Next Ring of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Ring of Famer

Other than Peyton, which SINGLE Bronco would you select to be the next inducted into the Ring of Fame?

Here's a few suggestions:

Ryan Clady
    Jake Plummer
    Tony Jones
    Al Wilson
    Ed McCaffrey
    Trevor Pryce
    Lyle Alzado

Joe Collier is my pick. His impact on the Broncos and the NFL is undeniable. I doubt I'm 100% correct, but these stats are close. 19 years as a Bronco DC with 4 different HCs, 5 GMs and 3 owners, creator of the Orange Crush and adapting the 3-4 defense to the NFL.

I think Gary Kubiak is also really deserving, but don't think he should be next because he's still active and it's for another team.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 08-22-2020, 02:08 PM.

Is Riley Odoms in the ROF?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Ryan Clady, Al Wilson, & Trevor Pryce.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

It's long overdue for Al Wilson.

Comment

Al Wilson and Trevor Pryce would be well deserving in my book. Were both lynch pins on that defense. You could see how the defense suffered when they left in 05 and 06, eventually bottoming out in 08.

Probably not next in line but I think Demaryius Thomas is definitely deserving, I know he hasn't officially retired yet and he might even play again this season or next but he had over 9000 receiving yards with us, second only to Smith and he was a big part of the offensive juggernaut with Manning. Also has the iconic moment against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. He had a 4 year stretch of over 1300 yards/season. That level of consistency is tough to achieve as a receiver. He was always the consummate pro, we were lucky to have him here.
          A book I wrote

Comment

Jake Plummer.? Man people overrate him as a QB....

I can see Wilson tough..
            sigpic

Comment

Good thread!

I like most of the guys on your list. Hard to pick just one. But yeah, Wilson and Pryce immediately come to mind as automatics. Love Eddy Mac myself, but this should be about merit.
              Last edited by CanDB; 08-22-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I would nominate Greg Kragen. Beast of a NT on lot of playoff teams for us. From 86 to 93 he averaged 87 tackles a season. We went to the playoffs 5 times, 4 times making it to the AFC Champ game and 3 times to the SB. On two of our SB teams he lead the team in tackles once and was 2nd in tackles the other time.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                  It's long overdue for Al Wilson.

2:54: Jackson fighting off the urge to yell "JACKED UP" while Berman is talking.

Comment

Riley Odoms was drafted in the first round by the Denver Broncos in 1972 and played his entire twelve year career in Denver. As far as I know, he isn't in Denver's ROF.

He ranks seventh in yards and TDs (eighth in receptions), on the list of Denver's career receivers and he is the second Tight End on that list (Shannon Sharpe is third on the list for yards and TDs, second in receptions and the first TE) Riley Odoms led the team in one or more of three receiving categories (i.e., receptions, yards, TDs) six times during his career. In 1974 and 1978 he led the team in all three of them. He was as good a blocker as he was a receiver.

In view of the fact that, as a TE, he ranks higher on the career receiver list than two WRs who are already in Denver's Ring of Fame (Rick Upchurch, Haven Moses), it constitutes a serious oversight on the part of the Denver Broncos Organization. Riley Odoms is still alive having turned seventy this year. Denver needs to recognize him by adding him to the ROF and honoring him while he still lives.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 08-23-2020, 08:31 AM.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Here's the list of the current members:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/gal...-ring-of-fame/

Here are the 34 members in the Broncos' Ring of Fame

Jon Heath
                      July 7, 2020 1:59 pm
                      The Denver Broncos have elected former coach Mike Shanahan into the team’s Ring of Fame. Shanahan is the 34th member of the Broncos’ Ring of Fame. Here’s a quick look at the list of players, coaches and owners that he’s joining in the Ring of Fame:

1. Coach Mike Shanahan (1984-87, ’89-91, 1995-2008)

2. CB Champ Bailey (2004-13)

3. Coach Red Miller (1977-80)

4. K Jason Elam (1993-2007)

5. LB Simon Fletcher (1985-95)

6. DB John Lynch (2004-07)

7. Owner Pat Bowlen (1984-2019)

8. Coach Dan Reeves (1981-92)

9. WR Rich Upchurch (1975-83)

10. RB/K Gene Mingo (1960-64)

11. C Tom Nalen (1994-2008)

12. WR Rod Smith (1994-2007)

13. TE Shannon Sharpe (1990-99, 2002-03)

14. RB Terrell Davis (1995-2002)

15. DB Steve Atwater (1989-98)

16. OL Gary Zimmerman (1993-97)

17. LB Karl Mecklenburg (1983-94

18. DB Dennis Smith (1981-94)

19. QB John Elway (1983-98)

20. CB Louis Wright (1975-86)

21. LB Tom Jackson (1973-86)

22. LB Randy Gradishar (1974-83)

23. QB Craig Morton (1977-82)

24. WR Haven Moses (1972-81)

25. K Jim Turner (1971-79)

26. DB Billy Thompson (1969-81)

27. QB Charley Johnson (1972-75)

28. DT Paul Smith (1968-78)

29. QB Frank Tripucka (1960-63)

30. Owner Gerald H. Phipps (1961-81)

31. DB Austin “Goose” Gonsoulin (1960-66)

32. DE Rich Jackson (1967-72)

33. RB Floyd Little (1967-75)

34. WR Lionel Taylor (1960-66)

Comment

I believe there’ll be an exception made for PFM. He played only four years in Denver while the qualification is 5, but Denver should feel honored to have his name up there.

Comment

WOW! So many possibilities.

Fans could vote to put five qualified Broncos on a spinning wheel every year and who ever it landed on would be a great choice, IMO.

My pick (vote) would be Ed McCaffrey. Total class with very little if any show boating. Very Barry Sanders type player.

And the fans loved him!
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                            WOW! So many possibilities.

Fans could vote to put five qualified Broncos on a spinning wheel every year and who ever it landed on would be a great choice, IMO.

My pick (vote) would be Ed McCaffrey. Total class with very little if any show boating. Very Barry Sanders type player.

And the fans loved him!
                            Yeah....I take back what I referred to about some others potentially having more "merit" EMac was the essence of being a Bronco! He had great hands, played with much physicality, and was a leader in so many ways! And who will ever forget "the block"?!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              I believe there’ll be an exception made for PFM. He played only four years in Denver while the qualification is 5, but Denver should feel honored to have his name up there.
                              Peyton Freakin Manning over Jay (such a warm, nice guy, stronger arm than John Elway) Cutler??? Cmon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X