Imo KJ Hamler is the biggest loss for Lock thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Can’t even praise one player without tearing down another... this board sometimes... anyways, Hamler had an amazing game. We haven’t seen Hamler run a ton of deep routes all season, but they finally let him take the top off the opposing defense— AND actually threw it to him on those routes as well. This is what we drafted him for and I hope this is merely the beginning of Hamler’s big-time playmaking abilities for us here. He’s already been super clutch against LAC, made tough catches against ATL, and now he enjoyed a career day against CAR.

I may have a Jeudy profile picture, but you can’t deny that Jeudy has made the most of his opportunities when, you know, he actually gets targeted (and thrown a catchable ball). I, for one, will be enjoying the talents of ALL our receivers next year regardless of who’s having the better box score that day. Jeudy literally saved a TD scored against us on that fumble return, which was my favorite play of the day from him— considering how many fans online have started to lament his “work ethic” and “effort” because of his joking tweets lately. Both our young wideouts will be very good for a long time for us.
    There were some wide open receivers today.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      Tried to tell y’all about Hamler. He’s been outplaying Jeudy
      Jeudy 40 catches, 636yds, 2tds ~16yds per catch on the season.
      Hamler 29 catches, 377yds, 3tds ~13yds per catch this season.

Hamler's performance today I think was what the Broncos were visualizing when they drafted him - his speed being a deep threat, a player that could help stretch the field. Jeudy is also playing the role that was likely visualized when they drafted him. But I think if Sutton was healthy and playing along with these guys there numbers might be better.
      For rookies, IMO they are pretty much on schedule, Hamler is little behind but considering he was hurt early and Sutton being out its not surprising it has taken him longer. Of course it would be nice to see Hamler consistently have performances like today but that is probably expecting too much. I would like to see more consistency from Jeudy too but we will probably just have to be patient.

sigpic

Comment

Gotta remember all when critiquing Hamler and Jeudy. Sutton wasn't great his 1st year too. Let's wait till next year to really get piss at them. Yes Hamler was drafted in the 2nd and people keep saying he doesnt deserve that. Have you seen the last few 2nd round picks the Broncos picked, Elway missed so much before Sutton, Im just glad Hamler looks good out there, it took D.walker 4 years to even be active regularly.

Sutton Rookie year
        40 catches 704 yards 4 TD and 16.8 average.

Comment

Sutton/Jeudy/Hamler was the idea with the best of what we had carry over on the roster providing depth. Patrick has done well stepping in for Sutton. Lock needs to be more accurate and just play better in general to take advantage of Jeudy's skill set. Hamler is doing what I thought he might do if things went well for him, so that's a good sign. It's hard to get a good feel for how good these guys really are when our O has been dysfunctional all year though. I think Jeudy and Hamler both have a lot more potential than what we've seen. I still want to keep working those TE's into the game plan.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            Tried to tell y’all about Hamler. He’s been outplaying Jeudy
            How you word this is just bad. Jeudy without Sutton is are Number one, and runs the best routes of anyone on the team. If you watch how the 2nd TD came to Hamler. Look at Jeudy route he runs a 10/15 yard slant that was so good it brought up the Safety cause that's where the safety thought he was going which left no Safety over the top.

However, having KJ back will also help Jeudy and the TE even more, with someone that has deep threat ability the Safety will hold more instead of coming up so fast. Leaving Jeudy and the rest getting more as long as Lock finds them..

What you really should have said Having KJ back opens up our WR/TE crew to be way more affective.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post

How you word this is just bad. Jeudy without Sutton is are Number one, and runs the best routes of anyone on the team. If you watch how the 2nd TD came to Hamler. Look at Jeudy route he runs a 10/15 yard slant that was so good it brought up the Safety cause that's where the safety thought he was going which left no Safety over the top.

However, having KJ back will also help Jeudy and the TE even more, with someone that has deep threat ability the Safety will hold more instead of coming up so fast. Leaving Jeudy and the rest getting more as long as Lock finds them..

What you really should have said Having KJ back opens up our WR/TE crew to be way more affective.
              That's a good point. I also have seen a few people mention that Lock working the shorter stuff opened up legitimate shots at the longer stuff. I view Hamler as a piece in the overall Offensive scheme. Within that context I see him as a luxury and I hated the pick because there was a Center that I wanted instead. But that's water under the bridge and I'm over it. I'm glad he seems to be fitting in and I hope he has a substantial positive impact on our Offense.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
              X