Broncos Extend McManus for 4 More Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Extend McManus for 4 More Years

The Broncos extended Brandon McManus for 4 years after this one. The contract is worth $17.2 million with $9.5 million fully guaranteed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...andon-mcmanus/

I think its deserved, He’s made 103-of-106 kicks under 50 yds in last 2 years. He needs to improve his 50 yarders but everytime he steps up I feel like it's already made.
    sigpic

Comment

What are his clutch stats?
      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

That money should be spent in Lindsay, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          I don't think that Brandon will be the last one re-signed before season's end
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            The Broncos are among the teams with most cap space, so they can do both deals if they want to. They are unwilling to pay Lindsay at this time, right or wrong, but McManus was in the final year of his contract and we have seen other teams struggle to find a reliable kicker. McManus did not get the most guaranteed money or the highest average per year at his position, so it was a good deal to have one less problem on the roster.
            sigpic

Comment

I’m interested to see how the contract is structured. With James cap hit off the books for this season, I’m wondering if they front loaded this year to plan for next year

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I’m interested to see how the contract is structured. With James cap hit off the books for this season, I’m wondering if they front loaded this year to plan for next year
                That would be a fairly smart thing to do.The question is how much? It is a balancing act. Front load too much this season and we don't have as much next year. Don't front load enough and well be in a tough spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  That would be a fairly smart thing to do.The question is how much? It is a balancing act. Front load too much this season and we don't have as much next year. Don't front load enough and well be in a tough spot.
                  I imagine he wouldn’t take the vet minimum for the next 3 years but I do think this year should be heavily loaded if they could even do that at this point.

Comment

At first I thought this was a bad deal the other day. Then after seeing some atrocious missed kicks around the league today including the one that cost the Bungles a week 1 victory I get it. Don’t make a problem where you don’t have one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      At first I thought this was a bad deal the other day. Then after seeing some atrocious missed kicks around the league today including the one that cost the Bungles a week 1 victory I get it. Don’t make a problem where you don’t have one.
                      It must be extremely annoying to see your team struggling with standard FGs. Kickers can be top scorers on a team. Don't mess with the kicking game. Just look at the issues the Broncos have had with punters.

We might be spoiled in that department because of Elam, Prater and McManus.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good deal glad he will be here.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Wait. What? Was there not an older, more expensive FA coming off an injury available?

LOL. Just messing around. Glad to have him extended. He's had both good and bad moments, but he's been pretty money for the most part.
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad to have possibly the final sb50 member stick around after this season.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                              What are his clutch stats?
                              10-0 in playoffs including 3 in SB. Well deserved imo. Good move by John.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X