Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring On The Titans....Bring On The Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring On The Titans....Bring On The Season!!!

Just over 2 weeks away......Titans come to town, as The Broncos start what might be a playoff season. With all that's transpired, this just hit me again, how excited I am about our Broncos this coming year, and beyond!

To recap, as if anyone needs to be told, we have what appears to be a young, franchise QB, who could easily vault into the group of star leaders in the league. Drew, the guy with the arm, the athleticism, the drive and the look of a leader. Some teams have star QBs who are on the downside of the slope, whereas we may have one of the top players in the league for another decade or more.

Then there's that explosive backfield. Heck, I thought it was good before we signed Gordon. The tandem will be more than a handful, and we have so much protection in case some one goes down for a while.

OH.....and then there's that group of young, talented receivers. If they progress as expected, we might just have the best group in the league within a year or two.

If Lock plays as expected, how do you stop all these weapons!!!

Now the part we have to mention....Oline. I wish we had just a wee bit more talent, BUT, lets remember Lock's stats. Just 5 sacks in 5 games, with but 3 pics. We can say that Lock did it all, but that would be unfair, given he was a rookie with limited practice time. Maybe the previous QBs were more of the problem. Regardless, I believe our Oline is better, and Lock and those weapons will add to the difficulties facing opposing Ds. Bottom line....our O looks amazing!!

Our D is not the D of the SB year, but few Ds can make that claim. But I am optimistic that the additions we made in the offseason including 5 time pro bowler (2015-19) Jurrell Casey, and the return of Chubb, will spark a new energy. And with an O that is highly likely to maintain significantly more control of the play, this D will be rested and out to prove themselves. And with additional O scoring, which I have not doubt will be the case, I expect it to translate to more sacks and turnovers.....as teams are forced to take some risks.

I also believe our coaching crew will be one year further ahead (in terms of cohesion and strategy), and it all helps!

So bring on The Titans! Bring on The Season!!

:lombardi:

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Just over 2 weeks away......Titans come to town, as The Broncos start what might be a playoff season. With all that's transpired, this just hit me again, how excited I am about our Broncos this coming year, and beyond!

To recap, as if anyone needs to be told, we have what appears to be a young, franchise QB, who could easily vault into the group of star leaders in the league. Drew, the guy with the arm, the athleticism, the drive and the look of a leader. Some teams have star QBs who are on the downside of the slope, whereas we may have one of the top players in the league for another decade or more.

Then there's that explosive backfield. Heck, I thought it was good before we signed Gordon. The tandem will be more than a handful, and we have so much protection in case some one goes down for a while.

OH.....and then there's that group of young, talented receivers. If they progress as expected, we might just have the best group in the league within a year or two.

If Lock plays as expected, how do you stop all these weapons!!!

Now the part we have to mention....Oline. I wish we had just a wee bit more talent, BUT, lets remember Lock's stats. Just 5 sacks in 5 games, with but 3 pics. We can say that Lock did it all, but that would be unfair, given he was a rookie with limited practice time. Maybe the previous QBs were more of the problem. Regardless, I believe our Oline is better, and Lock and those weapons will add to the difficulties facing opposing Ds. Bottom line....our O looks amazing!!

Our D is not the D of the SB year, but few Ds can make that claim. But I am optimistic that the additions we made in the offseason including 5 time pro bowler (2015-19) Jurrell Casey, and the return of Chubb, will spark a new energy. And with an O that is highly likely to maintain significantly more control of the play, this D will be rested and out to prove themselves. And with additional O scoring, which I have not doubt will be the case, I expect it to translate to more sacks and turnovers.....as teams are forced to take some risks.

I also believe our coaching crew will be one year further ahead (in terms of cohesion and strategy), and it all helps!

So bring on The Titans! Bring on The Season!!

:lombardi:

Ohhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bring On This Season Lets Go Denver Lets Go !!! DB4L !!

Comment

Madden 21 predicted Lock would have the 2nd most passing yards in 2020.

At this point I so excited to see this team play some real football. I do not expect it to be all peaches and sunshine but the ride should be fun!
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Denver shut the Titans out last year in one of Joe Flacco's two wins. It was Marcus Mariota's last start for Tennessee as he was benched in the third quarter for Ryan Tannehill. Denver's D had seven sacks and three picks.

