Yiadom traded to Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yiadom traded to Giants

Not sure what the compensation is yet but that thins us out at corner now ...

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    A 2021 7th round pick.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...adom-to-giants

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Probably saw enough that they liked Bausby/Harris/Ojemudia. Yiadom had his chance here
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Probably saw enough that they liked Bausby/Harris/Ojemudia. Yiadom had his chance here
        Watch, the guy will turn in an impressive season....sometimes, not often, a change of scenery does one wonders. I wish him luck.

Comment

Trading a player just before cuts sounds like a minor accomplishment. Without open practices and preseason games we have little on which to base an opinion. Shurmur may have helped facilitate the move. Denver must have felt they had as good a prospect; perhaps Essang Bassey.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Flipping a 3rd for a 7th, 2 years after the selection, is the opposite of how you want to bank equity. Just indicative of how poorly DEN drafted in the 2-3 rounds for what felt like half a decade.

(This KJ Hamler injury not a good sign for turning the corner here either)

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Flipping a 3rd for a 7th, 2 years after the selection, is the opposite of how you want to bank equity. Just indicative of how poorly DEN drafted in the 2-3 rounds for what felt like half a decade.

I think Drew Lock, Dalton Risner and Sutton have something to say about that. Maybe give a guy 3 weeks before lumping him in with the stupid former HC and his picks.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Trading a player just before cuts sounds like a minor accomplishment. Without open practices and preseason games we have little on which to base an opinion. Shurmur may have helped facilitate the move. Denver must have felt they had as good a prospect; perhaps Essang Bassey.
                I'm with you on Bassey. Pretty surprised by the trade, considering the compensation. MAYBE we are finally going to grab Logan Ryan.
                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                  I'm with you on Bassey. Pretty surprised by the trade, considering the compensation. MAYBE we are finally going to grab Logan Ryan.
                  Wouldn't you know? Logan Ryan was signed by the Giants.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wouldn't you know? Logan Ryan was signed by the Giants.
                    Ahhhh. I missed that. Oh well, guess they wanted DB help more than we did.

Comment

This supports what you're thinking.

"Broncos' Essang Bassey: Gets some first-team work
                      Rotowire 10 hrs ago

Bassey played nickel with the first-team defense Wednesday, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.

The Broncos must have liked what they saw in Bassey as reports indicate that third-year corner Isaac Yiadom is heading to the Giants in a trade. The undrafted rookie led the ACC with 16 passes defended in 2017 and picked off five passes during his time at Wake Forest. Though the time with the first-team and the Yiadom trade makes it more likely that Bassey makes the final squad, he's unlikely to slot higher than CB4 behind A.J. Bouye, Bryce Callahan, and De'Vante Bausby."

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        I think Drew Lock, Dalton Risner and Sutton have something to say about that. Maybe give a guy 3 weeks before lumping him in with the stupid former HC and his picks.
                        Goes to show how long people with stick with an old narrative.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

You must had saw the reports right before the trade that suddenly Fangio was highly impressed with Bassey.

No one knew this trade was going down but Mike Klis was all over Twitter with high praise from Fangio toward Bassey then Suddenly a trade happens! This is huge, it’s shouting in favor of Basseys Play during training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

I think they’re probably trying recoup what they gave up for Dawson.

I thought KJ Hamler was back at practice already?

Comment

Good for Bassey for taking advantage of a situation. Hope he can be a solid addition to the secondary. Luckily not expected to be a “star” just not the weak link.

Will be interesting to see where Ojemudia fits in when he returns. Getting injured this shortened pre-season sure changes things.

Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth by getting anything but a 7th for a 3rd rd pick is tough. Hopefully the first move of being a future trade partner with the Giants. They owe the Broncos something.....

Comment

Working...
                              X