Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    So imagine how many problems a defense is going to have if this young group can develop to the point of having Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Albert O on the field. Throw in Gordon/ Lindsey to pass block or threaten to get into route even better.

Mismatches all over the place. This is just one combo of many. Needless to say I’m pretty excited about the offensive possibilities this year.
    Exactly!! This team is absolutely loaded!! Of course the one guy that is needed to make it work is Lock and the line to give him time to make all those reads. I think the pressure has to be heavy on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Exactly!! This team is absolutely loaded!! Of course the one guy that is needed to make it work is Lock and the line to give him time to make all those reads. I think the pressure has to be heavy on him.
      My chips are in on Lock. All my chips....and I think he has the moxy to not let the pressure get to him. He is special. He will be special. A combo of Aaron Rodgers with Payton Manning smarts and Elway's will...........

Comment

So imagine how many problems a defense is going to have if this young group can develop to the point of having Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Albert O on the field. Throw in Gordon/ Lindsey to pass block or threaten to get into route even better.

Mismatches all over the place. This is just one combo of many. Needless to say I’m pretty excited about the offensive possibilities this year.
        Regardless of formation there are five eligible receivers, two on and three off. A potent 11 personnel group could be Sutton (X), Fant (Y), Jeudy (Z), Hamler (H) and Gordon (R). Inside +20 Okwuegbunam could sub in for Hamler at H and/or Lindsay for Gordon at R.
        Last edited by samparnell; 08-17-2020, 06:19 PM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
          My chips are in on Lock. All my chips....and I think he has the moxy to not let the pressure get to him. He is special. He will be special. A combo of Aaron Rodgers with Payton Manning smarts and Elway's will...........
          WOW, I'm just hoping for a more mobile Matt Ryan LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            WOW, I'm just hoping for a more mobile Matt Ryan LOL
            This is Denver we don't set our expectations that low lol

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

That recent Elway interview seemed to ready us for some set backs on offense this year but that this defense should be able to hold it down while they get acclimated

Cant wait to see how this defense does look without Chris Harris for instance. .......... his skills were a kind of not needed as much in this system it seemed. Bryce really messed up the DB plans last year though.

Defense is looking kinda nice to me .......I can't wait to see if they gel quickly
              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                That recent Elway interview seemed to ready us for some set backs on offense this year but that this defense should be able to hold it down while they get acclimated

Cant wait to see how this defense does look without Chris Harris for instance. .......... his skills were a kind of not needed as much in this system it seemed. Bryce really messed up the DB plans last year though.

Defense is looking kinda nice to me .......I can't wait to see if they gel quickly
                Rod Smith was talking with Steve Atwater on the 1 hour video of Day 3 with pads on. He said people should expect to see a lot of mistakes earlier in the Regular season.

Teams do not get a preseason and the practices they normally get are cut in half.

Rod even mentioned teams like ours with new coordinators / playbooks may take extra time to get adjusted. Glad we had an experienced guy at OC...hopefully that helps.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

There will definitely be mistakes early on but Drew Lock and his mobility can mitigate that to some extent. Plus the chemistry with Sutton and Fant and even Albert O can help there too as he can trust them enough to throw them open. Hamler and Jeudy may take a bit more time for that but they’ll get there.

The biggest thing will be how quickly or how long it’ll take the oline to gel together and play as a cohesive unit. It might be touch and go for a good bit.

Comment

Just heard Von Miller and Bradley Chubb just had a huge collision about 3 feet behind Drew Lock.

Von Miller is destroying Elijah Wilkenson and Bradley Chubb obliterating Garret Bolles consistently all day.

Reported by Brandon Stokley and Tyler Polumbus! Courtesy of 104.3
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Just heard Von Miller and Bradley Chubb just had a huge collision about 3 feet behind Drew Lock.

Von Miller is destroying Elijah Wilkenson and Bradley Chubb obliterating Garret Bolles consistently all day.

Reported by Brandon Stokley and Tyler Polumbus! Courtesy of 104.3
                      I can't say I'm surprised. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                        I can't say I'm surprised. Ugh
                        John Elway’s all pro tackles! Go figure!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the offense has all the weapons, but we won't be seeing fireworks unless they are playing a weaker defense. I also heard the reviews of today's practice and the defense was making very difficult for the offense to get anything going, red zone too. Sure you can have the best offense, but a good defense can even stop a HOF QB even in SB48, so don't be too hard on Lock if that is what he will be facing with our current O-Line, especially at RT. It might be a good idea to use a double RB set and have each one help the tackles. Last year the Chiefs "poor" defense held the Broncos to 9 points in two games where Lock played one of those two games too. Chiefs's defense is to be taken seriously!
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

So imagine how many problems a defense is going to have if this young group can develop to the point of having (1)Sutton, (2)Fant, (3)Jeudy, (4)Hamler and (5)Albert O on the field. Throw in (6)Gordon/ Lindsey to pass block or threaten to get into route even better.

Assuming we have 5 O-Linemen that leaves no Quarterback to throw the ball...

...I am just messing with you, by the way.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

What I'd like to see is 2WR(Sutton/Jeudy)2TE(Fant/Albert O)1RB(Gordon-Lindsey). Sub Hamler in for Albert O to shock the D, sub Vannett/Beck in for various positions when you want more control of the LOS.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                What I'd like to see is 2WR(Sutton/Jeudy)2TE(Fant/Albert O)1RB(Gordon-Lindsey). Sub Hamler in for Albert O to shock the D, sub Vannett/Beck in for various positions when you want more control of the LOS.
                                12 and 11 personnel which we'll probably see often. If Beck is on the roster, we'll see 21 and 22 personnel some. With the receivers who may be available, we might even see 00 personnel/empty on occasion.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X