Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Broncos sb team struck you as the best ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which Broncos sb team struck you as the best ?

    I know its difficult to crossover and compare players from nearly two decades but which of the Bronco super bowl teams did you think was the best ?
    The 97 team where #7 finally got a ring ?
    The 98 team which started 13 - 0 and beat the falcons with relative ease ?
    Or the 2015 team with the dominant defense ?
    I’d have to go with the 2015 team , I just can’t see either of the 97 or 98 teams being that successful on offense and #18 would be crafty enough to etch out enough yards and points to beat either of the 97 or 98 teams .
    I know its subjective and maybe impossible to be certain of a definitive answer but even so which would you take ? just curious , thanks

  • #2
    I would take the 98 team against any team in history assuming we get to play with the OL rules that we were allowed to play with then. There are some teams across history that had run games as dominant as ours...but no one had a team that exploited the other team while taking advantage of the dominant run game we had. Shanahan, Kubes and Gibbs took some strategy from the SF 49ers that made their offenses so deadly and applied it to the run game with some new innovations. Combine that with a defense that would exploit the other team knowing how dominate the run game would be....it was amazing.

    3rd and 6 was a legit running down for that team.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-18-2020, 09:40 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I would take the 98 team against any team in history assuming we get to play with the OL rules that we were allowed to play with then. There are some teams across history that had run games as dominant as ours...but no one had a team that exploited the other team while taking advantage of the dominant run game we had. Shanahan, Kubes and Gibbs took some strategy from the SF 49ers that made their offenses so deadly and applied it to the run game with some new innovations. Combine that with a defense that would exploit the other team knowing how dominate the run game would be....it was amazing.

      3rd and 6 was a legit running down for that team.
      I agree...

      SB 50 team was flawed on O. Manning was broken down and carried through by an epic D..

      The 99 team was a weaker version of the 98 team..

      iMO the 97 team that slept on the Jags.. would have been the strongest SB ...
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I would take the 97 team myself. We beat a really good Packers team in the SB. All around better team in IMO.
        Boy did my boy Atwater lay some wood in that SB Could have been SB MVP if not for the game TD had but I don't think we win that game if not for TD!
        sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
        Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
        PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

        Comment


        • #5
          1997 Denver Broncos....and here's why:

          Regular season....12-4....2nd place AFC West

          Broncos enter the playoffs as a wild card team
          Defeat Jacksonville Jaguars at home 42–17
          Defeat Kansas City Chiefs on the road 14–10
          Defeat Pittsburgh Steelers on the road 24–21
          Defeat Bret Favre and the defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers 31–24

          Terrell Davis is the Super Bowl MVP even after losing his vision late in the first quarter after getting hit in the head that triggered the beginning of a migraine headache. He missed all but one play in the second quarter but still finished with 30 carries for 157 yards and a game record 3 rushing touchdowns including the game winner with 1:45 remaining in the game.
          BRONCO TOUGHNESS

          Key play in the third quarter. Score is tied 17-17, Broncos with the ball, 3rd and 6 from the Green Bay 12 yard line, 37 year old Elway scrambles up the right side and gets hit by three Packers. Brian Williams, LeRoy Butler and Mike Prior aka "The Helicopter", 8 yard gain, 1st down and goal at the 4 yard line, two plays later the Broncos score a touchdown and take a 24-17 lead.
          BRONCO TOUGHNESS

          And the Mighty Broncos hold off the defending Super Bowl Champions on the Packers last drive of the game and win their first Super Bowl. BRONCO TOUGHNESS
          Utah Bronco Freak

          Comment


          • #6
            97 As Elway after three tries and as a team four tries at the time, finally got their ring
            98 Elway rode out of the sunset and on top
            2015 Same with Manning and that it was the 50th SB!
            Ready for October Falls

            Comment


            • #7
              It’s tough to say but I trust Elway to do enough to pull it out more than I do that version of Manning especially with Smith, McCaffrey, and Sharpe. Plus Terrell Davis was just a monster in the playoffs, as historic as that defense was, Sylvester Williams was the NT although one could argue he was a false flaw because the guys around him were just that good.

              Definitely would’ve been a low scoring game though. I just give the edge to the teams that won our first two because both the offense and defense were tough as nails.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd go with the 98 team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The 98 team was one of the best of all time. They proved 97 wasn't a fluke, so much so that they destroyed teams the next year. When Davis took off the equivalent of 2 games because they were in cruise control after halftime, you see how dominant they were. He was a 2500 yard back easily if they wanted it. Shanahan was at the top of his game as a playcaller. I feel the 3 peat would have been achieved if Elway had not retired.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    The 98 team was one of the best of all time. They proved 97 wasn't a fluke, so much so that they destroyed teams the next year. When Davis took off the equivalent of 2 games because they were in cruise control after halftime, you see how dominant they were. He was a 2500 yard back easily if they wanted it. Shanahan was at the top of his game as a playcaller. I feel the 3 peat would have been achieved if Elway had not retired.
                    One of the interesting things to me that I do not see talked about much is how Shanahan evolved as a play caller. In 96 when we lost to Jax we were throwing the ball way too much even though our runs would get huge gains. I herd Stink say on the radio that Gibbs would always be deep into Shanahan about calling more running plays.

                    I remember in 97 when I first started to see us run the ball on third and long and get the first down....it blew me away. When we kept doing it I realized that offense was special.

                    The game planning of that team was excellent. I have herd so many players and coaches say one of the main reasons we beat Packers in the first SB win was because of how we used EdMac on run plays. It was his job to block the safety on their defense that made the plays on running plays. Making the plan is just part of it...having the players to execute...that was huge too.

                    TD and his HoF ability to pick up the blitz man...or TD chipping away at DL all game in pass plays so that when the 4th qtr came the DL would wear down and our run game would exploit it to the max.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      98 - made it look easy and were never really tested. Meaning there weren't any other teams in the league that were close.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
                        98 - made it look easy and were never really tested. Meaning there weren't any other teams in the league that were close.
                        It was too bad Atlanta knocked out Minn in the playoffs. Would have loved to play them in the SB. I still remember Shanahan pointing to the scoreboard when Alt beat Minn. I think we all knew we were going to have an easy path to the 2nd Ring. It was nice to get an easy win for once tho
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          98 for me, we were the best team for 2 years! Back to back !!!
                          (Good times in Broncos Country)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
                            I know its difficult to crossover and compare players from nearly two decades but which of the Bronco super bowl teams did you think was the best ?
                            The 97 team where #7 finally got a ring ?
                            The 98 team which started 13 - 0 and beat the falcons with relative ease ?
                            Or the 2015 team with the dominant defense ?
                            I’d have to go with the 2015 team , I just can’t see either of the 97 or 98 teams being that successful on offense and #18 would be crafty enough to etch out enough yards and points to beat either of the 97 or 98 teams .
                            I know its subjective and maybe impossible to be certain of a definitive answer but even so which would you take ? just curious , thanks
                            the 98 team

                            that offense could steamroll *anyone*

                            that said, the 97 team that beat the packers in the SB.....

                            that was truly special, and can never be repeated. that moment when Mobley knocked that ball down, will live forever.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I’d say 98 team was the best team overall.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X