X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Reiff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/predomi...ley-reiff/amp/

The Denver Broncos need to closely monitor Riley Reiff’s situation.

The Denver Broncos’ offensive line is certainly not set in stone heading into the final week before roster cuts are made, and one situation that needs to be closely monitored by John Elway and the front office is that of Minnesota Vikings tackle Riley Reiff.

The Denver Broncos could have had Reiff on their trade radar as soon as Ja’Wuan James opted out of the 2020 NFL season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The team decided to sign veteran Demar Dotson as a potential replacement for James instead, and Dotson has only recently started taking some snaps with the starting offensive line.

At the team’s training camp scrimmage at Empower Field at Mile High on Saturday, right guard Graham Glasgow injured his ankle and the team called it a sprained ankle after the practice.

After the day off on Sunday, Glasgow was not present at Denver Broncos practice on Monday morning.

Vic Fangio will have to update the media on that situation after practice as best he can, but if Glasgow is seriously hurt, that is enough cause to sound the alarm for the Broncos on the offensive line again here in the 2020 offseason.

James opting out already puts the Broncos in a situation where they need to re-shuffle things pretty significantly, but an injury to Glasgow really opens up a new can of worms.

Austin Schlottmann has been working as the top center at times and one of the primary backups at right guard, so it’s possible he and Elijah Wilkinson would make up the right side of the Broncos’ offensive line.

It’s also possible the Broncos could move Elijah Wilkinson back to right guard and just push Demar Dotson into the top right tackle spot as well.

One way or another, if Riley Reiff has the potential of being cut by the Minnesota Vikings, he’s a guy who has history with Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur and is someone the Broncos tried to sign in free agency back in 2017.

Reiff can play either the right or left side, and you’d certainly feel a lot more comfortable with him even playing guard if Graham Glasgow has to miss significant time than some of the alternatives.
    Pretty good article but this man won’t take a pay cut for Minnesota and even with left over money from James opting out, Elway will still go very cheap and miss out on signing Reiff as he has done with other free agents such as Calais Campbell and a few others, assuming Reiff becomes available.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    ·
    2h
    The #Vikings are finalizing a restructured contract with left tackle Riley Reiff, sources tell me and
    @RapSheet
    . One day after Reiff was offered a pay cut and said goodbye to teammates, he’s back and the O-line stays intact.
    I think a new OT was tgtbt
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/predomi...ley-reiff/amp/

Pretty good article but this man won’t take a pay cut for Minnesota and even with left over money from James opting out, Elway will still go very cheap and miss out on signing Reiff as he has done with other free agents such as Calais Campbell and a few others, assuming Reiff becomes available.
      Reiff will have to weigh his options and not necessarily hold out for top dollar.

That being said, I think it’s unlikely he ends up in Denver, if he’s cut.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Well, maybe the Yannick N. deal made Reiff reconsider. Or the restructure could be a prelude to a trade, depending on how offended he was about being asked to take a pay cut.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Nope no more overpaid players. What about Adam Redmond who just got released? Depth at center & guard where he has mostly played. And more cuts to come, we need a viable replacement for Bolles & James for next year.
          Bronco Bob

Comment

Sounds like Riley Reiff will stay with the Vikings this year.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yep. Reiff agreed to restructure. Looks like we are stuck with Dotson and Wilkinson.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
              X