No announcement yet.

Courtland Sutton just went down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its time for others to step up. I am very interested in watching our players as well as our coaches in the game planning and play calling. I am a little more optimistic then most. I think we are going to see a different team from the start. Von will be a hard felt loss, but Fangio is not new to this and we have other players who can step up and fill in. Should be interesting to watch. Can't wait to see the offense too The future is now and I am anxiously awaiting seeing it. I think our biggest weakness last year was prob Oline but right after it came offensive game plan and play calling. I think that alone will make a huge difference let alone the talent we added. If we lose Sutton it sucks, but imo , we have plenty of depth behind him, as well as at TE and at RB and we have players at both those positions who can also catch the ball adding to our arsenal. If our Oline can hold up and our Coach can call a decent game plan and hopefully one that will help our Oline, I think we will be fine.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I knew you’d be the one to ask, but again there Has to be a functioning owner to hold management accountable in order to make sure that the practice field conditions are acceptable and that the practice, strength and conditioning conditions are acceptable.

Don’t look for reasons to be offended now!
      Again what do these two injuries have to do with ownership issues? Sutton sprained his AC joint going to the ground while trying to catch a ball during individual drills. Freak accident, can happen at any point in time in any practice or game on any surface.

The only person to say the indoor practice facility field was an issue was you when you said you heard someone say it on the radio, We've heard nothing from players, nothing from the NFLPA, who would be all over that etc.

Ownership and management can be an issue, but these two injuries have nothing to do with those two things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        No need to be snarky.

You are still conflating the two issues. Would an owner have had Sutton dive for the ball differently or make management have Sutton dive differently? It would be helpful to know what is expected of whom in this scenario.

It's just too bad Brittany Bowlen wasn't majority owner so she could have been there to ensure no one got hurt....

Comment

Well then, we got a break, even if he can not play Monday.

Comment

I have to believe had there been 1-2 pre season games these injuries would not have had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
              I have to believe had there been 1-2 pre season games these injuries would not have had happened.
              Yeah that’s high possibility.
              sigpic

Comment

What the heck is happening with all these injuries?

Does it have to do with the field? Does it have to do with the practice? Does it have to do with the exercises?

This is ridiculous?
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

From what I am reading it is not a major injury
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

Does it have to do with the field? Does it have to do with the practice? Does it have to do with the exercises?

This is ridiculous?
                    Doubt is has anything to do with the field. Sutton was diving for a catch and landed on his shoulder. More than likely just a tough break than more practice, conditioning, or pre-season games - though that may prove to be an issue for a lot of teams going forward.
                    Last edited by Rastic; 09-10-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

This is ridiculous?
                      Just bad luck. It happens to players for every team, every single year.

Comment

Yeah just bad case of bad luck and timing. I hope this is the end of injuries but sadly I don’t see that happening this year.
                        sigpic

Comment

In the old days around here soneone would blame the trainer.... Lol

Any who.

Don't get me started on how important pre seasons games are to get the body acclimated again. Personally I expect to see quite a few injuries this season that just don't add up.

Comment

This is ridiculous?
                            Sutton’s can happen to anyone on any given play, very little can be done to prevent it. Von’s maybe could have been prevented with a lighter workload or more time to ramp up to full speed. But again it could happen at any point, NFL players push the limits of what is humanly possible so these things are bound to happen.

Comment

It's my fault. I picked Sutton for Fantasy Football which ultimately doomed him. My fantasy team carries the same burden as the Madden Curse.

Let's hope someone can step up, a lot of new blood out there.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                Not trying to stir the pot but this is why we need an actual functioning owner present at the Broncos headquarters day in and day out. We need an owner that is going to hold management accountable for bad conditioning or practicing conditions.

Robert Frederick Smith anyone?
                                Not trying to stir the pot?? Yes....you are. The fact that you bring this to light is proof of that LOL. What does management have anything to do with this injury?? WR is arguably our deepest position and one we can handle....yet somehow this is another Elway failure??? You will just never be happy.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X