Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Camp

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have said played MOSTLY at C in college. I was going to look into that but it slipped my mind. But now after doing the research it does look like he played mostly at C.

    This is from 2018 written by Travis Wakeman when Schlottmann was signed by the Broncos as an UDFA...
    Schlottmann came into the draft as a center after playing much of his college career at that position. He didn’t allow a single sack during his senior season. However, he looks more like a tackle and should be given a shot to earn a rotational spot down the road.

    "Much" might not mean "most" and he did play nearly every position in college.

    Denver Post did write in 2019 ... Schlottmann (6-6, 300) entered the NFL with a wealth of experience at center after more than 20 starts at the position in a college spread offense. In 2018 on the Bronco's PS he was rotated between G and C.
    2017 | SENIOR Honorable-mention All-Big 12 ... started all 14 games ... made eight starts at center and six at right guard.
    Austin said he played some TE in high school next to Courtland Sutton. He was recruited as an OT.
    He did work with Loren Landow with Landow Performance in order to get ready for his pro day... he was not invited to the combine.
    Good job on the research! I'm an information junkie. Love it.

    Austin played for Gary Patterson at TCU, one of my favorite college coaches.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-20-2020, 12:56 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • Melvin Gordon and Von Miller also now out for “tweaks”

      Gawd this better not be the injury bug season..
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Melvin Gordon and Von Miller also now out for “tweaks”

        Gawd this better not be the injury bug season..
        Three and a half weeks before the first game. Sounds like the training room will be busy.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • Why is Fant out?
          -Bronco in UT


          While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

          Helll of a post

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            Why is Fant out?
            Sick..not Covid related..
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              I did say its my opinion that Roby will be softer as a pro than Yiadom in the future. Fangios influence on players coaching is better than Bill Obriens. It makes a huge difference.





              Now here’s a promising update!

              Can you please define softer? What measurable's or stats would you propose be compared or tracked to end up with the definition and direct comparison of who is softer?

              As it stands right now Yiadom has been in the league for 2 seasons:

              Solo Tackles - 17 and 30 in 2018 & 2019
              Passes defended- 3 & 4 in 2018 and 2019
              Assisted tackles- 3 & 11 in 2018 & 2019


              Roby's year 1 and 2:
              Solo Tackles - 61 and 32 in 2014 & 2015
              Passes defended- 13 & 10 in 2014 and 2015
              Assisted tackles- 2 & 6 in 2018 & 2019


              Look I am all for if Yiadom can blossom and turn into a better version of Roby. As it stands now though I have not seen the same instinct as say a guy like Bausby I mean we even saw Harris step in in sections last season and play very well and look less lost.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Three and a half weeks before the first game. Sounds like the training room will be busy.
                these guys tweaked themselves. This is what I was saying when this all started. Adding weight getting jacked etc etc. When you place more and more stress on joints and the bodies "flexy bits" - ACL, MCL, tendons etc etc you run a huge risk to injure yourself. While there are always exceptions we seem to always see the guys who come back and you see that they are Jacked far beyond the previous season it just seems that they are the ones getting hurt.

                I heard a really interesting comment on Lebron James - slimming down has generally helped older players extend their career. Getting heavier continues to put extra stress on their joints and backs and ultimately seems to cut careers shorter than they needed to be. For example just once I'd like to hear Von slims down and works on his fast twitch to try and push for more speed again or Shelby Harris puts on 30 pounds of Muscle all the while looking slimmer. In this same vein Rob Gronkowski is said to be weighing in at around 245ish pounds. When he was in the SB he was listed at 268ish. This continued effort to play at a lesser weight cannot be a coincidence.

                Comment


                • Only a left calf strain for Todd Davis, thankfully. Shouldn’t be out as long as he was last year.

                  Peyton Manning will be on this morning’s Training Camp Live on the Denver Broncos’ YouTube if anyone wanted to catch that. You get a small glimpse of the action too.

