Courtland Sutton just went down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I have to believe had there been 1-2 pre season games these injuries would not have had happened.
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Yeah that’s high possibility.
    Not really. We usually see all of these injuries pile up in preseason across the league and many players are out by week one. Which is why the players have been pushing to eliminate preseason for years.

This year it’s just happening in practices instead of meaningless games. Expect to hear a lot more around the league this week too as players start really hitting for the first time.

Also to those blaming ownership. That’s hysterical. You want them training them in practice never to dive after balls to avoid injury? Then it’s ingrained in them during games? You play how you practice.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      Yeah just bad case of bad luck and timing. I hope this is the end of injuries but sadly I don’t see that happening this year.
      Spot on. :thumb:

Comment

He is day to day i get feeling he still plays monday
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Everyone seems to be forgetting one very important detail; SUTTON MADE THE CATCH. I just hope he doesn't become gun shy about attempting those catches now.

I get the impulse to want to blame something. Lack of proper ownership, poor leadership, etc. But in the case of Miller, it was just a one in a million thing. In the case of Sutton, it was the impact his body had with the ground that caused it. Not unusual, not all that surprising, just unfortunate.

I don't know about anyone else on here, and won't speak for you, but, for me, I don't root for 22 guys and special teams. I root for all 53. The league's history is FILLED with players who were nobody's until the player in front of them got injured.

While being hugely disappointed for Von, and somewhat for Courtland (Depending on his health and availability), I'll still massively excited for the season. We have talent on both sides of the ball (YES, still), and hopefully the desire to prove that and wreck some peoples' hopes and dreams, starting with Tennessee this Monday. No time to feel sorry for ourselves. I'm as pumped as I ever was and Monday can't get here fast enough.
          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

So was he in full pads? That could've led more to the injury if he wasn't fully protected

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              He is day to day i get feeling he still plays monday
              I hope he dosent push it and make it worse
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

If Hamler could play I would like to see him and Jeudy get a lot of reps with multiple TE sets.

Let Sutton go inactive and rest.

Get the young guys a lot of reps and let our stud WR heal.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

"Courtland Sutton day to day with shoulder injury, expected to return to practice on limited basis Saturday"

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/c...n-to-practice-
                  Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

It's going to be fine. We have a glut of talent at the WR position so if Sutton has to miss a week then so be it. I want Sutton to get the rest he needs to heal up if he needs it.

Comment

There is lots of depth at WR, TE and RB. Shurmur has more than enough to line up in a variety of personnel packages and different formations. It will be interesting.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

To be honest, even with the added talent at WR, I still think we’re better suited to pound the ball to flatten the curve of a limited offseason to install a new offense while gaining chemistry with new players.

Maybe we see Muti line up at TE in some jumbo sets

Comment

We have WR’s that can step in. That isn’t the issue. The NFL is about creating mismatches, and Sutton is a mismatch for most corners. Similar with Von. We have guys that can step in, but can they create mismatches? Hopefully it won’t cost us on Monday and Sutton can be fully ready by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                            I hope he dosent push it and make it worse
                            I trust sutton and the coaching staff. If they don't think he is ready he won't go but I get the impression that he will try to tough it out
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              To be honest, even with the added talent at WR, I still think we’re better suited to pound the ball to flatten the curve of a limited offseason to install a new offense while gaining chemistry with new players.

Maybe we see Muti line up at TE in some jumbo sets
                              Yep. I'm not the OC, but that's what my Madden brain says. More 2TE, and a healthy dose of Gordon and Lindsay. I think we're pretty darn good on the interior, and let's be honest about our tackles here. We can give Lock more time to throw. I'm not worried about Jeudy getting open against most number twos, and Sutton is a contested catch type of receiver. Hamler probably needs some more time anyway. Plus, we've got the type of tight ends you can get exotic with. Not overly concerned about Sutton's shoulder. Sanders missed no time in '15, and he had one of his best games of the year two weeks after.

Comment

kj is full speed now. We good!
                                So far:
                                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                                X