Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller potentially out for the year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Wow this sucks......... just absolutely terrible. This just about brings tears to my eyes.
    #swapping

    Comment


    • #47
      I am crestfallen.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Time to call Clay Matthews
        Yup!!

        plus 10
        You Mad Bro?

        Comment


        • #49
          So disappointing. Was really looking forward to seeing Von, along with Chubb and Casey. Gotta move on. Pick up the pieces.

          Feel bad for him.

          Comment


          • #50
            This ruined my day. Ugh.... 😞
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Chubb isn’t quite 100 percent, Von is out, Hollins is gone, we now have just Reed and Attachou!

              We’ve gotta make some depth signings wether it’s Ziggy Ansah or 100 year old Terrell Suggs or Cameron Wake or 75 year old Mathews. We now need depth let alone a starter.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-08-2020, 07:30 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Chubb isn’t quite 100 percent, Von is out, Hollins is gone, we now have just Reed and Attachou!

                We’ve gotta make some depth signings wether it’s 100 year old Suggs or 75 year old Mathews or both!
                Or we find an undrafted player who turns out to be the next big thing.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I do hope we acquire a player. Yes, some of the names are long in the tooth, but I would be fine with someone who can add some leadership and ability to pressure QBs, even if the sacks aren't significant. I believe this team and this D have something to show for themselves, and it would not hurt to add some value to the mix.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Ian Rapoport reporting that Von will seek a second opinion from a foot specialist on Thursday.

                    Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted:
                    Von Miller’s MRI is over, and the results indicated a season-ending tendon injury. That’s what the initial fear was. He has an appointment with respected foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay on Thursday for a second opinion. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1303505917871353857?s=20
                    Last edited by GMTD; 09-08-2020, 07:45 PM. Reason: Adding tweet

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Prayers for you Von. Get well soon.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I do hope we acquire a player. Yes, some of the names are long in the tooth, but I would be fine with someone who can add some leadership and ability to pressure QBs, even if the sacks aren't significant. I believe this team and this D have something to show for themselves, and it would not hurt to add some value to the mix.
                        DeMarcus Ware is still only 38!

                        Just saying

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Jabaal Sheard maybe? Coming off a few solid years with the Colts, still out there. Won't be an elite player by any stretch but probably won't be a deficiency on defense lined up. Man would Clowney have been an option if he didn't just sign with the Titans? I think hope beyond hope he doesn't need surgery and can potentially return later in the year but it sounds like it needs surgery. I see he's going for a second opinion but I'm not optimistic.

                          Derek Tuszka was a guy I was excited about because he reminds me a lot of Shaq Barrett, but I doubt he'll be ready to contribute this season probably, like Shaq, needs a year on the PS for seasoning. We'll see, hope someone like Reed or Attachou steps up and is better than expected while we sign a vet. Not ideal but if the offense improves, which I think it likely should then we probably can still have a succesful season, get to the playoffs and see what happens.

                          Really just feel bad for Von though, this close to the opener and a freak thing like this, man...
                          A book I wrote

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            I wander if this is directly related to him putting on weight this year?? I had heard he tried to bulk up? Timing is everything isn't it....we could have been in the Clowny sweepstakes
                            Von has already been sliding. Last year he got 8 sacks for $26M and nothing in the first 3 games and at least one game he didn't even show up on the stat sheet, so let's not over react about the loss of Von. He added bulk didn't but make him faster and old man time eventually make everyone slower, getting bigger won't make him more elusive, he'll never be like the old Von that would bend his body like Neo dodging bullets to get to the QB. I think it is time for some of the backups to step up, I am sure we can get 8 sacks out of those guys.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              Time to call Clay Matthews
                              Well, let's get one thing straight, we are not SB contenders. The offensive weapons are stacked but on the defensive side there are serious concerns, even before Von. Chubb is hurt again too, not as serious but I am am beginning to think he make just have bad luck. Instead, let the back ups get a chance to see what we have instead of throwing away money to get an expensive has-been. Let the offense try to win the games this year and next year focus on defense. We'll have a lot of extra money and most likely a top 10 pick for another edge rusher.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                                Well, let's get one thing straight, we are not SB contenders. The offensive weapons are stacked but on the defensive side there are serious concerns, even before Von. Chubb is hurt again too, not as serious but I am am beginning to think he make just have bad luck. Instead, let the back ups get a chance to see what we have instead of throwing away money to get an expensive has-been. Let the offense try to win the games this year and next year focus on defense. We'll have a lot of extra money and most likely a top 10 pick for another edge rusher.
                                Don't think Matthews would be breaking the bank. A few solid vets out there probably come in for the vet minimum for one year he might be one of them. Gives him a chance to reset his value to test the market next year.

                                I think we're still a playoff team without Miller. Fangio knows his defense and he'll figure out how to be effective. Offense will be better. It's not an ideal situation but I think we're still going to surprise some people with how many games we win this season.
                                A book I wrote

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X