No announcement yet.

Yiadom traded to Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't surprise me that 3-year starter Essang Bassey and his 45 PD / 5 INTs / 227 Tkls is turning heads. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the number 2 spot at some point this year.

My CFB-CB watchlist includes:
    Paulson Adebo, 2-years @ Stanford: 30 PD / 8 INTs / 97 Tkls (Round 1)
    Thomas Graham Jr., 3-years @ Oregon: 32 PD / 8 INTs / 182 Tkls (Round 7)
    Robert Rochell, 3-years @ Central Arkansas: 25 PD / 10 INTs / 77 Tkls (Round 7)

My 2021 Broncos wishlist:
    CB: Adebo, Graham, Bassey, Rochell
    DB: Simmons, Ojemudia, Bouye, Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I think they’re probably trying recoup what they gave up for Dawson.

I thought KJ Hamler was back at practice already?
      He was fully dressed in pads yesterday but working on the sideline with trainers. They’re easing him back which is a good thing.
      sigpic

Comment

A third rounder traded for a seventh rounder. Contributed little to the Broncos in two seasons. Another Elway early round miss. Playoffs or Elway need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z
          I’ve been sarcastically showing praise for Yiadom since these Elway fanatics can find no wrong with him but I full heartedly agree with you.

The broncos will make the playoffs and we’ll see another year under Elway but IMO I believe it’ll be his last. Anyway the team will be pretty good this year and even better in 2021.
          This makes no sense. Trust me when I say I have been as critical as anyone on Elway. that said Risner, Lock are recent examples of non-1st round players who have been pretty good in rounds 2-3. Now the question is this - can we turn the corner and make the play-offs and not go one and done OR at least be hyper competitive. If we do that I do not see a need to get rid of Elway. There are so few teams who lose a franchise QB and then bounce back in less than 2-3 years. If we can get back to the post-season in 5 years - not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            This makes no sense. Trust me when I say I have been as critical as anyone on Elway. that said Risner, Lock are recent examples of non-1st round players who have been pretty good in rounds 2-3. Now the question is this - can we turn the corner and make the play-offs and not go one and done OR at least be hyper competitive. If we do that I do not see a need to get rid of Elway. There are so few teams who lose a franchise QB and then bounce back in less than 2-3 years. If we can get back to the post-season in 5 years - not bad.
            This is So True. It is not easy getting back to the Super Bowl especially after losing a Franchise QB who elevated everyone else to Greatness. I think with Drew Lock now set in stone as the Next Franchise QB Denver is Gona B Allllll Right Oh Yeaaaaaaaa So Ready for some MNF !! Watching The Denver Broncos Once Again Shut Down D.Henry and Beating The Tenn Titans !!

Comment

I'm not usually so happy to see a Bronco go... but must say I was pleased with this one.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Its silly to get rid of Elway. Many cannot understand the forest through the trees. Any team that does not have a Good Solid starting QB is going to stink. Almost ZERO teams go from having a HOF QB to another franchise QB in 5 seasons. It does not happen. It usually takes a lot longer than 5 years to find a QB too.

If teams were as knee jerk as the fans here there would be new GM jobs for about 26 teams each year!
                It does not matter who the GM is when you lose a HOF QB and it takes a minute to find a new one.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  What makes no sense?

I said we’ll see another two years of John Elway as the GM however after that IMO I don’t see him being with the team any longer.

It’s not that I’m passing over critical disdain for him, it’s because his contract is up and I don’t see him renewing it. He’s been with the team a very long time and I believe he’ll be ready to move on while paving the way and get ready for it but Matt Russell taking over as his heir.

Personally I’d rather see someone with more of a player background but I don’t think that is happening, it’ll be Matt Russell which really stinks but what can you do!
                  sigpic

Comment

Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      What makes no sense?

I said we’ll see another two years of John Elway as the GM however after that IMO I don’t see him being with the team any longer.

It’s not that I’m passing over critical disdain for him, it’s because his contract is up and I don’t see him renewing it. He’s been with the team a very long time and I believe he’ll be ready to move on while paving the way and get ready for it but Matt Russell taking over as his heir.

Personally I’d rather see someone with more of a player background but I don’t think that is happening, it’ll be Matt Russell which really stinks but what can you do!
                      So you think Elway himself won't resign? The guy bleeds orange and blue, if it were up to him I think he'd continue this job till it kills him. Imo, Elway does resign and we win another SB under his guidance. Our last SB was one he bought I think he wants a SB with one he drafted

Comment

Theyve been grooming Matt Russel to take over the gm job.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          So you think Elway himself won't resign? The guy bleeds orange and blue, if it were up to him I think he'd continue this job till it kills him. Imo, Elway does resign and we win another SB under his guidance. Our last SB was one he bought I think he wants a SB with one he drafted
                          It’s very hard to say, I don’t see him ever resigning and I dont see him ever leaving this team in shambles.

I can see him setting this team up with great talent and then exiting once his contract is up. If they’re good enough to compete for a championship under his guidance then so be it but I still say he’s got to find those offensive tackles before we can compete with the top teams on a more head to head level.
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-04-2020, 11:43 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            You must had saw the reports right before the trade that suddenly Fangio was highly impressed with Bassey.

No one knew this trade was going down but Mike Klis was all over Twitter with high praise from Fangio toward Bassey then Suddenly a trade happens! This is huge, it’s shouting in favor of Basseys Play during training camp.
                            has, have, had seen
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              Its silly to get rid of Elway. Many cannot understand the forest through the trees. Any team that does not have a Good Solid starting QB is going to stink. Almost ZERO teams go from having a HOF QB to another franchise QB in 5 seasons. It does not happen. It usually takes a lot longer than 5 years to find a QB too.

If teams were as knee jerk as the fans here there would be new GM jobs for about 26 teams each year!
                              It does not matter who the GM is when you lose a HOF QB and it takes a minute to find a new one.
                              We all know how important QBs are. Elway’s choice at GM were Paxton Lynch, Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco and others. Is Drew Lock the answer? I hope so, but so far his numbers are identical to Trevor Siemian’s through five games.

Meanwhile, Elway is responsible for our dreadful early draft picks until 2018. Drafting folks like Montee Ball, Cody Latimer, Shane Ray, Ty Sambrailo, etc. has nothing to do with not having a star QB. That is an empty excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                                We all know how important QBs are. Elway’s choice at GM were Paxton Lynch, Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco and others. Is Drew Lock the answer? I hope so, but so far his numbers are identical to Trevor Siemian’s through five games.

Meanwhile, Elway is responsible for our dreadful early draft picks until 2018. Drafting folks like Montee Ball, Cody Latimer, Shane Ray, Ty Sambrailo, etc. has nothing to do with not having a star QB. That is an empty excuse.
                                That isn’t true at all. Belichick is grossly overrated as a talent evaluator and many of his draft picks are bad and a bad values but because of Brady he’s been deemed this great evaluator of talent. If we had a great QB we’d still end up in the playoffs and no one would care about those wasted picks. Judging him off the QBs isn’t ideal either, very few GMs have a good track record there. Throwing in retreads meant as bridges means very little IMO. The only QBs I feel he can truly be judged off of are Osweiler, Lynch, and Lock and if you believe the stuff that went down with Prescott you could throw him in there as well. They were all taken with the expectation of being franchise QBs. Lock looks better than either of them in an offense that eased him in so there’s promise.

And you can’t only bring up the bad, he’s had plenty of good draft picks in there as well.
                                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-04-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X