Yiadom traded to Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That isn’t true at all. Belichick is grossly overrated as a talent evaluator and many of his draft picks are bad and a bad values but because of Brady he’s been deemed this great evaluator of talent. If we had a great QB we’d still end up in the playoffs and no one would care about those wasted picks. Judging him off the QBs isn’t ideal either, very few GMs have a good track record there. Throwing in retreads meant as bridges means very little IMO. The only QBs I feel he can truly be judged off of are Osweiler, Lynch, and Lock and if you believe the stuff that went down with Prescott you could throw him in there as well. They were all taken with the expectation of being franchise QBs. Lock looks better than either of them in an offense that eased him in so there’s promise.

And you can’t only bring up the bad, he’s had plenty of good draft picks in there as well.
    Elway statistically has drafted substantially fewer Pro Bowl players than nearly every other team since 2011. Elway isn’t average, he is BELOW AVERAGE at drafting. My point is, if he was missing on his QB choices, he could have made up for it by by drafting well, especially in the early rounds. But instead he has both missed on QB decisions and squandered a dozen 1st and 2nd round picks in his tenure.

You are right to some extent that Osweiler, Lynch, and Lock are the true tests of Elway. So the question is, how long does Lock have before we can make a judgment?

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
      We all know how important QBs are. Elway’s choice at GM were Paxton Lynch, Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco and others. Is Drew Lock the answer? I hope so, but so far his numbers are identical to Trevor Siemian’s through five games.

Meanwhile, Elway is responsible for our dreadful early draft picks until 2018. Drafting folks like Montee Ball, Cody Latimer, Shane Ray, Ty Sambrailo, etc. has nothing to do with not having a star QB. That is an empty excuse.
      Really? So what say you about:

Derek Wolfe?
      Von Miller?
      Justin simmons?
      Connor McGovern?
      Courtland sutton?
      Dalton riser?
      Aj Johnson?
      Lindsey?
      Fant?
      Dremont Jones?
      Purcell?
      Kareem Jackson?

I can go on. Tis you that has the excuses.
      If you won't accept it, name 5 teams that went from HOF qb, to franchise QB in 5 years.......

I'll wait for your excuses. Step up or shut up.

Ps. Elway and Co LOVED:
      Wentz
      Prescott
      Mahomes
      Luck
      Mayfield

But were not in position to draft any of them. They thought lock was a top 10 pick. We got him in rd 2. How many ppg did trev average ? I bet lock is better.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
        Elway statistically has drafted substantially fewer Pro Bowl players than nearly every other team since 2011. Elway isn’t average, he is BELOW AVERAGE at drafting. My point is, if he was missing on his QB choices, he could have made up for it by by drafting well, especially in the early rounds. But instead he has both missed on QB decisions and squandered a dozen 1st and 2nd round picks in his tenure.

You are right to some extent that Osweiler, Lynch, and Lock are the true tests of Elway. So the question is, how long does Lock have before we can make a judgment?
        Pro Bowls are a fickle way to judge a GM though. The better your team is, the more guys that will make it whether they’re deserving or not and even then we’re still likely to have less than other teams due to us being a small market team. Eventually it all circles back to the QB position but even if Lock lights it up this year we’ll still likely have 3 or 4 guys named to the Pro Bowl at the most.

For example, Jurrell Casey has been named to the Pro Bowl the past 5 seasons after being snubbed the 2 seasons before that. Yet last season we had 2 guys who outperformed him and neither made it. Now that he’s here he probably won’t make it unless his production jumps up another level. There’s nothing Elway can do about that. Smaller market teams have to have guys play at a higher level for longer to have a shot especially if they don’t have a QB forcing the team into the conversation for morning talk shows. That’s why Simmons made 2nd team all pro but got snubbed in favor of Earl Thomas in the Pro Bowl.

Comment

Do you think that Elway already had a trade up deal for the next pick when he passed on Lock in second round in favour of Risner?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
            Do you think that Elway already had a trade up deal for the next pick when he passed on Lock in second round in favour of Risner?
            Maybe. He had Pittsburgh's second round pick which he combined with a couple of other picks to move up and get Lock. It was part of the deal in which Pittsburgh moved from #20 to #10 to get Bush. For Denver the trade produced Fant, Lock and Cushenberry.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
            X