The Broncos First Five Games of the 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos First Five Games of the 2020 Season

Based on what we know of what the Broncos have accomplished so far through FA and the draft, how do you feel about the first five games of the new season?

With two games at home and three on the road, I predict we go three and two just because I believe it's very possible with all that has changed during the last year. I have no idea what games we will win / lose but I really think 3 and 2 can happen. Anyone with me on this prediction?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Titans, Steelers, Bucs, Jets and Pat's. Home for Titans and Bucs...I say they go 4-1. Loss coming from the Steelers because it's always tough traveling and they are one of the better defensive units.

That's a lot of traveling to the east coast but NE is tanking and the Jets are a mess. I'm not scared of the Bucs either, old Tommy boy actually has a losing record in Denver. I hope it's hot that day too!! Heat plus altitude equals doom for TB👍

Comment

I like the 4-1 prediction. Obviously a bit biased but think the Broncos come out early and look good. And surprise teams.

But in reality who knows how teams will look without the pre-season or additional practice times. We may be surprised with some teams both good and bad in the first half of the season.

The homer in me thinks the Broncos will be one of those early surprises.

Another aspect of 3 of those games is potential wild card implications. Titans, Steelers and even the Pats (pains me to state they always find a way to win, not dead until they get buried) should be in the wild card hunt with the Broncos. Getting those early season tie breakers would be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        I like the 4-1 prediction. Obviously a bit biased but think the Broncos come out early and look good. And surprise teams.

But in reality who knows how teams will look without the pre-season or additional practice times. We may be surprised with some teams both good and bad in the first half of the season.

The homer in me thinks the Broncos will be one of those early surprises.

Another aspect of 3 of those games is potential wild card implications. Titans, Steelers and even the Pats (pains me to state they always find a way to win, not dead until they get buried) should be in the wild card hunt with the Broncos. Getting those early season tie breakers would be incredible.
        I love the confidence with the 4-1 prediction from you and JvDub95. Very cool!
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
          I love the confidence with the 4-1 prediction from you and JvDub95. Very cool!
          I didn’t say confident, I said “ biased homer” lol

Comment

Titans @ Broncos
            Broncos 27-13

Broncos @ Steelers
            Steelers 31-28

Buccs @ Broncos
            Broncos 28-17

Broncos @ Jets
            Broncos 24- 17

Broncos @ Patriots
            Broncos 24-21

I’ve gotta remain as optimistic as possible at 4-1 throughout the first five games. Broncos will beat up cam but cam will have McDirt and Belichick in his corner hence why the score will be close

Comment

Sorry everybody, looks like I'm going to be "that guy." I'm hoping for 3-2, but I think with the lack of a real offseason/preseason and all of the turnover at really crucial positions, it's going to be more like 2-3.

I'm hopeful the defense is going to start fast and could be another one of those historic type defenses like 2015/16. However, the offense is going to struggle with a new OC, new system, a new right side of the O-line, new WRs/RB and a young QB. That's a lot to ask to come together in the first quarter of the season.

Also, look at the teams we're playing against. There are some SB caliber defenses on those teams and they have continuity from last year. This is one of those times I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I just don't see the 4-1 start against those teams.

Win or lose, I'm all in. I will have no voice left after those games (even if I'm yelling at my TV!) I'm ready for real football!

Go Broncos!

Comment

I usually have a hard time predicting these things when we have pre-season games. Week 1 is typically a mystery for me.

I think we go 5-0.

Do think the Buc will be stronger early than some say. Brady will have that team prepared. There is also a chance we have a hard time dealing with Tenn power running game due to not being much hard physical activity to prepare for the game.

Do think our defense is going to be better than anything we have seen since 2015 and that will keep us in every game and allow the offense to do their thing.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  I usually have a hard time predicting these things when we have pre-season games. Week 1 is typically a mystery for me.

I think we go 5-0.

Do think the Buc will be stronger early than some say. Brady will have that team prepared. There is also a chance we have a hard time dealing with Tenn power running game due to not being much hard physical activity to prepare for the game.

Do think our defense is going to be better than anything we have seen since 2015 and that will keep us in every game and allow the offense to do their thing.
                  Im concerned about a healthy big ben and our young qb in Pitt. Im on board with a 4-1 start

Comment

5-0. I see four teams that will be picking in the top 10 and one more that will be middle of the pack.

Comment

I think we will be top 5 in sacks easily. Picking up Casey and being in the second year of Fangios system.. this front 7 is going to be SCARY.

Beat the titans. I think we can stop their run game without too many issues. Sucks Strnad got hurt
                      Steelers will be an issue with big ben but Ju Ju wasnt that great last year was he? this one is a 50/50 for me
                      Not sure if we beat the Bucs. I know brady has a losing record in denver but he also has 2 1k+ yard receivers BUT doesnt have bill so we will see
                      Jets win no issue
                      Patriots can be a tough one. Bill is just such a good head coach its hard to beat him. Who knows if Cam will be healthy. I think we win this game

Comment

Working...
                      X