No announcement yet.

kJ Hamler turning heads in camp so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kJ Hamler turning heads in camp so far!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/predomi...ing-plays/amp/

Originally posted by fanzone
    Denver Broncos rookie wide receiver KJ Hamler is making dazzling plays in camp.

Denver Broncos first-round pick Jerry Jeudy has received a ton of attention this offseason, and for good reason, but second-round pick KJ Hamler has some dazzling playmaking ability of his own.

He’s putting that on display early in Denver Broncos 2020 training camp.

In case you aren’t aware, the Broncos are putting on a training camp show every day which gives fans pretty unparalleled access to camp considering the conditions the COVID-19 pandemic has put the sports world in.

As the intensity of camp ramped up on day two, so did KJ Hamler’s route running. This is an absolute textbook route from Hamler, who beat Davontae Harris on this play.

That isn’t the only big play Hamler has made in camp so far, either.

After a drop led to an interception early on day one of Broncos camp, Hamler made a diving catch reminiscent of Emmanuel Sanders.

It’s not often discussed, but one of the great blessings of the Broncos’ 2020 offseason is the fact that Hamler was not able to work out at the 2020 Scouting Combine due to injury, and because of the COVID-19 pandemic, he didn’t have a pro day, either.

As much of a difference as tape makes in the evaluation process, it’s not out of the realm of possibility to think that Hamler would have gone a lot higher than he did with the Broncos in the 2020 NFL Draft if he had been able to run in the 40-yard dash and show off his amazing athleticism.

The way Hamler is moving around and making cuts looks a lot like Tyreek Hill on the field. Hill is able to make cuts and accelerate to full speed almost immediately, and his play speed is other-worldly.

There were many Broncos fans who coveted Henry Ruggs III of Alabama for that exact reason, but Hamler really has the same type of advantage in his game.

Up to this point, the Broncos have not really gotten Hamler many first-team reps, if any at all that we know of. The depth chart situation at wide receiver is one we will be monitoring all throughout training camp.

With that said, if Hamler makes plays like this consistently, he will continue to get more opportunities. What everyone really wants to see is more offensive plays with Hamler, Jeudy, and Courtland Sutton all on the field at the same time. How does a defense deal with that?

If Hamler is running routes and creating separation at the catch point like this, the options for the Broncos in the passing game will be limitless in 2020.
    sigpic

WoW With Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, K.J. Hamler, Lindsay, Gordon, Lead By Drew Lock This Offense Is Going To Be Off The Chain.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      WoW With Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, K.J. Hamler, Lindsay, Gordon, Lead By Drew Lock This Offense Is Going To Be Off The Chain.
      This is exactly what I’ve been saying. With Drew locks positive leadership and short term memory meaning he can shake off mistakes, this offense could be something very special and very very high powered on par with KC.

Not saying they are yet, but they could be! We suddenly have a lot of Space and if I were John I’d be out there finding any missing pieces that we need right now to complete the puzzle because we can actually make a serious run this year if we have every piece in place.
      sigpic

Comment

Great to hear!
        At PSU Hamler was nothing short of electric, very soon he will be a fan favorite here as well.

Comment

From the videos I watched Vic was a huge reason Hamler has his position on our draft board.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Mooore speed please.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

That looked like a really, really nice route by Hamler. The only things I was worried about with him were his routes and his hands. He's got everything else he needs to be an impact player. Nice to see. Thanks for posting.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I’m hype about Hamler, I can see him opening things up
                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Denver has so much young developing talent on offense excited to see the development tons to be excited about the future is bright.
                  sigpic

Comment

Denver's front seven is giving the O-Line a good, stiff look in practice to help them prepare for the season. Denver's receiver corps (WRs, TEs, RBs) is returning the favor and giving the Secondary plenty to cover. Sounds like fun. Too bad it's not possible to see it.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Anyone else worried about Hamler's hamstring injury? I'm reading he could miss the first two games of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozack View Post
                        Anyone else worried about Hamler's hamstring injury? I'm reading he could miss the first two games of the season.
                        Just a little bit. He should be be out for 2-3 weeks. Hamstring injuries are tricky and they can be easily reaggravated so they should be careful bringing Hamler back. In the mean time, it gives receiving options like Hamilton, Patrick, and Cleveland more time and reps to stamp their role in the offense and earn a spot on the roster.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by Bozack View Post
                          Depends on what the exact problem is. He's in good hands in Dove Valley's training room. They have every therapy and treatment possible. Hamstrings can be difficult. It will probably require a lot of attention all season.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Just stumbled across this video from July 19th. Shows some pretty sweet technique by Hamler that I wasn't as aware of as I could have been:

Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I was impressed by the limited footage I saw if Hamler. He is a lot better player than I anticipated. He’s super explosive.

This hamstring injury puts a bummer on the season for me but I guess I should be grateful there’s a season at all.
                              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Working...
                              X