Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring On The Titans....Bring On The Season!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
    Hello Broncos fans. Looking forward to what should be a good week 1 game.

    Last years abominable game was great because it forced the Titans to finally bench Mariota. That turned the season around and got the Titans to the AFC Championship.
    Welcome aboard.

    I agree putting in Tannehill was the best thing that happened for the Titans last year. I was definitely rooting for them in the playoffs. The Titans are no slouch, for sure. I think it will be a formidable test for the young Broncos.

    I’m looking forward to the game. May the best team win.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
      Hello Broncos fans. Looking forward to what should be a good week 1 game.

      Last years abominable game was great because it forced the Titans to finally bench Mariota. That turned the season around and got the Titans to the AFC Championship.
      Ooops...missed your post. Yes, welcome aboard. You have a really solid team, and what they did late last year was incredible!!:thumb:

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
        Hello Broncos fans. Looking forward to what should be a good week 1 game.

        Last years abominable game was great because it forced the Titans to finally bench Mariota. That turned the season around and got the Titans to the AFC Championship.
        You are welcome for us helping in the benching of Mariota!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          You are welcome for us helping in the benching of Mariota!
          Took the words right out of my mouth!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            You are welcome for us helping in the benching of Mariota!
            Ha, whatever it took. I would have gladly taken a 100 point beating if that’s what it took. Mariota got the nickname Pineapple Tebow around here. If you guys are lucky, the Raiders will be forced to play him.

            But for what it’s worth, Tannehill won’t be going away so soon. He is for real now that he has some actual talent around him and is healthy.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
              Ha, whatever it took. I would have gladly taken a 100 point beating if that’s what it took. Mariota got the nickname Pineapple Tebow around here. If you guys are lucky, the Raiders will be forced to play him.

              But for what it’s worth, Tannehill won’t be going away so soon. He is for real now that he has some actual talent around him and is healthy.
              I used to think Mariota had a real good career ahead. Hmm.

              If Tannehill uses the pass game a little more effectively, your team will be big time trouble for the league.

              Comment


              • #22
                A lot of hype this season. We either got the franchise or we’re tanking for fields
                -Bronco in UT


                While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                Helll of a post

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I hate to say it, because it is often an over used comment, but I think this first game against The Titans is a big one. I see us winning, not easily, but definitely winning (you can come back later and blame me for this if wrong). I see us handling Henry. if anything, I hope we do not underestimate their pass game, even if it seems insignficant.

                  But with that win, I also feel like it will alter what comes ahead in those first 5 games. At Pittsburgh might be tough, with Ben back. Then Brady and Gronk come to town. We lost on the road to The Jets last year, so we must show up. And The Pats are game 5, in Foxboro. Not going to be easy.

                  By setting the tone against The Titans, I am thinking 4 and 1 or at least 3 and 2, which would be ok. But yeah, lots on the line early, and I feel good about our chances!
                  Love your enthusiasm CAN!!!!

                  I believe a strong home win against the Titans for our first game of the season would be incredibly huge for the Broncos confidence with all that has changed in the off season and the win would be a statement that "WE'RE BACK". :thumb:
                  Utah Bronco Freak

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                    Love your enthusiasm CAN!!!!

                    I believe a strong home win against the Titans for our first game of the season would be incredibly huge for the Broncos confidence with all that has changed in the off season and the win would be a statement that "WE'RE BACK". :thumb:
                    Yes....I think this is the perfect way to start the season. Against a strong team with a fantastic run game and a pretty solid D. Lets just do it!!!

                    Lets get this train rollin!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Any predictions on how many yards Henry will get....or not get?

                      I would like to see us keep him well under 100 yards, and see more passing from Tannehill. I believe our O, though a bit rusty, can change their game plan, because Henry can't do it all, especially if behind in the score. So, lets get that lead, and lets put pressure on their O to take some risks.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I used to think Mariota had a real good career ahead. Hmm.

                        If Tannehill uses the pass game a little more effectively, your team will be big time trouble for the league.
                        The play action is the key to the Titans offense. Tannehill killed teams with it last year.

                        Not sure how the Broncos D will play the Titans week 1. Teams really need to be able to stop Henry with just the front 7 and not stack the line. When a D becomes over fixated on stopping the run, the play action pass will kill them. And the Titans have more receiving threats than you might think.

                        As for Mariota, he succeeded in a gimmick offense at Oregon but he isn’t cut out for a pro style offense. Not all that unusual for Heisman trophy winning QBs.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
                          The play action is the key to the Titans offense. Tannehill killed teams with it last year.

                          Not sure how the Broncos D will play the Titans week 1. Teams really need to be able to stop Henry with just the front 7 and not stack the line. When a D becomes over fixated on stopping the run, the play action pass will kill them. And the Titans have more receiving threats than you might think.

                          As for Mariota, he succeeded in a gimmick offense at Oregon but he isn’t cut out for a pro style offense. Not all that unusual for Heisman trophy winning QBs.
                          I just want to thank you folks for beating The Pats in Foxboro! And what you did in Baltimore was amazing!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I just want to thank you folks for beating The Pats in Foxboro! And what you did in Baltimore was amazing!
                            Taking out the Ravens was sweet revenge. But their offense relied on play action passing and short yardage situations. It was a great matchup for the Titans, who forced Lamar Jackson into passing situations where he is weak. And they got stuffed repeatedly on 4th down conversions.

                            Sadly the Chiefs were a bad matchup and just too good.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
                              Taking out the Ravens was sweet revenge. But their offense relied on play action passing and short yardage situations. It was a great matchup for the Titans, who forced Lamar Jackson into passing situations where he is weak. And they got stuffed repeatedly on 4th down conversions.

                              Sadly the Chiefs were a bad matchup and just too good.
                              Not to mention they couldn’t stop the run. Defense couldn’t come through when the offense was stuffed. Kc doesn’t really need to worry about defense with how quick and often they score. They will be a tough out for anyone this season as well.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
                                Taking out the Ravens was sweet revenge. But their offense relied on play action passing and short yardage situations. It was a great matchup for the Titans, who forced Lamar Jackson into passing situations where he is weak. And they got stuffed repeatedly on 4th down conversions.

                                Sadly the Chiefs were a bad matchup and just too good.
                                Nothing to be too down about. It was KC's year. But I think your team was the good news story of the year, and not to take anything away from their talent, the over-achievers of the year as well.......FTR, I love over-achievers.

                                In terms of individuals, I might give the good news story to Andy Reid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X