X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    That would be my inclination, too, because it just seems like Eli will need a lot of help in pass protection. That would limit the number of formations available. Given the state of affairs at the T position, sliding protection one way or the other doesn't seem a viable option. Munchak and Shurmur will know what to do. We'll see what happens. If Dotson doesn't start, he'll be active, and I think Anderson might be active, too.
    Take it for what it's worth (which is basically just daydreams written with a Popsicle stick on a breezy beach at low tide) but here is a depth chart from 09/07/2020: https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

They have Elijah at RT. They also have Beck listed as a FB. And Jeudy as co-#2WR. And Crunchberry as C. Just a lot of little messages in there. We'll see how many come true.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    I'd go with the better pass pro at RT.
    That would be my inclination, too, because it just seems like Eli will need a lot of help in pass protection. That would limit the number of formations available. Given the state of affairs at the T position, sliding protection one way or the other doesn't seem a viable option. Munchak and Shurmur will know what to do. We'll see what happens. If Dotson doesn't start, he'll be active, and I think Anderson might be active, too.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    I'm inclined to think that if Dotson is considered a better pass blocker than Wilkinson, he will end up the starter. There are ways to help Dotson with blocking run plays. Wilkinson is a good run blocker and there are ways to help him with pass protection. Take your pick.
    I'd go with the better pass pro at RT.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    From what I've read it sounds like the O was much better tonight. The Reporters aren't allowed to say much, but Cecil Lammey said that the o-line looked much improved and the Lock to Sutton connection looks good.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Kareem kinda looked like Champ tonight with that beard

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It's a move that should have been made, but with a suitable replacement. I have my doubts that Jewell is fast enough or sound enough in tackling to replace Davis.
    FWIW Barron may be the starter as soon as he has a command of the D.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Imo, a move that should have been made already. Jewell is a Davis clone and a fraction of the cost at that
    It's a move that should have been made, but with a suitable replacement. I have my doubts that Jewell is fast enough or sound enough in tackling to replace Davis.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    In case anyone else hasn't seen it in the news thread

Imo, a move that should have been made already. Jewell is a Davis clone and a fraction of the cost at that

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    In case anyone else hasn't seen it in the news thread

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    I'm inclined to think Eli is more of a G than he is a T.
    100% agree. He's much more suited to playing as an interior lineman, similarly to Billy Turner before him.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    It sounds like he isn't quite up to speed just yet, but with how poorly Wilkinson has played throughout camp, he's still getting some time with the starters.

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints (Darrin Paulo) a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.
    So it sounds like Dotson is already not working out at RT. Pretty soon LT is going to be a liability too.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    It sounds like he isn't quite up to speed just yet, but with how poorly Wilkinson has played throughout camp, he's still getting some time with the starters.

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.
    We'll see who starts against the Titans. If it's Eli, I expect to see Nick Vannett get about half the snaps at Y on the right. In that situation, Dotson would be Swing Tackle.

If Beck makes the roster, putting Vannett next to Dotson with Beck at Wing might be a viable formation. If it was 21/12 personnel (depending on whether Beck is considered a Back or TE) with Lock under, it's balanced and presents both run and pass possibilities, if Sutton was at X and Jeudy Z in the Slot on the other side.

I'm inclined to think that if Dotson is considered a better pass blocker than Wilkinson, he will end up the starter. There are ways to help Dotson with blocking run plays. Wilkinson is a good run blocker and there are ways to help him with pass protection. Take your pick.

Based on what we've seen the past couple of years, I'm inclined to think Eli is more of a G than he is a T. Seems like Anderson is being developed as a Swing Tackle. I think Paulo ends up on the PS with Watts or Rodgers.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Yes the spot at RT is becoming a concern. Do we know how Demar Dotson is doing?

I'd honestly rather give Calvin Anderson or the guy claimed off waivers from the Saints (Darrin Paulo) a shot than see Wilkinson line up at RT again.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m telling ya guys, Yiadom is going to come into his own and possibly a better 3rd than Roby was!
    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Told you Roby was better than Yiadom
    10 characters

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Yes the spot at RT is becoming a concern. Do we know how Demar Dotson is doing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X