Next Ring of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Other than Peyton, which SINGLE Bronco would you select to be the next inducted into the Ring of Fame?

Here's a few suggestions:

Ryan Clady
    Jake Plummer
    Tony Jones
    Al Wilson
    Ed McCaffrey
    Trevor Pryce
    Lyle Alzado

Joe Collier is my pick. His impact on the Broncos and the NFL is undeniable. I doubt I'm 100% correct, but these stats are close. 19 years as a Bronco DC with 4 different HCs, 5 GMs and 3 owners, creator of the Orange Crush and adapting the 3-4 defense to the NFL.

I think Gary Kubiak is also really deserving, but don't think he should be next because he's still active and it's for another team.
    I would love to see Ed McCaffrey there, because he has always been my favorite receiver. I don't see that happening though. I say Al Wilson ...
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I believe there’ll be an exception made for PFM. He played only four years in Denver while the qualification is 5, but Denver should feel honored to have his name up there.
      John Lynch only played 4 seasons for the Broncos - he's in and had nowhere near as big of an impact on the franchise as Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
        John Lynch only played 4 seasons for the Broncos - he's in and had nowhere near as big of an impact on the franchise as Manning.
        No doubt about that. Manning in 4 years with Denver won an MVP, won Super Bowl 50 and 2 SB appearance. What Peyton did in Denver was legendary it’s crazy when you think about everything he did here in such a short period of time.
        Last edited by Chillez; 08-23-2020, 11:58 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Peyton Freakin Manning over Jay (such a warm, nice guy, stronger arm than John Elway) Cutler??? Cmon!!!
          Well Jay could have had a stronger arm but he certainly belongs no where near Denver’s ring of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            I wasn’t aware of that but if he’s in the ROF then PFM will definitely be there!

Comment

I wasn’t aware of that but if he’s in the ROF then PFM will definitely be there!
              No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                Other than Peyton, which SINGLE Bronco would you select to be the next inducted into the Ring of Fame?

Here's a few suggestions:

Ryan Clady
                Jake Plummer
                Tony Jones
                Al Wilson
                Ed McCaffrey
                Trevor Pryce
                Lyle Alzado

Joe Collier is my pick. His impact on the Broncos and the NFL is undeniable. I doubt I'm 100% correct, but these stats are close. 19 years as a Bronco DC with 4 different HCs, 5 GMs and 3 owners, creator of the Orange Crush and adapting the 3-4 defense to the NFL.

I think Gary Kubiak is also really deserving, but don't think he should be next because he's still active and it's for another team.
                Maybe to Clady
                No to Jake
                No to Tony Jones (four years isn’t enough at his level of play)
                Maybe to Al Wilson
                McCaffery is a good chance
                Yes to Trevor Pryce
                Probably no to Lyle because of his roids and Raiders connection.

Comment

How about Jake Plummer? He was on the roster for four years and went to an AFC title game!

Comment

I liked Jake, but I don't think he should be in the Broncos ring of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Here's the list of the current members:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/gal...-ring-of-fame/

Here are the 34 members in the Broncos' Ring of Fame

Jon Heath
                      July 7, 2020 1:59 pm
                      The Denver Broncos have elected former coach Mike Shanahan into the team’s Ring of Fame. Shanahan is the 34th member of the Broncos’ Ring of Fame. Here’s a quick look at the list of players, coaches and owners that he’s joining in the Ring of Fame:

1. Coach Mike Shanahan (1984-87, ’89-91, 1995-2008)

2. CB Champ Bailey (2004-13)

3. Coach Red Miller (1977-80)

4. K Jason Elam (1993-2007)

5. LB Simon Fletcher (1985-95)

6. DB John Lynch (2004-07)

7. Owner Pat Bowlen (1984-2019)

8. Coach Dan Reeves (1981-92)

9. WR Rich Upchurch (1975-83)

10. RB/K Gene Mingo (1960-64)

11. C Tom Nalen (1994-2008)

12. WR Rod Smith (1994-2007)

13. TE Shannon Sharpe (1990-99, 2002-03)

14. RB Terrell Davis (1995-2002)

15. DB Steve Atwater (1989-98)

16. OL Gary Zimmerman (1993-97)

17. LB Karl Mecklenburg (1983-94

18. DB Dennis Smith (1981-94)

19. QB John Elway (1983-98)

20. CB Louis Wright (1975-86)

21. LB Tom Jackson (1973-86)

22. LB Randy Gradishar (1974-83)

23. QB Craig Morton (1977-82)

24. WR Haven Moses (1972-81)

25. K Jim Turner (1971-79)

26. DB Billy Thompson (1969-81)

27. QB Charley Johnson (1972-75)

28. DT Paul Smith (1968-78)

29. QB Frank Tripucka (1960-63)

30. Owner Gerald H. Phipps (1961-81)

31. DB Austin “Goose” Gonsoulin (1960-66)

32. DE Rich Jackson (1967-72)

33. RB Floyd Little (1967-75)

34. WR Lionel Taylor (1960-66)
                      When I posted my OP I thought about having to remove one from the Ring in order to add one. If I had to pick one Bronco to remove in order to save the World, it would be Jim Turner. I understand why he was added at the time, but over the course of history I don't think his legacy holds up as well as the others....and I'd replace Turner with Joe Collier.

Comment

I believe there’ll be an exception made for PFM. He played only four years in Denver while the qualification is 5, but Denver should feel honored to have his name up there.
                        If the rule is 5 years of service, then there shouldn’t be an exception, unless it’s a drafted player.
                        You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          If the rule is 5 years of service, then there shouldn’t be an exception, unless it’s a drafted player.
                          So should someone like Brandon Marshall be a consideration? Dude was a beast while he was here.

Not many Denver draft Selections had spent such little time in Denver and went on to have any more of a storied career than him.

Clinton Portis perhaps but not really.

Comment

I for sure always thought Eddie Mac Should be in the Denver Broncos ROF and he should be in the HOF as well. Nothing but a True Professional On and Off the Field and if you ask me winning Championships should Automatically increase the chances to get in and the last time I checked Eddie Mac is a 2 Time Back To Back Superbowl Winning WR Just Saying Look At His Body Of Work Clutch Catches Big Hits Taken. Another Few That Deserve The Nod is Al Wilson 2 Time SB Champion 2 and Trevor Pryce. Is Tom Nalen in the ROF? What About Gary Zimmerman? Stink?

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                              I would love to see Ed McCaffrey there, because he has always been my favorite receiver. I don't see that happening though. I say Al Wilson ...
                              What probably holds Ed McCaffrey back is some of his strengths do not make it to the stat page. He was a fantastic blocker on arguably the best running game to make it to the Super Bowl. The stats will speak for his receiving skills but nothing really speaks for his ability to block any defender on the field.

The game plan to use EdMac block Green Bay's 1st Team All Pro Safety Butler is easily one of the top 5 reasons we won that Super Bowl...shoot maybe top 3.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

So should someone like Brandon Marshall be a consideration? Dude was a beast while he was here.

Not many Denver draft Selections had spent such little time in Denver and went on to have any more of a storied career than him.

Clinton Portis perhaps but not really.
                                Interesting point but I would put Portis in before Marshall....though neither would get in for me as there are so many other more deserving players.

By the time we get players in that deserve it more we probably need to start looking at the players who won the division 5 years in a row, went to two Super Bowls and won SB50.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X