Courtland Sutton just went down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Patrick may not have the same career stats as Courtland Sutton,
    but their physical attributes are similar.

Sutton is a loss, but I have faith that Patrick and rookie WR Cleveland will step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
      It's getting kinda comical at this point. At some point it becomes not coincidence but bad practice and conditioning program.
      Not trying to stir the pot but this is why we need an actual functioning owner present at the Broncos headquarters day in and day out. We need an owner that is going to hold management accountable for bad conditioning or practicing conditions.

Robert Frederick Smith anyone?

Comment

NoooooooooooNoooooooooo Dam I Drafted Court in all of my FF because i just knew that he was going to be One Of The Best WR's This Season. I just hope for a Fast and Speedy Recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
          This sucks!!! We're going to suck!!! And this was one way to learn if Drew is all that. Dang it!!!
          Yes, now the team has lost a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Before this week, I was thinking this team could win 10 or 11 games. Now I'm thinking 8-8.......

Comment

It's unfortunate Sutton was injured, and hopefully it's just a scare and he's ready to go Monday. But outside of TE and RB that might be the position where the Broncos can most afford to have an injury. They drafted a receiver who will quickly prove to be WR1A (if not sole WR1) in the first round this year. Tim Patrick, while not great, has the size and skillset to provide some help. Hamilton had a good last 5 games last season, and has apparently looked great in camp. And KJ Hamler has been back at practice this week, and has been increasing his workload. And of course they have two TEs they can split out who create size mismatches against DBs and speed mismatches against LBs.

Obviously you never want to lose a key player, especially one as good as Sutton, for any length of time. But I'm not convinced losing Sutton this year is the blow it would have been losing him last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Not trying to stir the pot but this is why we need an actual functioning owner present at the Broncos headquarters day in and day out. We need an owner that is going to hold management accountable for bad conditioning or practicing conditions.

Robert Frederick Smith anyone?

There was no conditioning this year. But how does the ownership situation make any difference to a freak ankle injury and a player suffering a shoulder injury while falling trying to catch a ball? These injuries happened all the time when Pat Bowlen was fully functional and at Dove Valley every day.

That's not to say that the ownership situation doesn't need to be resolved, it certainly does. And I'm not saying management shouldn't be held responsible for the decisions they've made, they certainly should, and with his contract up in the next year or two, it's likely he will. But these injuries have ZERO to do with management or ownership.

Comment

Sorry, I’m feeling kind of despondent about now. Can’t believe what’s happened to our team this year.
                I don’t always know what goes on with the team prior to this, but I’m not sure why if this could or should have been avoided.
                Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-10-2020, 01:20 PM.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If it's a serious injury, this has to be deflating for the team as well as the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                    If it's a serious injury, this has to be deflating for the team as well as the fans.
                    Yeah, I'm waiting to see how Fangio gets the players amped up now. He was doing a good job of it with the Von situation, but now Sutton.......

Comment

Optimism going down by the days. Injuries happen but do they have to happen before we even play the first game? so frustrating i hope its not to serious
                      :go:

Comment

Seriously annoyed right now.

I was all for them playing this year.....if we keep getting screwed by these injuries, I won't be upset if the league ends up getting cancelled because of covid.

Nothing more irritating than going into the year having two of your best players injured. Looking like a loss on Monday night.

Comment

Woof.

Peak 2020.
                          sigpic

Comment

Broncos’ WR Courtland Sutton is undergoing an MRI on the shoulder that he injured during practice today, per source. Sutton left practice after the injury, didn’t return and is now being examined to determined the severity of the injury... Adam Schefter
                            Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

This would never have happened under Vance, where we always had excellent weeks of practice.

Seriously though, whilst this week's events have been a bit freakish, as training intensifies in the run up to the start of the season (and between games in the first few weeks of the season), I anticipate there being many more injuries across the league.

Comment

Not excited about this season anymore. Losing too many good players, and it seems like every year this happens.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X