Garret Bolles takes responsibilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garret Bolles takes responsibilty

Bolles said today he heard the boos and understands his play deserved them. Different attitude from when he blamed refs targeting him. Acknowledging he wasn't up to a high standard is a good step. Also said he put on 20Lbs. Contract year, im thinking he shows big strides.Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1...533861888?s=20
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Hoping he can turn that corner to becoming a quality LT and finally living up to first round expectations.

Saying the right things, seemingly having a great offseason, second year with Munchak. All positives. If they can keep Reisner next to him it would be even better.

I am hoping for the best. But he has a lot to improvement to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Hoping he can turn that corner to becoming a quality LT and finally living up to first round expectations.

Saying the right things, seemingly having a great offseason, second year with Munchak. All positives. If they can keep Reisner next to him it would be even better.

I’m just hoping he doesn’t go crazy trying to dominate and ends up falling into Risners knees (ala Trevor Pryce and Chester McGlockton).

I liked what Bolles had to say except for the “GB zone” statement! Lol that kind of had me rolling.

Comment

I appreciate that Bolles added weight, that should help him anchor a little better and generate more push in the run game. However it doesn’t look like he added much muscle to me so I question how much it’ll help. He needs a stronger base, not necessarily a heavier one.

And ultimately it’s all a moot point if he can’t land his punches quicker while maintaining good technique.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Once the season starts we will all see if his words ring true and if he's proving he deserves to be awarded a nice new contract.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I don't know if he is smart enough to ever be consistent. The Detroit game exemplifies him as a player and the potential he could tap into. The man is big, athletic, and shows in spurts he can play at a solid level, but then he counters that with dumb plays which just make you scratch your head. I think if he plays well in this contract year he earns himself nothing more than a short-term prove-it type deal, until he shows he can do it again.

Comment

I will believe in his improvement when I see it.
              Last edited by L.M.; 08-21-2020, 08:29 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
              2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I'm honestly pretty shocked at his durability. He deserves respect for his availability. He doesn't ever get in trouble........

I think we did the right thing in not year 5ing him. But I hope he has a good season and we can keep him around.

These offenses he's had ... were pretty bad. Maybe with an offense that can attack different parts of the field will allow him to settle in and not try to do too much.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I appreciate that Bolles added weight, that should help him anchor a little better and generate more push in the run game. However it doesn’t look like he added much muscle to me so I question how much it’ll help. He needs a stronger base, not necessarily a heavier one.

And ultimately it’s all a moot point if he can’t land his punches quicker while maintaining good technique.
                  Is it worth switching him to NT or DT?

Comment

He's going to be expensive to keep, after the year I expect him to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Yeah The liability

Comment

At the very best he gets a franchise tag assuming he turns down a team friendly deal.

We may need the tag depending on how other players do and may let Bolles walk
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What are your expectations?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            I don't know if he is smart enough to ever be consistent.
                            Nailed it 100% Been his issue since College.

Comment

I think it shows maturity that he knows he hasn't played up to expectations. It is possible he just wasn't going to be the type of player to come in an instantly get everything about the NFL game and because of where our roster was when we drafted him he was kind of put out there in the hope that his athleticism would make up for deficiencies. He only had one year of high level college competition. He lacked experience coming in and we as Broncos fans probably got a little spoiled when we drafted Clady and he immediately stepped in and played at a Pro Bowl level.

I do hope he plays well this year, Certainly in his contract year he'll have incentive. I think he's got it in him to do really well and now heading into year 4 and the 2nd consecutive year with a coach like Munchak we'll see how he does. He doesn't need to be an elite LT but if he plays solid and minimizes mistakes that should be good enough to at least not hinder an offense that should be a juggernaut in the making.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X