Von Miller potentially out for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    I do not believe Von really declined all that much. What we don't know as fans is if some of the changes in how Von does things are of his own doing (aka necessity or as you'd say it declining play) or as a result of coaching. We just don't know. What we do know is that when a bad year is nine sacks...that ain't bad. Clowney just got 12 million base off of a 3 sack season. So 18 mil for 9+ sacks is not a bad option for us.
    Von had 8 sacks last season just saying but anyway and nonetheless perhaps his play hasn’t fallen off and his lower than usual stats are a result of coaching or due to the style of defense, but then one could assume that he is not the right fit for this style.

I believe this is Fangios shot to find his guy or the right guy for his style of defense and we’ll all see it.

Comment

• Brandon Stokley believes Von will be back in 2021 but not at the $22 million price tag. He thinks the contract can be extended and we can get the salary dropped down to $6 million with incentives.

I'm sorry, but if the belief is that we can get Von Miller to play here for $6 million or around that next season then I really don't know what else to say. IMO that's a ridiculous pipe dream and not very realistic thinking. And I'm saying this as someone who is a huge Brandon Stokley fan.

But say Von is willing to extend the contract and spread the 2021 money out over 2 years. To what end are the Broncos doing this? I mean at some point fans are going to have to understand that it's substantially more likely Von finishes his career somewhere else. The Broncos are going to have several contracts coming up over the next 2 or 3 years. They still haven't worked out a deal with Justin Simmons. And say we go 8-8 this season or thereabouts, which is right about where most experts are expecting the Broncos to be. Why would Von, at the tail end of his career, want to continue with the Broncos indefinitely when he can probably sign with a team like Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, or similar and instantly go back to contending for Super Bowls?

Hopefully I'm wrong and I'll have to eat crow on this in the off season but all logical signs point to Von not being here in 2021.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Von had 8 sacks last season just saying but anyway and nonetheless perhaps his play hasn’t fallen off and his lower than usual stats are a result of coaching or due to the style of defense, but then one could assume that he is not the right fit for this style.

I believe this is Fangios shot to find his guy or the right guy for his style of defense and we’ll all see it.
        No Fangio's shot was to find that guy in the draft or via FA in the offseason. That said i think Von is exactly the type of guy Fangio likes. He is a gifted pass rusher but he is also willing and highly skilled in the run game as well.

Comment

• Ryan kerrigan and Vic Beasley are a couple of guys on the trade block that could be good options? Regardless of what we all think of our backups we do need to add some depth now
          sigpic

Comment

• What a drag...

That's all.
            [sigpic

Comment

• Clay matthews apparently turns down offer from Denver .. says he has no interest in playing this year. So, Broncos are looking at least...
              sigpic

Comment

• Heard that we are talking to Clay Mathews today.

Comment

• Denver expressed interest in signing former Rams’ and Packers’ LB Clay Matthews, but was told he is “not going to play,” per source. Matthews would have been a strong replacement for the injured Von Miller.

Schefter

I like the idea of Ziggy Ansah
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Ryan kerrigan and Vic Beasley are a couple of guys on the trade block that could be good options? Regardless of what we all think of our backups we do need to add some depth now
                    I would take a chance on Ziggy Ansah

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Clay matthews apparently turns down offer from Denver .. says he has no interest in playing this year. So, Broncos are looking at least...
                      Must be Covid. We don't play Chris Carson this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        Must be Covid. We don't play Chris Carson this year.
                        His agent said he is willing to play in the right situation

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          Brandon Stokley believes Von will be back in 2021 but not at the $22 million price tag. He thinks the contract can be extended and we can get the salary dropped down to $6 million with incentives.

I'm sorry, but if the belief is that we can get Von Miller to play here for $6 million or around that next season then I really don't know what else to say. IMO that's a ridiculous pipe dream and not very realistic thinking. And I'm saying this as someone who is a huge Brandon Stokley fan.

But say Von is willing to extend the contract and spread the 2021 money out over 2 years. To what end are the Broncos doing this? I mean at some point fans are going to have to understand that it's substantially more likely Von finishes his career somewhere else. The Broncos are going to have several contracts coming up over the next 2 or 3 years. They still haven't worked out a deal with Justin Simmons. And say we go 8-8 this season or thereabouts, which is right about where most experts are expecting the Broncos to be. Why would Von, at the tail end of his career, want to continue with the Broncos indefinitely when he can probably sign with a team like Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, or similar and instantly go back to contending for Super Bowls?

Hopefully I'm wrong and I'll have to eat crow on this in the off season but all logical signs point to Von not being here in 2021.
                          I guess anything can happen but considering that 4.225 mil of Von's cap hit this year, next year and 2 previous years, is due to the restructure we had him do to sign a QB I am not sure if he will agree on something. I am pretty sure he will get more than what you are suggesting from another team if we release him.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            His agent said he is willing to play in the right situation
                            The Broncos will have to fork over some money. He's still getting paid by the Rams so his incentive to come all the way to an average Denver team will be non-existent unless Denver is willing to pay.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              The Broncos will have to fork over some money. He's still getting paid by the Rams so his incentive to come all the way to an average Denver team will be non-existent unless Denver is willing to pay.
                              Meh. If he doesn't want to be here, I'm good. JE himself is the one who said he doesn't want guys who don't want to be here after Osweiler.

Comment

• Per league source: #Broncos have brought OLB Isaiah Irving in. He has to clear COVID protocols and a physical. Intent is to sign him to the practice squad on Saturday.

He has two years experience with Fangio in Chicago.

Allbright

Comment

Working...
                                X