Possible Mark Barron??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Mark Barron??

Appears as though the FO is looking at ILB depth. I would be very OK with this if it happens

Initially thought it sounded good. Former 1st rd pick, coverage ILB that played with the Steelers last year. All sounded good.

Until I clicked on a response from an NFL scout Jon Ledyard. I have no idea how credible but he was less then positive. I’ll temper my enthusiasm and hope Fangio can work some magic.

“ Terrible, Missed tackles, no instincts, blown coverages, missed PBUs when in position. Ugly!”

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Appears as though the FO is looking at ILB depth. I would be very OK with this if it happens
      There is room on the roster because the knock-down-drag-out fierce competition for Long Snapper concluded with the release of Wes Farnsworth today, after Jacob Bobenmoyer of Northern Colorado was named LS for 2020.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

not too terribly excited for this one. 7 year journeyman ILB that is depth signing at best.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          There is room on the roster because the knock-down-drag-out fierce competition for Long Snapper concluded with the release of Wes Farnsworth today, after Jacob Bobenmoyer of Northern Colorado was named LS for 2020.
          That might be overstating it. He's the LS for now, with the hope that he's the LS for 2020. But all it takes is one bad snap during a clutch moment and all of a sudden there's a new LS being signed.

Hopefully we don't mention Bobenmoyer again this year, because that will mean he had a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Dang it and Wes Farnsworth had such a good name.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              That might be overstating it. He's the LS for now, with the hope that he's the LS for 2020. But all it takes is one bad snap during a clutch moment and all of a sudden there's a new LS being signed.

Hopefully we don't mention Bobenmoyer again this year, because that will mean he had a great season.
              Oh, the life and fortune of a LS.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                not too terribly excited for this one. 7 year journeyman ILB that is depth signing at best.
                Well he spent all of college at safety so it’s not too surprising that he’s struggled to perform at ILB.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Well he spent all of college at safety so it’s not too surprising that he’s struggled to perform at ILB.
                  I guess he did pretty well when Gregg Williams first moved him. I'd be willing to wager Williams was a factor in that. He likes hybrid players. I don't think Barron ever really had a position in the new NFL. If he'd been drafted 20 years ago, he'd probably would've still been playing strong safety 8 years later.
                  Last edited by Spice 1; 08-28-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X