• PS predictions

so who do you think makes the PS?

My picks:
    QB Brett Rypien
    RB Levante Bellamy
    OT Hunter Watts
    OLB Derrek Tuszka

Not sure who else.....thoughts?

It's going to be a lot of guys cut today who make it. This year (for just this season..for now) they've extended Practice Squads to 16 players. And teams can now add a certain number of veterans (can't remember how many) with unlimited NFL games played to their Practice Squad, obviously if the player agrees. And with that they can pay those players however much they want, although it does count against the cap. The final new provision added for this season, teams can now protect up to 4 players on the Practice Squad, which means those 4 players can not be signed away by other teams.

Comment

Alijah Holder S
      Josh Watson ILB
      Justin Hollins OLB
      De'Vante Bausby CB
      Derrek Tuszka OLB
      Douglas Coleman S
      Brett Rypien QB
      LeVante Bellamy RB
      Fred Brown WR
      Troy Fumagalli TE
      Jake Rodgers T
      Hunter Watts T
      Darrin Paulo T
      Pat Morris C
      Trinity Benson WR
      DeShawn Williams DL
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Alijah Holder S
        Josh Watson ILB
        Justin Hollins OLB
        De'Vante Bausby CB
        Derrek Tuszka OLB
        Douglas Coleman S
        Brett Rypien QB
        LeVante Bellamy RB
        Fred Brown WR
        Troy Fumagalli TE
        Jake Rodgers T
        Hunter Watts T
        Darrin Paulo T
        Pat Morris C
        Trinity Benson WR
        DeShawn Williams DL
        Thanks for the list Samparnell. Any word on who is protected? I'm guessing Bausby, Fumagali, and maybe Tuszka and Bellamy?

Comment

Originally posted by imahardkase View Post
          Thanks for the list Samparnell. Any word on who is protected? I'm guessing Bausby, Fumagali, and maybe Tuszka and Bellamy?
          Not exactly sure how it works. They can protect four of the guys on PS. I guess they can designate which ones.

Comment

Alijah Holder S
            Josh Watson ILB
            Justin Hollins OLB
            De'Vante Bausby CB
            Derrek Tuszka OLB
            Douglas Coleman S
            Brett Rypien QB
            LeVante Bellamy RB
            Fred Brown WR
            Troy Fumagalli TE
            Jake Rodgers T
            Hunter Watts T
            Darrin Paulo T
            Pat Morris C
            Trinity Benson WR
            DeShawn Williams DL
            Fumagalli was waived/injured. Can he be brought back on PS?

Comment

I’d expect the team to attempt to put their draft picks on the PS so Winfree, Fumagalli, Hollins, and Tuszka. I’d think Bellamy makes it for RB depth, Watts, Paulo, Rodgers, and Morris for oline depth as well. Bausby will probably be a guy they want to keep as well as Rypien and Watson.

That’s 12, not sure who the other 4 will be.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                I wondered about that. Don't know We'll eventually find out.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                  Not sure if they changed it but I’m pretty sure the Patriots poached Josh Barrett way back when we let him go as waived/injured to try and sneak him on the PS.

Edit:Just looked it up, if Barrett had cleared waivers he would have went to IR so that’ll probably happen with Fumagalli.

Not sure why I remember a fringe S getting designated as waived/injured 10 years ago
                  Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-05-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Not sure if they changed it but I’m pretty sure the Patriots poached Josh Barrett way back when we let him go as waived/injured to try and sneak him on the PS.

Edit:Just looked it up, if Barrett had cleared waivers he would have went to IR so that’ll probably happen with Fumagalli.

Not sure why I remember a fringe S getting designated as waived/injured 10 years ago
                    Good memory.

Josh Barrett kept Tony Gonzalez from catching a pass when he was covering him once in a game at Mile High when Tony was with the Chiefs. Barrett was also a great bullet on Punt and KO teams. The other bullet was David Bruton, wasn't he?

Comment

Good memory.

Josh Barrett kept Tony Gonzalez from catching a pass when he was covering him once in a game at Mile High when Tony was with the Chiefs. Barrett was also a great bullet on Punt and KO teams. The other bullet was David Bruton, wasn't he?
                      On the flip side he was also out of position a lot in that Carolina game where they ran all over us. I think they broke records that game for terrible run defense. But yeah him, Bruton, and I think Hamza Abdullah/Curome Cox before them had some good moments on special teams
                      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-05-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

On the flip side he was also out of position a lot in that Carolina game where they ran all over us. I think they broke records that game for terrible run defense. But yeah him, Bruton, and I think Hamza Abdullah/Curome Cox before them had some good moments on special teams
                        Are we talking about the 2008 game in Charlotte? I was at that game. The thing I remember most is that Shanahan (or Bob Slowick) decided to open the game in a 4-4-3 defense. The Panthers completely shredded it through the air on the opening drive. I was so mad that game, Denver had a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go, I thought I was going to watch them win the division, turns out I was there to watch them get destroyed.

Just looked it up, it wasn't Barrett getting torched by the run, the Broncos DC (Bob Slowick) decided to match Barrett up on Steve Smith, Smith had 9 catches for 165 yards and 1 TD. Apparently Champ Bailey and Marlon McCree were out that game.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090421...008&week=REG15

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Are we talking about the 2008 game in Charlotte? I was at that game. The thing I remember most is that Shanahan (or Bob Slowick) decided to open the game in a 4-4-3 defense. The Panthers completely shredded it through the air on the opening drive. I was so mad that game, Denver had a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go, I thought I was going to watch them win the division, turns out I was there to watch them get destroyed.

Just looked it up, it wasn't Barrett getting torched by the run, the Broncos DC (Bob Slowick) decided to match Barrett up on Steve Smith, Smith had 9 catches for 165 yards and 1 TD. Apparently Champ Bailey and Marlon McCree were out that game.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090421...008&week=REG15
                          It was the DeAngelo Williams TD run. If I’m not mistaken that’s Barrett who comes sliding in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjePi9-5IL8

Comment

It was the DeAngelo Williams TD run. If I’m not mistaken that’s Barrett who comes sliding in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjePi9-5IL8

So he was awful in both the run and pass that game. Haha, good times.

Comment

Alijah Holder S
                              Josh Watson ILB
                              Justin Hollins OLB
                              De'Vante Bausby CB
                              Derrek Tuszka OLB
                              Douglas Coleman S
                              Brett Rypien QB
                              LeVante Bellamy RB
                              Fred Brown WR
                              Troy Fumagalli TE
                              Jake Rodgers T
                              Hunter Watts T
                              Darrin Paulo T
                              Pat Morris C
                              Trinity Benson WR
                              DeShawn Williams DL
                              I loved Bausby, was a little upset by the news he was cut. I've been hoping he would be added to PS, but read something that Elway doesn't plan on claiming many or maybe that was any off waiver wire... wondering what the chances are he will be on the PS?
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
                              X