Callahan has looked good ... so far. Bausby played as the #3 or nickel back today and had a good day... I think he was credited with what would've been a pick 6 if real play.
    I want to get excited about Bausby. I think he showed some promise last year. It would be so huge if he takes the next step this year in Vic's defense...not just for us but for his bank account in 2021.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Is it an opinion or is not an opinion?

I’ll tell you what, it is my opinion after watching Yiadom and evaluating his skill and talent levels that he has the potential to be better than Roby.

Just like Juwann James is soft, Roby will be a softer all pro than Yiadom in a few years if not this year!
      When facts don't support what you have an opinion time to move to intangibles and unmeasureables?

Can Yiadom be better...sure. is it likely...no. Roby was and still is a better player. Yiadom has a bigger upside because he is newer to the league and can still make that next leap. Roby is likely who he will always be at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I want to get excited about Bausby. I think he showed some promise last year. It would be so huge if he takes the next step this year in Vic's defense...not just for us but for his bank account in 2021.
        sure but the issue will be who pays him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          sure but the issue will be who pays him?
          I think we’d be able to retain him for pretty cheap. He’s playing for $825k this season. Considering he was an AAF cast-off and mainly a bench player for most of his NFL career, a solid 2020 from Bausby could result in a short-term extension for less than $4M per year in my opinion.
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

I know that Jeudy's route running has been talked about a lot, but Hamler's route running doesn't look too shabby either at 45:45.
            Individual clip:

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
              Individual clip:

That's the reason why my original thought was to go somewhere else in the first, and take him in the 2nd if he fell to us. He was more than just a quick speed guy in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                That's the reason why my original thought was to go somewhere else in the first, and take him in the 2nd if he fell to us. He was more than just a quick speed guy in college.
                It will be interesting to see if he will get his opportunity on returns too.

I was surprised but fully on board with the Jeudy/ Hamler picks. Adds an element of explosive playmakers to the offense that was badly needed.

Comment

Just peeped a little bit of Training Camp Live, it’s a bummer we can’t watch all of practice but the team’s media coverage with Steve Atwater has been really good FWIW.

Jeudy has been getting even more reps with the 1’s and looks amazing. He noticeably got the best of Yiadom and Callahan on a couple insane routes. He’s seen the ball come his way several times already. Jake Butt has been pretty nice today as well.

Bausby is so sticky in coverage. He’s impressed me the most on defense since practices started.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Great Insight To All Thank You.

Comment

I don’t think his game was complete enough to rely on him changing the fortunes of our offense. I think he will be better served as a complimentary piece early on
                      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                        I don’t think his game was complete enough to rely on him changing the fortunes of our offense. I think he will be better served as a complimentary piece early on
                        Meh... Complimentary piece to Sutton. Made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          When facts don't support what you have an opinion time to move to intangibles and unmeasureables?

Can Yiadom be better...sure. is it likely...no. Roby was and still is a better player. Yiadom has a bigger upside because he is newer to the league and can still make that next leap. Roby is likely who he will always be at this point.
                          I did say its my opinion that Roby will be softer as a pro than Yiadom in the future. Fangios influence on players coaching is better than Bill Obriens. It makes a huge difference.

Now here’s a promising update!
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-17-2020, 04:03 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Meh... Complimentary piece to Sutton. Made sense.
                            Nah, that’s too much responsibility imo. I think he will contribute in specific ways where as Judy can do it all.
                            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                              Nah, that’s too much responsibility imo. I think he will contribute in specific ways where as Judy can do it all.
                              Jeudy's a better all around receiver, no doubt. That's why he's a first round pick. You don't draft a guy in the second round just to run gadget plays and return kicks, though. If you're the Chiefs or Ravens, maybe you do. Hamler in the slot with Fant and Sutton on the field would've had an impact. You have to respect the speed, and then the fact that he's a better route runner than many give him credit for. You throw in his open field elusiveness, and you've got a problem if the corner gets beat.

Comment

Jeudy's a better all around receiver, no doubt. That's why he's a first round pick. You don't draft a guy in the second round just to run gadget plays and return kicks, though. If you're the Chiefs or Ravens, maybe you do. Hamler in the slot with Fant and Sutton on the field would've had an impact. You have to respect the speed, and then the fact that he's a better route runner than many give him credit for. You throw in his open field elusiveness, and you've got a problem if the corner gets beat.
                                So imagine how many problems a defense is going to have if this young group can develop to the point of having Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Albert O on the field. Throw in Gordon/ Lindsey to pass block or threaten to get into route even better.

Mismatches all over the place. This is just one combo of many. Needless to say I’m pretty excited about the offensive possibilities this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X