Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring On The Titans....Bring On The Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver has ruled out fans for the season opener. Wait and see afterward. According to this article, up to 7 teams may have fans at game one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...19/ar-BB18m21y

Of course none will be close to capacity.

Will be interesting to follow developments.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Denver has ruled out fans for the season opener. Wait and see afterward. According to this article, up to 7 teams may have fans at game one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...19/ar-BB18m21y

Of course none will be close to capacity.

Will be interesting to follow developments.
      The number of fans allowed at a game must be over a certain number before it's financially viable and worth the trouble of exposure to liability. Not having a league-wide standard doesn't seem consistent with the way the NFL usually conducts their business.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        The number of fans allowed at a game must be over a certain number before it's financially viable and worth the trouble of exposure to liability. Not having a league-wide standard doesn't seem consistent with the way the NFL usually conducts their business.
        It’s going to be up to local/state governments, not the NFL. They are the ones who have to deal with the repercussions.

Nashville has said no fans in September, which is only 1 Titans game. They will have to decide on the future as time goes by and they have better information.

But no fans seems like the right decision to me. They shouldn’t even have fake crowd noise in the stadiums, just let the TV broadcast generate it for home audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post
          It’s going to be up to local/state governments, not the NFL. They are the ones who have to deal with the repercussions.

Nashville has said no fans in September, which is only 1 Titans game. They will have to decide on the future as time goes by and they have better information.

But no fans seems like the right decision to me. They shouldn’t even have fake crowd noise in the stadiums, just let the TV broadcast generate it for home audiences.
          My take, too.

Comment

At this point ...any football!

Go Broncos
            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Titan of Bravos View Post

I agree with everything but the crowd noise. After some weeks of trial so to speak, I am good with the crowd sounds and music in other major sports. For example, I watch a lot of hockey, and when I'm away from the tv and hear what appears to be very well produced fan sounds that link nicely with the play, including home and away recognition, and the music that is played between faceoffs, it sounds authentic to me, and I believe it adds a little bit of impact to the game. Now, that's just my take. But in this age of technology and creativity, I can see how smart folks could almost duplicate the sounds to match the play and the situations, and I find that aspect of it to add a little more than takeaway.

Conversely, you sure can hear players more clearly. Ha ha...they say if you are near ice level, you can hear all the bad words!!! But seriously, there is an interesting impact of hearing players more clearly, because it represents the raw nature of competitive sports.

Comment

HEY FOLKS!! Lets hear more excitement for the season. We're almost there. We have waited a long time for this!

We've come off a pretty sour run up until late last year.....and if nothing else, that last 5 games was a sign of the direction we are going.

We have one of the most exciting teams for sure, and many key components are on the younger side, And as they all gel, I seriously believe we are on the threshold of a long positive run. In my opinion, this is barely even close to the team we started last season with (though injuries never help).

Yes......I am getting really excited, and I can not say that I have had much of this feeling towards our club for a few years.

Comment

HEY FOLKS!! Lets hear more excitement for the season. We're almost there. We have waited a long time for this!

We've come off a pretty sour run up until late last year.....and if nothing else, that last 5 games was a sign of the direction we are going.

We have one of the most exciting teams for sure, and many key components are on the younger side, And as they all gel, I seriously believe we are on the threshold of a long positive run. In my opinion, this is barely even close to the team we started last season with (though injuries never help).

Yes......I am getting really excited, and I can not say that I have had much of this feeling towards our club for a few years.

Comment

We talk the same (emoji) language!!

Comment

Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaa !!!! Lets Start This 2020 Season DB4L Time From Drew Lock 🔒 to become the Next Face of this Storied Franchise. Drew Lock is gona Kill it this Year 4000 Yards Passing 37 TDs?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                        Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaa !!!! Lets Start This 2020 Season DB4L Time From Drew Lock �� to become the Next Face of this Storied Franchise. Drew Lock is gona Kill it this Year 4000 Yards Passing 37 TDs?
                        I knew you dudes had it in you!!!:thumb:

Comment

Blam Blam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            Madden 21 predicted Lock would have the 2nd most passing yards in 2020.

At this point I so excited to see this team play some real football. I do not expect it to be all peaches and sunshine but the ride should be fun!
                            Dang. That means he's gonna have a terrible year. EA is garbage for sports games...(i buy madden every 4 yrs and nhl every 2 yrs...)
                            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                              Dang. That means he's gonna have a terrible year. EA is garbage for sports games...(i buy madden every 4 yrs and nhl every 2 yrs...)
                              Remember the slogan...

LOCK IT IN!! (and other variations)

Heck, with the weapons on this team, I think I could pass for 3,000 yards!!

I have been on the Lock train from the beginning, and I don't always get these things right. But after those 5 games, and after the concerns about his technique and so forth, I realized that he brings much more to the table than many thought. His arm strength is as good as you can hope for, plus he's agile, can make quick releases, and has more touch than I expected. Plus he sounds like a great guy with a great attitude.

Add that to the new look O, with so much talent, he will not be challenged to do it on his own. We've got multiple good receivers, and a good run game. And the backs can do damage in terms of receiving skills. So yes, I am stoked about this O, and this young gun at the helm.

I keep going back to the 4 and 1 record, the few sacks and pics, all from a young player with a questionable oline.

But I dwell on Lock a little too much. The complete team looks solid to me. The Oline could actually surprise this year, given the athleticism of the QB and the weapons we have. And the D should be top 10 at worst, given the upgrade in the front 7, with Chubb back, and Casey in the interior. And we have one of the league's best Safeties.

OK....I'm guilty....STOKED!!!
                              Last edited by CanDB; 09-02-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'll be cautiously optimistic. We got a lot off good pieces, but no preseason may hurt them coming together the way we want this season to go. Hoping the O-lines woes of past years are done, we have a lot riding on Drew this year and him not getting hurt.

The D though should be on fire from the start though. Too good to start off slow. If we can stop the run, they will be feasting on sacks vs the Titans.
                                We'll all know is about 10 day!
                                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X