Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Harsh.

The guy did a lot of good things for us over the years, and from what I understood was a good locker room presence.

I trust Vic. I wish Todd Davis the best. Seemed like a class act.
    I agree with this. I do however think that at the end of the day we made the right call here.

Comment

Davis has his liabilities in coverage, but the defense was better when he played last year. Besides OT, ILB was a position I was surprised wasn’t addressed in the off-season. I guess we’ll see what Barron has to offer or there’s another trade in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        Ya I'm very surprised. Maybe, a surprise trade is on the horizon? Jags seem to be selling off parts, so maybe Myles Jack is a possibility.
        Mike Klis said earlier that a surprise move may be happening in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Mike Klis said earlier that a surprise move may be happening in the near future
          FWIW, Allbright said this on the Myles Jack front

"Don't think that's happening. Not currently, anyway."

So I think this is more a Cap thing than anything else
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Myles Jack would be a nice pickup but a definite “win now” move with his $15.4M cap number this year and figures to have cap hits ranging from $12.1M to $13.9M for the next three seasons.

I may be off on the exact number, but as it stands right now, we would have about $35M in cap space to roll over to next offseason. That’s plenty enough to extend Justin Simmons and we’d also have the flexibility to go after a nice free agent too. I was very much a Todd Davis truther on this board— but what’s done is done, sadly. I’ll be honest, freeing up that $4-5M from cutting Davis may make the FO look really good in 2021.

Comment

Is Myles Jack even up for trade?
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
              X