                  With the injuries at WR, I want to see one of the bottom-end guys make an impact with more reps available suddenly. Tyrie Cleveland has been impressing so far, with Fred Brown and Kendall Hinton making a few plays here and there. Want to see someone really emerge, despite Cleveland having a resounding lead for that last receiver spot.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    these guys tweaked themselves. This is what I was saying when this all started. Adding weight getting jacked etc etc. When you place more and more stress on joints and the bodies "flexy bits" - ACL, MCL, tendons etc etc you run a huge risk to injure yourself. While there are always exceptions we seem to always see the guys who come back and you see that they are Jacked far beyond the previous season it just seems that they are the ones getting hurt.

                    I heard a really interesting comment on Lebron James - slimming down has generally helped older players extend their career. Getting heavier continues to put extra stress on their joints and backs and ultimately seems to cut careers shorter than they needed to be. For example just once I'd like to hear Von slims down and works on his fast twitch to try and push for more speed again or Shelby Harris puts on 30 pounds of Muscle all the while looking slimmer. In this same vein Rob Gronkowski is said to be weighing in at around 245ish pounds. When he was in the SB he was listed at 268ish. This continued effort to play at a lesser weight cannot be a coincidence.
                    Totally agree with that.... Totally unrelated, but look at a guy like Tim Duncan who played almost 20 years in a grueling NBA career. Not only was he around 260 throughout his early years and prime, he slimmed down to about 230-240 in the late stage of his career - and was still effective!

                    Hoping Von will be alright, but the whole "jacked" physique and upped weight isn't really ideal for someone who is getting older.

                    Comment


                    • I am watching the live video with PM.

                      Some players have some kind of red...shower cap?...on their helmet. Anyone know what that is about?
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I am watching the live video with PM.

                        Some players have some kind of red...shower cap?...on their helmet. Anyone know what that is about?
                        Helmet shimmels for ST drills.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • https://twitter.com/byryanwood/statu...979759616?s=21

                          Packers OLB coach talking about using sacks as a measure of a player’s performance. Mentions Von Miller. Worth a watch, some interesting insight from someone on the coaching side of things.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            https://twitter.com/byryanwood/statu...979759616?s=21

                            Packers OLB coach talking about using sacks as a measure of a player’s performance. Mentions Von Miller. Worth a watch, some interesting insight from someone on the coaching side of things.
                            I don’t necessarily disagree with him, but while pressure can lead to INTs it can also lead to the QB scrambling and a breakdown in the coverage. Where as a sack is a negative play no matter what. On the flip side not all sacks are equal as pressure can create clean up sacks for others.

                            But I do agree pressures are important and pass rushing is one area where I think analytics can really be used to identify good pass rushers who don’t necessarily get the playing time to be recognized as such.

                            I still say Demarcus Walker is a good example. His career numbers won’t impress anyone, but when you look into his pressure per snap he’s right up there with some of the best interior pass rushers in the league. But to that coach’s point consistency is huge and for one reason or another Walker can’t seem to force the coaching staff to give him a meaningful number of snaps per game to show if he can be consistent. 6 sacks in 341 career snaps comes out to a sack every 58 snaps, add in his pressures and QB hits and he’s affecting the QB every 10-12 snaps. Compared to Aaron Donald in 2018 (914 snaps) had a sack every 44 snaps and was affecting the QB every 8-10 or so snaps.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I still say Demarcus Walker is a good example. His career numbers won’t impress anyone, but when you look into his pressure per snap he’s right up there with some of the best interior pass rushers in the league. But to that coach’s point consistency is huge and for one reason or another Walker can’t seem to force the coaching staff to give him a meaningful number of snaps per game to show if he can be consistent. 6 sacks in 341 career snaps comes out to a sack every 58 snaps, add in his pressures and QB hits and he’s affecting the QB every 10-12 snaps. Compared to Aaron Donald in 2018 (914 snaps) had a sack every 44 snaps and was affecting the QB every 8-10 or so snaps.
                              I have to agree with you there. He's doing real work at a position that takes time to master, and two years of his developmental time was taken away by an incompetent Front Office. He's one of the guys I'm looking forward to watching.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                              Comment


                              • These camp videos made me feel old today. I been enjoying Awater, Smith, Karlis and Jackson talk about the Broncos while we get to watch some action.

                                Saw a comment today on the feed about PM "Finally a Bronco I watched play is talking today"
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X