Mike Vrabel will have his team ready to play, but with very limited scouting as Drew Lock and Pat Shurmur are new along with a number of new players on both sides of the ball with no preseason games to break down. Denver and Tennessee will probably score more points this time.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think that we should all expect some ugly football to start the season, leaguewide. No preseason makes things interesting, and my expectation is that we'll see the Broncos O/D have high and low moments to start until everybody gets used to it. Part of me is also wondering what Tennessee might add offensively that's different than last year. The key with Tannehill was handoff, handoff, handoff, play-action. Will be interesting to see how the Broncos attempt to match up vs TEN.
          Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

Originally posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
            I think that we should all expect some ugly football to start the season, leaguewide. No preseason makes things interesting, and my expectation is that we'll see the Broncos O/D have high and low moments to start until everybody gets used to it. Part of me is also wondering what Tennessee might add offensively that's different than last year. The key with Tannehill was handoff, handoff, handoff, play-action. Will be interesting to see how the Broncos attempt to match up vs TEN.
            When Denver gave up 225 yards rushing to Leonard Fournette at Mile High Stadium, I was dreading Derrick Henry in the next home game. Fangio plugged Mike Purcell, Alexander Johnson and Kareem Jackson in for the Titans game (they had played very well against the Chargers the week before) and Denver's D held Henry to 28 yards on 15 attempts, and Tennessee's team rushing was 39 yards on 21 attempts. It may turn out to be run/stop the run.
            Last edited by samparnell; 08-28-2020, 02:03 PM.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

But everybody knows Ugly Football > No Football. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                When Denver gave up 225 yards rushing to Leonard Fournette at Mile High Stadium, I was dreading Derrick Henry in the next home game. Fangio plugged Mike Purcell, Alexander Johnson and Kareem Jackson in for the Titans game (they had played very well against the Chargers the week before) and Denver's D held Henry to 28 yards on 15 attempts, and Tennessee's team rushing was 39 yards on 21 attempts. It may turn out to be run/stop the run.
                To me it all starts and ends with D.Henry. If Denver can shut him down that will limit the PA and then you force Tannerhill to beat you and with our Defense I like that chance..

Comment

I hate to say it, because it is often an over used comment, but I think this first game against The Titans is a big one. I see us winning, not easily, but definitely winning (you can come back later and blame me for this if wrong). I see us handling Henry. if anything, I hope we do not underestimate their pass game, even if it seems insignficant.

But with that win, I also feel like it will alter what comes ahead in those first 5 games. At Pittsburgh might be tough, with Ben back. Then Brady and Gronk come to town. We lost on the road to The Jets last year, so we must show up. And The Pats are game 5, in Foxboro. Not going to be easy.

By setting the tone against The Titans, I am thinking 4 and 1 or at least 3 and 2, which would be ok. But yeah, lots on the line early, and I feel good about our chances!

Comment

Looking forward to the Titans game this year! If Denver was the reason for the Titans QB change last year, should be interesting to see how we do this year with our young offensive line. Not expecting great right from the start, especially with no preseason, but can't wait to see these Broncos on the field again!
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

I imagine Jurrell Casey will be chomping at the bit to prove them wrong. I expect the defense to come out strong against the Titans.

Comment

Hoping for Tannehill to get absolutely crushed.

Comment

Hello Broncos fans. Looking forward to what should be a good week 1 game.

Last years abominable game was great because it forced the Titans to finally bench Mariota. That turned the season around and got the Titans to the AFC Championship.

Comment

Maybe.... maybe not. Starters were barely playing in preseason as it was, I think the Broncos starters had like 20 snaps total in all of last years preseason.

The NFL has wanted to get rid the preseason games for awhile, this will be an interesting test.

Comment

I’m freakin’ dying for some Broncos football! My internal football clock is used to way more coverage and preseason games. I’m starved for football right now.

Can’t wait to see how this team looks this year. Particularly on offense. At the very least, I think we will be treated to a better brand of offense than we’ve been tortured with for 4 years. Young/unproven hotshot QB. A dangerous backfield. Young, dynamic wideouts and TEs. I’m pretty confident we’ll see an improvement on offense. The o-line is still a concern and the offense as a whole will have their ups and downs. Still, I find it difficult to fathom that the offense will be as pathetic as it has been.

Watching young, exciting players develop is very enjoyable for me. I think we have a good nucleus of young talent. I’m very glad to see this team move away from the FAs or bust strategy.

This is the most optimistic and excited I’ve been for this team than I have been for several seasons.

Can’t wait!!!
                              Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X