Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos release Todd Davis

Ryan O'Halloran
    @ryanohalloranTodd Davis release creates $4.5 million in salary cap space ($1.5 million dead hit). #Broncos

Very shocked. No indications at all we were going to release him. I sincerely hopes this means they like Mark Barron a lot.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Now the trade for Austin Calitro makes sense

Comment

Ya I'm very surprised. Maybe, a surprise trade is on the horizon? Jags seem to be selling off parts, so maybe Myles Jack is a possibility.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I’m only surprised because of how much it seemed the front office loved him.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Yeah it seemed like Davis was the cockroach of the roster. Would somehow survive every roster cut and draft, after going for players like Fred Warner and Patrick Queen
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Right This Should Of Happened A Few Years Ago.

Comment

interesting
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yeah it seemed like Davis was the cockroach of the roster. Would somehow survive every roster cut and draft, after going for players like Fred Warner and Patrick Queen
                  Harsh.

The guy did a lot of good things for us over the years, and from what I understood was a good locker room presence.

I trust Vic. I wish Todd Davis the best. Seemed like a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                    Harsh.

The guy did a lot of good things for us over the years, and from what I understood was a good locker room presence.

I trust Vic. I wish Todd Davis the best. Seemed like a class act.
                    I sure hope our run defense does not suffer....has Davis missed a few coverage assignments, yes......but he has been more than solid for us.
                    Next year we need a TACKLE { Clady'esk type } and a tru MLB { Al Wilson type }

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                      I sure hope our run defense does not suffer....has Davis missed a few coverage assignments, yes......but he has been more than solid for us.
                      Next year we need a TACKLE { Clady'esk type } and a tru MLB { Al Wilson type }
                      I'm always apprehensive at the lost of solid pieces like Davis. Without cogs the wheels can't turn.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                        I'm always apprehensive at the lost of solid pieces like Davis. Without cogs the wheels can't turn.
                        Don't Worry Denver Has The Best Defensive Head Coach in the Game I think we are all going to pleasantly surprised.

Comment

We sign for a LB...we trade for a LB...we release a LB

Just happens right now that my favorite horse in the Kentucy Derby is Money Moves and right now the website I look at has him in number 7 with a orange box. Elway is making Money Moves.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This is what this appears to be. With a 175m cap potential next year, this move gives us pretty much 30m next year, which currently includes James.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Wish Davis well, he was a good contributor here for awhile. Feel like he should find a spot on another team.

Curious as to where that leaves us at the position. Ultimately I instinctivly trust Fangio on this, he was the one who passed on Devin Bush in the draft and we ended up with a gem Alexander Johnson. He will have a good idea of what we have so if he's comfortable with the move I feel okay with it. I guess we'll see. It is the spot I'm most concerned about on the defense aside from corner as far as depth goes.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X